Aviation Advertiser

ave8rr

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Aviation Advertiser, I must be the only one that has no problems getting on to your site and listings. I regularly browse the site..... all I need to do now is find a plane that I want and can afford, get my act together, and buy it!

Thank you Nightmare, I appreciate the comment and support. There has never been a better time to buy an aircraft, so keep looking, I am certain that there is something out there for you!

Wow! The moment I posted the above message, I started having problems nearly every time I tried to go to the site. I don't know what you are doing or not doing, but something is not right with the Aviation Advertiser website, and this has to adversely affect the market. I would suggest that you find and fix this issue as soon as you can before you get glitched out of business. People will start taking their business elsewhere, if this technical problem remains unresolved for too long.Tony

• Agree 1

Guest Benjamin

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON AVIATION ADVERTISER SERVICES

After a two month escapade in upgrading technology and code we have finally identified the malicious skullduggery which has been causing outages on the Aviation Advertiser network. I use the phrase 'skullduggery' because, that's exactly what has been going on.

The issue has been directly related to a malicious attack on the site by an external party, who we can only assume have been intent on causing as much disruption and disturbance to the Aviation Advertiser operations as possible.

The development team have now secured the online services, however, we will be continuing to monitor and will report any further malicious attacks should they occur.

Obviously this has been a frustrating experience for all involved, however, I do ask that our users not throw us under the bus!

Our team do care about the business and the service we provide and find it just as frustrating, as you have have, that our business has been subjected to this kind of malicious and petty attack.

If anyone would like to speak with me in person regarding this, please do not hesitate contacting me on (02) 8215 6292 or 0415 577 724.

Please note that work has commenced through a 3rd party developer as of yesterday to incorporate the Recreational Flying Classifieds as a complete new site under Clear Prop. Our own Clear Prop pilot supplies store will be integrated with the Classifieds site as well. You can see at the moment there is just a side block on the Clear Prop home page showing a list and links to the latest Classifieds in Recreational Flying. Soon there will be scrolling banner images of Classifieds and a complete Classifieds component to Clear Prop with Recreational Flying user logins integrated between the two sites.

It is on track as requested by many users here to build Clear Prop into a complete aviation classifieds resource for both private and commercial advertisements along with our own Clear Prop pilot supplies store. It will also have forums for new product discussions, aviation technology releases and updates, use of our own Credit Card processing for advertisers and much more. Just like here it will be FREE for private advertisers, featured classifieds will be $10 per month (FREE for Recreational Flying First Class Members).

As been discussed here sport pilot market

Incidentally, if you go to www.aircraftpilots.net you will see a development area of the forums for Clear Prop

• Like 1

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON AVIATION ADVERTISER SERVICESAfter a two month escapade in upgrading technology and code we have finally identified the malicious skullduggery which has been causing outages on the Aviation Advertiser network. I use the phrase 'skullduggery' because, that's exactly what has been going on.

The issue has been directly related to a malicious attack on the site by an external party, who we can only assume have been intent on causing as much disruption and disturbance to the Aviation Advertiser operations as possible.

The development team have now secured the online services, however, we will be continuing to monitor and will report any further malicious attacks should they occur.

Obviously this has been a frustrating experience for all involved, however, I do ask that our users not throw us under the bus!

Our team do care about the business and the service we provide and find it just as frustrating, as you have have, that our business has been subjected to this kind of malicious and petty attack.

If anyone would like to speak with me in person regarding this, please do not hesitate contacting me on (02) 8215 6292 or 0415 577 724.

Sounds like an excuse just like the census, they said it was hack then it wasn't then it was. Just saying it sounds like your server team have limited skills in this area because it doesent take months and months to see you are being hacked and there are backdoors in your site. Just saying.....

I could nearly feel confident in using my life savings to place a bet on Ian's new site taking over your customers, not 100% confident but close. Because look at Ian's site, it has a bigger server load than yours and I haven't seen it down once!

