For those who love or hate Dick (Smith)

Cosmick

Thought I would waste $20 and went into Dick Smith purchased a $20 gift voucher then went to another store and they would not redeem it.

Dodgy buggers are still selling the cards bit not reedeeming them...

Managed to get my $20 back when I confronted the other store and showed him the notice.

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exchange your Dick Smith Gift Card for a WISH Gift Card

Customers who have purchased Dick Smith gift cards from Woolworths Supermarkets or BIG W stores can exchange the unredeemed value on their cards for Woolworths WISH gift cards which can be used at participating stores across the Woolworths group, including all Woolworths Supermarkets, and BIG W, Thomas Dux, Dan Murphy’s, BWS, Masters and participating Caltex Woolworths stores.

Unredeemed Dick Smith gift cards bought at Woolworths Supermarkets and BIG W can be exchanged, by filling out the redemption form below until 7 March 2016.

To access the form simply click here and save and print the file.

Once completed send the form and physical Dick Smith Gift Cards to:

Woolworths Limited.

Gift Card Team

PO Box 8000

BAULKHAM HILLS

NSW 2153

View FAQs

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Having the owner in the advertising is every advertising agency's nightmare, it really is. It marketing idea from the 50s and 60s.

Oh, I dunno mate,. . . .When I lived in Mellbourne in 1972, I thought that "Franco Cozzo" Furniture stores, and his radio ads were brilliant and funny, he couldn't speak much English, but his line at the end of each ad :. . . . "Franco Cozzo - ina Norda Melbon ana Fuddiscray. . ." Priceless,. . . 3XY radio DJ Rick Melbourne even wrote a song about him. . .I don't think this did Franco's business any harm ! ! ! ! ( Might have terrified the ad agency guys though )

• Agree 2

Oh, I dunno mate,. . . .When I lived in Mellbourne in 1972, I thought that "Franco Cozzo" Furniture stores, and his radio ads were brilliant and funny, he couldn't speak much English, but his line at the end of each ad :. . . . "Franco Cozzo - ina Norda Melbon ana Fuddiscray. . ." Priceless,. . . 3XY radio DJ Rick Melbourne even wrote a song about him. . .I don't think this did Franco's business any harm ! ! ! ! ( Might have terrified the ad agency guys though )

Yup, what did Franko Cozzo say when he spilt paint on his shoe?

My foot dis grey!

Even Bert Newton did that line dressed as Cozzo on the Don Lane Show.

OK, that's enough of this weeks "Dick Smith bashing"

I'd be more worried about the sale of 2.5 percent of our remaining agricultural land being sold in one hit to the Chinese. The massive Kidman holding is about to fall into foreign hands. I bet there are a few bush strips in the 24000 square kilometres that we will be denied access to in the future.

As for growing FT's precious beetroot, we won't have the land.

I'd be more worried about the sale of 2.5 percent of our remaining agricultural land being sold in one hit to the Chinese. The massive Kidman holding is about to fall into foreign hands. I bet there are a few bush strips in the 24000 square kilometres that we will be denied access to in the future.

As for growing FT's precious beetroot, we won't have the land.

I for one, welcome our new Chinese overlords, the certainly make a good, mobile phone, TV, computer, kitchen appliances, dishwasher, washing machine, DVD player, fans, lawn mowers, etc. etc.

we could learn a lot from such an industrious nation

I for one, welcome our new Chinese overlords, the certainly make a good, mobile phone, TV, computer, kitchen appliances, dishwasher, washing machine, DVD player, fans, lawn mowers, etc. etc.we could learn a lot from such an industrious nation

Read my lips - it rhymes with merchant banker !

I bet there are a few bush strips in the 24000 square kilometres that we will be denied access to in the future.

The largest purchases "of Australia" are Singaporians actually, never hear them mentioned anywhere. I was down the docks the other day, saw 2 Australian farms being unloaded, it's a lot of soil I tell yas - I'm sure that's what some people actually think happens.

Now lets see, Australian Farm going broke as usual holds onto his land, in debt, Aus Gov gives him handouts not much returns or employment etc.

Foreign owner invests money, employs Australians, new machinery, transport companies, local town's economy, supermarket prices cheaper ...

Yeah I can see why you're afraid of these things. Not.

I bet there are a few bush strips in the 24000 square kilometres that we will be denied access to in the future.

Actually knowing Chinese a whole lot better than you do and having for many years sought out land for recreational vehicle use from Australian Farmers, I would call absolute B/S on that.

