Rapidly Changing Times for the worse in this great Country

Guest john

This is what now is unfortunately actually occurring in this once great country of Australia, unbeknown to a lot of us.

A charter pilot who was killing time at a local aerodrome recently, whilst waiting patiently for his passengers went to the nearby Maccas opposite the airport to get some lunch.

He asked the employee for a burger with crispy bacon, lettuce, cheese & tomato. Upon obtaining the burger, & taking the first bite, he noticed that the bacon was cold & not crispy, thinking that it may not have been cooked properly.

He went back to the counter & asked the employee who intially served him, why the bacon was cold. The employee told the Pilot that all bacon now has to be cooked in the microwave oven because if cooked on the grill, it would contaminate the other meats & they would lose their HALAL CERTIFICATION.

The Pilot then said: " therefore it seems I can't have a burger anymore, how I have always eaten one because of a minority of religious immigrants says it offends them". The employee just shrugged her shoulders & commented this is now a " CERTIFIED HALAL STORE" .

So if you now get a burger from Maccas & wonder why the bacon doesn't taste right, you'll know that it has been thawed out & heated up in a microwave, because if they grilled the bacon (as it has always been done in the past) it would supposedly contaminate all the other meats cooked under the grill, which would be offensive to a small percentage of the radical religious migrants.

According to Google, Maccas want to retain their HALAL CERTIFICATION.

The Pilot has stated that that he has now scratched Maccas of his food list, & went onto comment that maybe its a good thing because he will now be able to lose some weight & regain a better health physique for his next aviation medical which was due in a couple of months.013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hardly call someone eating halal food as being a radical religious migrant. Wouldn't that make everyone of the Jewish faith radical as well, by your standard? As for McDonalds it is just a business decision.

We have an au pair who arrived recently. She was born in France but her parents were from Mali. She is a Muslim. She is smart, funny and the kids love her. And she eats halal meat - so what? We go to the local halal butcher, who is, funnily enough, a really nice bloke. The steaks, sausages etc are all really good.

And last time I checked, the AU poultry producers noted that almost all chicken produced in AU is actually made halal. It is just not marketed that way at Coles etc. Same for beef where much of what is produced is halal.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Remind me never to fly with this theoretical charter pilot: if he's not assertive enough to get his bacon properly nuked at Maccas (and bacon nukes just fine), and is so mentally impaired as to think that then signals an end to his enjoyment of burgers, then I truly fear for both him and any luckless passengers he may take with him.

• Winner 1

I would hardly call someone eating halal food as being a radical religious migrant. Wouldn't that make everyone of the Jewish faith radical as well, by your standard? As for McDonalds it is just a business decision.We have an au pair who arrived recently. She was born in France but her parents were from Mali. She is a Muslim. She is smart, funny and the kids love her. And she eats halal meat - so what? We go to the local halal butcher, who is, funnily enough, a really nice bloke. The steaks, sausages etc are all really good.

And last time I checked, the AU poultry producers noted that almost all chicken produced in AU is actually made halal. It is just not marketed that way at Coles etc. Same for beef where much of what is produced is halal.

Same in NZ, 2Tonne: all commercially processed meat is Halal, and has been for years, which makes it all eligible for export to most markets.

Oh and guess what? Apparently most of the lettuce in the US comes from the one massive growing operation. And because of the systems they use, it happens to be 'organic'. But it's not marketed as such in most outlets, for fear of a consumer backlash against the greenies.

But at least our charter pilot had 'real' lettuce in with his unsatisfactory bacon...didn't he? Please tell us he did? Cos once your lettuce goes organic, it's a sure sign your great country is headed down the tubes.

I mean, that's obvious.

Innit?

• Agree 1

This is what now is unfortunately actually occurring in this once great country of Australia, unbeknown to a lot of us.A charter pilot who was killing time at a local aerodrome recently, whilst waiting patiently for his passengers went to the nearby Maccas opposite the airport to get some lunch.