• Agree 1

Oh, I should have also mentioned that Clear Prop will not only have the Classifieds, the current Clear Prop Pilot and Aircraft Supplies and Forums, but also its own similar components as Recreational Flying. For example the FREE Resources to download, its own Photo and Video Library, New Product RSS feeds as News, Aviation Product Sourcing Service etc. Basically it will be a complete site for everything to do with anything you may need in Aviation, recreational, ppl and commercial.

The 3rd party developer is developing the user and site integration files needed to merge Clear Prop with the other components and the Recreational Flying user base.

• Like 1

Because look at Ian's site, it has a bigger server load than yours and I haven't seen it down once!

Robbo, we have our very own dedicated server that is extremely over spec'd to maintain a minimal loading to cover us for any undesirable actions, plus it has a higher level of security in place than most other servers, plus it is located right here in Australia making it extremely quick unlike others that host in the US, plus I seem to know what I am doing having been in this industry since year dot...it's a pity RAAus didn't see that for its members, but I digress...

• Agree 1

Brilliant.....

Your server management skills are going to cost you business Benjamin.

Pity the RAA can't throw the advertising your way Ian?

Should start a petition for them to ditch aviation advertisor as there provider and use Rec Flying instead, at least we know your server can handle it !

Just seems there is a lot of frustrations and reliability failures with aviation advertiser and Rec Flying doesent have any of these and if a problem pops up (rarely happens) you are your quick to fix it not to mention adding new features to the site.

Aviation Advertiser seem to lack the skills to maintain servers let alone code websites, in my younger days I ran a small ISP, web design and hosting business on the sidelines from my aviation job (paid for aviation and avionics study) so I know it is not that hard if you know what your doing.

To this day I still manage a few servers that incorporate a lot of data, telemetry and radio communications networks.

• Like 1

Guest Benjamin

Can someone please clarify for me? Is this forum or thread about Aviation Advertiser and site issues? Or is it a thread to simply bad mouth and slag-off the Aviation Advertiser business so as to promote the Recreational Flying website and its classifieds alternative?

From what has transpired on this thread, I can see nothing other than a selective group of persons who seem to relish in the opportunity to take cheap low blows at the Aviation Advertiser business, whilst talking up their preferred alternative and espousing the errors of RAAus in their decision to appoint Aviation Advertiser.

With regard to the attacks that the Aviation Advertiser site has endured, you're right. The issues are not a big deal and are not overly difficult to resolve. That said, someone for what ever reason that seems to have motivated them has sought to cause trouble and disrupt our services and have played havoc for the past two months.

I would be a fool to think that the attacks and their motivations are not linked to what is transpiring on this thread, because we have been in business since 2008 and have never had these issues until RAAus appointed us.

I would also like to be clear. Whenever there has been issues raised on this website, I have responded out of courtesy to ensure that users are aware of the problems and actions being undertaken to resolve them. I have always given my name and my telephone number. I have continually invited anyone who has experienced a problem to contact our offices and to speak with me - yet no calls from these seriously concerned users.

So how odd is it that shortly after responding to the issues raised on this site, my Aviation Advertiser username is removed and I am asked to pay $100 per month to the www.recreationalflying.com site owners to continue posting?

Seriously guys, is this entirely appropriate behavior?

Or is it a thread to simply bad mouth and slag-off the Aviation Advertiser business

What are people supposed to think?

People complain about Telstra and any other mobile carrier on a daily basis to due to constant problems.

Your service is simply unreliable and you proved that with your website dying all the time. It is not as if I am making it up you even admitted yourself.

There is no slagging against aviation advertiser, I am simply stating the facts that your service is to unreliable to use.

You say your fixed the problems, lets just wait and see.

• Agree 2

So how odd is it that shortly after responding to the issues raised on this site, my Aviation Advertiser username is removed and I am asked to pay $100 per month to the www.recreationalflying.com site owners to continue posting?