If the situation does happen, and more likely the refusal from the Australian on-site managers, I will be delighted to offer you my services at this end to make inquiries.

The largest purchases "of Australia" are Singaporians actually, never hear them mentioned anywhere. I was down the docks the other day, saw 2 Australian farms being unloaded, it's a lot of soil I tell yas - I'm sure that's what some people actually think happens.Now lets see, Australian Farm going broke as usual holds onto his land, in debt, Aus Gov gives him handouts not much returns or employment etc.

Foreign owner invests money, employs Australians, new machinery, transport companies, local town's economy, supermarket prices cheaper ...

Yeah I can see why you're afraid of these things. Not.

Actually knowing Chinese a whole lot better than you do and having for many years sought out land for recreational vehicle use from Australian Farmers, I would call absolute B/S on that.

If the situation does happen, and more likely the refusal from the Australian on-site managers, I will be delighted to offer you my services at this end to make inquiries.[/quote

"The largest purchase of Australia is Singaporians". Where did you dredge that little gem up from ? Any facts to support it ?

I gather you keep a foot in both camps just in case the rats have to desert a sinking ship.

By the way, what has recreational vehicle use got to do with foreign ownership.

And if you know as much about me as you think you would know that I married a Chinese national

When it comes to opinionated B/S you are up there with the best of them

"The largest purchase of Australia is Singaporians". Where did you dredge that little gem up from ? Any facts to support it ?

Aus Gov official figures, go find them yourself like I did. Mind you the report has big words and complicated graph thingies, maybe this is a bit simpler for you ...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/property/singapore-investors-58bn-spree-focuses-on-australian-real-estate/news-story/ffb8fdad39b7e11017e378ad6afff925?nk=728eafa08927c789c9a7f58b53ea6a14-1453638049

Malaysia is number 2, also in front of China, go find it yourself. And China would be 4th behind Korea if you separate HK, Macao and Taiwan into individual entities.

By the way, what has recreational vehicle use got to do with foreign ownership.

To quote you; "I bet there are a few bush strips in the 24000 square kilometres that we will be denied access to in the future."

- is your memory that short.

• Like 1

There is a move towards exporting product direct out of Australia, no profit, no taxes, very little employment or flow on effects. People and machinery etc are imported too. our tax laws allow this.

Its a change from owning the ag operation to make money - which few can complain about, to owning it to produce resources or products to use in home countries. Regularly there is state based interests involved.

Might seem a small difference but has significant changes in operation and culture of the industries involved

• Agree 3

Australian beef feedlots owned by international companies have been selling product to overseas parent companies for little more than cost of production for more than thirty years. Profit is made in the parent country. There is nothing much new happening here.

Over the years I have seen ag sold to corporations and they just don't do well. They made no money or lose money then sell. Might take a decade or so but corporations are just not successful in ag. So bring in the investment money.

They just don't cope well earning 1-2% on investment capital. They are only in it for the capital gain. When the property market goes flat they get out into something profitable

I see ONLY corperate owners making money in farming. Some are family corperates but bottom line without capital an investment only the banks win.

Feedlots are a littl different, firstly they buy and sell, someone is producing for them both cattle and grain, making profit and taxes etcetc. If the final stage is a nil result not too bad

We are seeing more integrate from ground upwards.

A tax free and nil debt farm in Australia will do very nicely, well above the odds for anyother investment.

• Agree 1

Have you ever owned a farm? You get to know a lot of other farmers too and I reckon they are the biggest gamblers on the planet. Make dough when the place is subdivided. Farmers all over the world live poorly. Pays =Country.. Paysant = peasant and are there rich peasants? Everyone screws them. The banks the fertiliser and insecticide people and then the LARGE corporations that can buy their stuff for below cost and get away with it, because they are so big.Nev

Me? Yes, 30 + years, consult to them still for living

Whts you have indicated is why only large enterprises can survive. Because far less people can screw them. Need backing to survive tougher times. Used to be banks would fill that role, no longer.

Size is king, Throw in some good mangement and descision skills and they can do very well

Investers see Ag as part of their high risk section of their portfolio backed by a lot of boring but safe things too. Small farmers dont appreciate that is their whole portfolio and suffer because of it.

Think well beyond the grazier in remote areas, agricultures a bit more diverse than that

yes i was not specific enough. i was talking about extensive grazing operations re the chinese buying kidmans and other big properties. they dont last more than a decade usually and they dont make much return on their capital if any but they do bring in investment capital to australia. and do essential development work. bloody marvellous if our homegrown family farming businesses can keep land australian owned but just not possible all of the time.

• Agree 1