He asked the employee for a burger with crispy bacon, lettuce, cheese & tomato. Upon obtaining the burger, & taking the first bite, he noticed that the bacon was cold & not crispy, thinking that it may not have been cooked properly.

He went back to the counter & asked the employee who intially served him, why the bacon was cold. The employee told the Pilot that all bacon now has to be cooked in the microwave oven because if cooked on the grill, it would contaminate the other meats & they would lose their HALAL CERTIFICATION.

The Pilot then said: " therefore it seems I can't have a burger anymore, how I have always eaten one because of a minority of religious immigrants says it offends them". The employee just shrugged her shoulders & commented this is now a " CERTIFIED HALAL STORE" .

So if you now get a burger from Maccas & wonder why the bacon doesn't taste right, you'll know that it has been thawed out & heated up in a microwave, because if they grilled the bacon (as it has always been done in the past) it would supposedly contaminate all the other meats cooked under the grill, which would be offensive to a small percentage of the radical religious migrants.

According to Google, Maccas want to retain their HALAL CERTIFICATION.

The Pilot has stated that that he has now scratched Maccas of his food list, & went onto comment that maybe its a good thing because he will now be able to lose some weight & regain a better health physique for his next aviation medical which was due in a couple of months.013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

Takes a special kind of person to believe this sort of rubbish. That is what is dragging this country down. Stupid people easily offended and easily led...

• Agree 6

https://mcdonalds.com.au/sites/mcdonalds.com.au/files/CYT-Salad-November-2015.pdf"We have a number of Halal certified restaurants. Only those items listed on the certificate in the front counter area and drive thru booth at our restaurants serving Halal options are certified as Halal. "

Funnily enough...it doesn't stop my daughters Muslim friend from enjoying the majority of the menu provided by our non-halal MacDonalds restaurant...as most food in Australia (as previously stated) has been halal for many years due to the common sense market forces.

It annoys me that we are being influenced by superstitious nonsense from pre-scientific days. They didn't even know about germs in those days.

Some of the stuff makes some sort of sense if you imagine those ancient priests trying to discern what certain powerful spirits were trying to tell them. The spirits made people get sick and die.

These days we can see how absurd a lot of it is.

There is a saying "if you can be made to believe absurdities then you can be made to commit atrocities"

• Agree 2

It annoys me that we are being influenced by superstitious nonsense from pre-scientific days. They didn't even know about germs in those days. Some of the stuff makes some sort of sense if you imagine those ancient priests trying to discern what certain powerful spirits were trying to tell them. The spirits made people get sick and die.

These days we can see how absurd a lot of it is.

There is a saying "if you can be made to believe absurdities then you can be made to commit atrocities"

There is also a saying "bad things happen when good men do nothing". So I am enormously heartened that almost all the posts in this thread saw the original post for what it was, and treated it as it deserved.

• Agree 3

I'll get a "T" shirt with "Prejudice" on it and see if they will feed me. Actually I don't go there. If I'm stuck for something to eat I just buy a couple of pieces of fruit. Quick, relatively cheap, healthy and doesn't make me feel I wish I hadn't eaten that. Nev

• Like 1

It seems to me the burger story was told just to feed prejudice.Kaz

Indeed. Gulliver's Travels had two nations warring over which end to open a boiled egg. Here we have the crispy bacon...and we're supposed to have moved into some sort of 'scientific age'???

In some ways, we are less scientific now than we were. For example, Jefferson was openly skeptical of religion, but that isn't an option these days for a candidate in the US.

I would characterise that as a diminishing tolerance of varied beliefs; especially odd when you consider many of the early European settlers in the US were fleeing just such a lack of tolerance.

And sadly, it's not confined to the US, as demonstrated by our charter pilot whose world is challenged by something as piddling as a change in a hamburger recipe.

• Agree 1

HALAL CERTIFICATION IS A TOTAL SHAM AND CON.

