Sting nets a "Sting" at Deniliquin

corvairkr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from another site "At least you know the luggage carrying capacity has been independently verified." makes me laugh.

There was also something similar years back where a guy hired a Jabiru from Narromine and used it to take drugs down to Newcastle.

The police nabbed him when his engine failed and he landed in a field in the lower hunter somewhere and it took the school about 4 weeks to get their plane back because they had to prove they were not involved.

I am surprised with the qty of small planes, the number of landing spots, the low radar coverage across Australia that there is not more of this sort of thing happening. In fact thinking about it, you dont even need to land, just throw the packages out the door would be enough.

I am surprised with the qty of small planes, the number of landing spots, the low radar coverage across Australia that there is not more of this sort of thing happening. .....

And what makes you think there isn't a lot more of it happening? We only get to hear about the ones that are apprehended ...

• Agree 5

And what makes you think there isn't a lot more of it happening? We only get to hear about the ones that are apprehended ...

So very true !

I hope RAAus throw the book at him. No commercial use of our aircraft allowed.

VH-SDV according to a few minutes wth Google. Nothing at all to do with RAAus.And it is registered to a company in Beenleigh, AIUI, you can transport equipment for your company under PVT operations, so long as you are not receiving remuneration for the flight, that is, it is incidental to your normal duties with that company.

• Caution 1

I am surprised with the qty of small planes, the number of landing spots, the low radar coverage across Australia that there is not more of this sort of thing happening. In fact thinking about it, you dont even need to land, just throw the packages out the door would be enough.

PNG is a awash with cheap pot. Don't know why the locals would buy it when they can just walk into the forest and help themselves. Someone must be buying it.

Your eyes must be better than mine. Were the rego letters under that blurred-out bit near the fin?

Yep. Goto the CASA register, search "Sting" - there's only 2 on the register afterall, Google their rego for a photo and put two and two together. OF course, it could be RAAus, but with an identical livery to SDV? I don't think so...
  • Like 1

Yep. Goto the CASA register, search "Sting" - there's only 2 on the register afterall, Google their rego for a photo and put two and two together. OF course, it could be RAAus, but with an identical livery to SDV? I don't think so...

Even easier - the other Sting (EOF) appears to be twin-engined!!! See attached 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Sting.PNG.4a18fa8438fe9662815bee0f99a4d53d.PNG

• Haha 1

Someone in the Police force should tell the copper who was pointing his automatic at the pilot -with both arms, it looked to me, in the prop- arc., that this is probably not the best possible position to put oneself in..

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/bikie-drug-plane-carrying-45kg-of-cannabis-seized-by-police-in-deniliquin/story-fni0cx12-1227510335990

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

S.A doesn't do good weed, it's better $$ to grow grapes (Hallelujah). But importing weed to the Riverina? Coals to Newcastle? Ice (of the H2O) variety to Antarctica? Bullsh1t to Capitol Hill in Canberra?

What WERE they thinking?

• Haha 1