Aviation Advertiser

ave8rr

Thank you Aviation Advertiser, I must be the only one that has no problems getting on to your site and listings. I regularly browse the site..... all I need to do now is find a plane that I want and can afford, get my act together, and buy it!

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Benjamin

Thank you Nightmare, I appreciate the comment and support. There has never been a better time to buy an aircraft, so keep looking, I am certain that there is something out there for you!

Guest Benjamin

WEBSITE SERVICE UPDATE - Today our team will be running a number of software updates on the server, which we do not anticipate will cause any delays or service outages. These updates are focused on improving the load and search times of the platform. More information will be updated throughout the day..

Guest Benjamin

WEBSITE SERVICE UPDATE - Most of our hardware installations are completed at this time. However, tomorrow (Thursday 20th July 2016) from 7am to 5pm our development team will be performing a host of site uploads. I do not expect these uploads to have any impact on the site. Any issues, please call us on (02) 8215 6292.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops! Here I am joining the ranks of people having trouble getting onto Aviation Advertiser. For some reason it is not displaying the listings for Australian LSAs and Recreational Aircraft. Is there an update going on? And if so, to me this isn't the best time to be doing this. Being a Sunday afternoon, the time most likely that customers would be looking through the listings.

It says "0 listings in Australia"

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at AviationTrader site and then went to Aviation Advertiser - waited about 20 minutes while it was "waiting for ... " and gave up. It might too busy doing a Denial of Service on the Census? 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Not a good look for the business if they are relying on people going on site to buy aircraft.

I just checked Aviation Advertiser - Aircraft Classifieds - Australia and it came up straight away.....

ditto

also checked it just after the previous reported problem.

unfortunately it's not always obvious where the actual problem/issue is when people report problems with accessing a website. It's a pretty long chain of 'single points of failure' between a web browser and a web site. add into the equation a desire to return to an RAA (or a takeover by rec aviation) based web advertising solution and things can appear dire.

Suppose it dampens the enthusiasm when you can't snap up that aviation bargain within hours (or days, weeks ..... ) of it being advertised. sigh

DB conection down

Error occurred

We are sorry, but an unexpected error occurred and the system could not continue serving you. Please contact the webmaster at this site [email protected] and report the problem, along with the error message printed below. Please include any other information which may be useful to the webmaster.

For webmaster: This error with far more details has been logged in PHP Classifieds's error log

I would love to know who initiated the move of the "Members Market"

Should be back under control of RAAus on our own seb site.

I had another look at the RAA Resolutions (RAA members portal, Governance, The Board, Resolutions pdf), and it appears it happened at the Oct 2014 meeting where Mark Christie proposed a 6 point motion (page 12-13) regarding the Magazine (the members market was not specifically mentioned), but the CEO was authorised "to do all things necessary ... to renegotiate the contract ... in the most favourable terms to RAA and members". Not sure if this was the CEO's or the Publisher's doing (going to an external trader).

Only the resolutions are reported, not the discussion leading up to them or the outcome. A lot of the resolutions are just accepting this Report, passing next year's budget etc. What I find interesting is who voted for what (and the names who never bothered to contribute; over and over again...) Interesting to note Rod B, moved the motion to elect Directors to RAA Ltd. seconded by Eugine R.

• Informative 3

Some one needs a rear end kicked - me thinks!!!

Got this now THURSDAY 18TH 8.14PM

DB conection down

Error occurred

We are sorry, but an unexpected error occurred and the system could not continue serving you. Please contact the webmaster at this site [email protected] and report the problem, along with the error message printed below. Please include any other information which may be useful to the webmaster.

For webmaster: This error with far more details has been logged in PHP Classifieds's error log

• Helpful 1