After an Australian Senate Enquiry a couple of months ago found that:

1. Each area was managed by a different Islamic person.

2. That NO CONSISTANT RULES OR STANDARDS WERE INPLACE in Australia were it was up to this "Individual Islamic Person". (WHAT A JOKE)

3. The MONEY received for the so-called approval could not be traced as to its END USE.

4. SO ON AND SO FORTH -

Don't argue with me - write your Member of parliament and ASIC and the FEDS and asked what's going on! and where has the money gone??????.....

• Caution 1

HALAL CERTIFICATION IS A TOTAL SHAM AND CON.After an Australian Senate Enquiry a couple of months ago found that:

1. Each area was managed by a different Islamic person.

2. That NO CONSISTANT RULES OR STANDARDS WERE INPLACE in Australia were it was up to this "Individual Islamic Person". (WHAT A JOKE)

3. The MONEY received for the so-called approval could not be traced as to its END USE.

4. SO ON AND SO FORTH -

Don't argue with me - write your Member of parliament and ASIC and the FEDS and asked what's going on! and where has the money gone??????.....

Erm..hello?

Do you have building Inspectors?

Would you say each area was managed by a different Inspector person?

Would you say the Inspection Rules were consistently in place, or more up to the individual Inspector Person (regardless of how funny or not that was)?

Has anyone ever tried tracing the money involved in running building Inspectorates?

And so on and so forth.....

but without the capital letters.

Oh...and does this entitle us to conclude that Building Inspectorates are a total sham?

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

I reckon you guys are being mean to john. He would also reckon that all it takes for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing. In his opinion the change of a fast-food outlet to Islamic culture is a bad thing, and by complaining here he has tried to do at least a small thing about it. And yes its a small infringement for him, and as Nev correctly says he would be better off without the hamburger anyway.

But...there is a swimming-pool in Adelaide which bans men from swimming on one day of the week so that Islamic women can use it on that day. I guess that's a small infringement too.

Once I asked a mate who worked in the middle-east about the gliding conditions there... he said there were often great, but he couldn't imagine gliding being allowed in any country over there. He said that you could never get permission from the sheiks and the ayatollas. I wonder how their rec aviation gets on.

So where if anywhere would you guys draw the line? At the swimming pool? At gliding being banned? At immodest women stoned?

AND I'm not racist ... I'm anti-religion.

• Agree 3
  • Caution 1

I'm pretty much with you. So how do we regard Phillips arrival here and the use the British made of this place, (which was a penal colony for Felons)? without consulting the people who were here, and continue to desecrate the whole continent (in their view) Their attachment to the land is essential to their existence spiritually. That's pretty much beyond doubt. AS bad as a religion inspired forced change of culture .Nev

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Nev, you should read the story of Hermannsburg mission near Alice Springs. How true-believing Lutherans from Germany sacrificed their lives and only succeeded in getting the local natives to add another few spirits to their collection. They left as broken people.

How would a desert aborigine relate to stories like the prodigal son? They had no concept of property. Gosh they never even learned to wash their faces when this could have stopped them going blind from trachoma. Washing your face is an impossible ask for a desert-dweller.

Well did the missionaries do any good? Yes I think they stopped the aborigines getting killed by squatters.

• Informative 1
  • Caution 1

Hi Bruce. If I have been mean to John it is because he started a thread with what is (I'm sorry) a risible story about some guy not happy with the bacon in his burger who then manages to extrapolate this to some weird conclusion about the impact of this on his life and his country. With racial and religious overtones. And capital letter shouting.

You characterise his experience as an infringement. Interesting choice of words, that: easily deployed when something doesn't suit us, not so readily deployed when something about us doesn't suit others? And it seems to me to suggest the idea that things as they are mustn't be allowed to change.

Which I think is part of the real problem here: difficulty with, and fear of, change.

You ask also where the line should be drawn. I think before drawing lines we should be looking at what it is we thinks those lines should do. And why.

• Winner 1