Aviation Advertiser

ave8rr

I have been trying to contact Aviation Advertiser today on both published numbers with no success.

I still think it was a bad move on the part of RAAus to outsource the "Members Market".

I am sure the "Members Market" would of run pretty well on the new web site with minimal staff input.

• Like 1
  • Agree 10
  • Winner 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been trying to contact Aviation Advertiser today on both published numbers with no success.I still think it was a bad move on the part of RAAus to outsource the "Members Market".

I am sure the "Members Market" would of run pretty well on the new web site with minimal staff input.

I have all sorts of trouble navigating their website. After looking at an aircrafts details I can never go back a screen, for some reason have to close the site and start from scratch.

Another whinge is when trying to pay for just one months listing they sign you up to a rolling renewal that requires further emails or calls to cancel.

I'm not a fan.

• Agree 2

I went there to try and place a ad for a share in in our tecnam. Gave up trying the whole site seemed counter intuitive. Their rates were burried deep and i felt that the site was not being upfront with prospective customers. ( a bit like dealing with a telco)

So i walked... Agree with the comments on RAAUS OUT SOURCING THIS SERVICE The marketplace is a barometer of the health of our sector, and RAAUS should run a web based members market as a service to its fee paying members and it will know if the sport is growing or shrinking just by monitoring prices and time taken to sell a AC .

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

I went there to try and place a ad for a share in in our tecnam. Gave up trying the whole site seemed counter intuitive. Their rates were burried deep and i felt that the site was not being upfront with prospective customers. ( a bit like dealing with a telco)

Except that this has not been outsourced to the Subcontinent or the Philippines.

• 2 weeks later...
If any of you are experiencing issues, please make contact. More than happy to help.

. So I noticed yesterday. My mates old plane advert has been re advertised ? He sold it 2 months ago and he has passed away since? What do we have to do to stop payment and advert for this ? Thank you image.jpg.ef80321e921fe5bf2070d18825d2748f.jpg

Guest Benjamin
. So I noticed yesterday. My mates old plane advert has been re advertised ? He sold it 2 months ago and he has passed away since? What do we have to do to stop payment and advert for this ? Thank you[ATTACH=full]41878[/ATTACH]

Very sad news. The listing in question was pre-paid for a three month period and expired on the 7th March 2016. Thank you for letting us know of his passing.

Very sad news. The listing in question was pre-paid for a three month period and expired on the 7th March 2016. Thank you for letting us know of his passing.

Thank you that will be a relief for his wife not having to deal with it :). Cheers

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Aviation Advertiser Website down again.....

Why can't RAAus offer this service to members on the new RAAus website?

The fee would help offset the income decline and could be totally automated.

Guest Benjamin

AVE8RR you don't miss a beat do you - how much time are you spending online!

Over this past 4 weeks, Aviation Advertiser has been deploying a number of server security upgrades and performance improvements, which today took 39 minutes to install and complete. It required the reset of the live server, so yes... there was a brief period offline! Our apologies if these updates have caused any concern or inconvenience.

AVE8RR are you advertising something with us at this time?

We have an aircraft we're selling. Today I clicked on the link in the Aviation Advertiser email I received 14th July for "light sport & recreational" and it took from 2:26:10 to 38:15 before the blank screen started to draw anything (waiting for www.aviationadvertiser.com.au) and finally got pictures at 51:15 - that's 25 minutes 5 seconds. I clicked on an aircraft listing at 2:53:10 and it finally came up at 3:05:45 - nearly 13 minutes later. That's 38 minutes to look at one aircraft listing. It has improved, as I have not been able to get that far before. Why is it SO SLOW when this site (www.recreationflying.com) can appear in under one second? Also "the latest RAA magazine" is May 2016 - it just looks like there's no one manning the shop.

Aviation Trader was up in 2 seconds and I was looking at a listing 3 seconds after that (two clicks). I have not been on that site for some months (we get the paper version) so it isn't cookies/caching. Aviation Advertiser (from my perspective) is too slow - if I was a buyer I would have given up on it and gone elsewhere - as a seller, I did and now have 2 enquiries. I don't have an axe to grind here. My experience will be different to others, and I acknowledge that I have a slow ADSL connection.

AVE8RR you don't miss a beat do you - how much time are you spending online! Over this past 4 weeks, Aviation Advertiser has been deploying a number of server security upgrades and performance improvements, which today took 39 minutes to install and complete. It required the reset of the live server, so yes... there was a brief period offline! Our apologies if these updates have caused any concern or inconvenience.

AVE8RR are you advertising something with us at this time?

Have just checked site again at 1557 EST and server "stops responding" message.

Nothing advertised at the moment.

• Like 1

Still down for me a moment ago...I can't recall ever having this problem with AvTrader or the RAAus or SAAA classifieds. And I'm actually shopping too...

DB conection downError occurred

We are sorry, but an unexpected error occurred and the system could not continue serving you. Please contact the webmaster at this site [email protected] and report the problem, along with the error message printed below. Please include any other information which may be useful to the webmaster.

• Agree 1

Guest Benjamin

Aviation Advertiser site will be down for a further 30 minutes this afternoon for further hardware changeovers. As discussed in my previous post, we are in the process of deploying a number of hardware and software updates to the servers to help speed things up! Our team are working hard to ensure you all have a faster, more responsive digital advertising environment. Unfortunately some of the upgrades have required the service to be offline for 30-40 minute periods. We get that no one wants to see the service offline and rest assured we are working hard to get all of the upgrade work completed ASAP.

I will post further updates as they come available.

BEN MORGAN, Aviation Advertiser - Australia

Mobile: 0415 577 724

Guest Benjamin

Fly_tornado, our server bank is located in Dallas TX and the hardware upgrades take place there. With regard to your comment, the reason we are undertaking hardware installations is to transfer the live server to new high-performance servers, this then enables the legacy servers to be converted to production development platforms for this very purpose.

So yes, this is what is happening.

Guest Benjamin

I completely appreciate and understand that everyone wants access to Aviation Advertiser - 24/7. I also appreciate and understand when the site is down it gets people annoyed as they are trying to look for something or advertise something... I and my team understand this and we do not enjoy taking the services down for essential upgrades.

Our telephone number is (02) 8215 6292, my mobile number is 0415 577 724 and my email address is: [email protected] - why not call or email me. Speak to me, let me know if you are having issues or problems and allow me to diagnose and understand what is the cause - SO WE CAN FIX IT...

I am a very reasonable human and I do care and want to ensure that you all have a great online experience.

Guest Benjamin

Our site services are running at this time. Our team will be continuing to run a range of updates, however, these should not affect the operation of the site. If anyone does experience an issue or problem, please CALL ME - 0415 577 724 or email me: [email protected]