Seriously guys, is this entirely appropriate behavior?

Ummm how do you come to that conclusion?

Read the terms, your a commercial business and are required to pay a fee to advertise your business just like every other commercial advertiser on the site.

You joined up with your business username to advertise your business, if you read the terms you will see you have broken the agreement of signing up.

I would never use your site as it is just to unreliable.

READ THE TERMS NEXT TIME

No commercial advertising is allowed unless with prior arrangement

It's Ians site and he can do watever he want's just like you and your site.

• Agree 1

Then there are others who have concerns about the demise of what were once our member services in our former member driven monopoly licencing organisation, being given away to companies who for what ever reason deliver a service which is only a shadow of what was given away on our behalf.

• Winner 1

I'm not here to badmouth anyone. I only raised my concerns as the problems were happening, to make you aware, so you could fix the problem/s. These problems were likely to cause bad business to Aviation Advertiser, which in turn would put adversely affect purchasers and potential purchasers, like myself, and sellers. That is not good for anyone. I for one have no agenda in the matter, and wish you all the best. I just want to eventually buy that plane, from where? I don't really care. But the more places I can look, the better it is for everyone I think. And there are not that many places to look, so if AA closed down that would be a horrible loss to recreational aviation.

With the exception of a deliberate attack by a competitor for their own financial gain, badmouthing only comes from dissatisfied clients. So if you satisfy them with a consistently good product, in this case a stable, secure and attractive website, the badmouthing will stop and your business will improve.

I heard it said recently from someone in the industry a long time, that it was common to see 16 pages of classifieds. Are you scaring them off with an unreliable site? You say you fixed the problem, that's great. Time to earn back the trust you need to do good business.

Benjamin Said: espousing the errors of RAAus in their decision to appoint Aviation Advertiser.

And what an error that was.

Benjamin Said: I would be a fool to think that the attacks and their motivations are not linked to what is transpiring on this thread

Nar your server and website were never up long enough to be hacked.

I have said my piece, back under my rock I go

• Like 1

Guest Benjamin

RANKAMATEUR - I can appreciate your concerns, however, the membership have received enormous value as a result of the partnership between RAAus and Aviation Advertiser - and will continue to do so.

The legacy RAAus classifieds service had just 50-80 recreational classifieds listed at any time, varying month to month with the number of aircraft available.

The legacy cost of advertising to members was $55 per month and since Aviation Advertiser has taken responsibility for these services, we have reduced the cost of advertising from $55 per month to $39 per month - saving members $16 per month.

We provide you all with telephone support staff who are available to help you Monday-Friday. Quite often taking calls as late as 11-12pm at night. Our staff do there level best to help each and every RAAus member, as many of them are not strong with computer skills and require people to help them.

Our site is not just an RAAus membership focus, given that we have 94,000+ users and aircraft advertised of all types. Why is this important? Because its a major advantage to be advertising to the entire marketplace not just your own limited number of members.

Aviation Advertiser is used by 94,000+ users and provides over 3.5 million classifieds views per year. The traffic our site receives is enormous and that is why we have grown year on year since 2008.

NIGHTMARE - We appreciate it when our users contact us and raise concerns, because it gives us the opportunity to respond to them and fix them. We have been doing this since 2008 and take on board a great deal of user feedback and will continue to do so. I would absolutely encourage you to reach out and speak to me on (02) 8215 6292 or 0415 577 724 to discuss any problems you may experience.

ROBBO - There has been no error with RAAus partnering with Aviation Advertiser. The server attacks and subsequent outages have only ever been for a 20-40 minute period over a full 7 day span. meaning that the service uptime has always been in excess of 98%. Our site has never been offline for extended periods and your assertion that it has been is utter rubbish and is entirely false. I have the server logs and the facts.

What is unfortunate here is that you haven't had the opportunity to read the myriad of emails from RAAus members who have SOLD their aircraft through our service and have had entirely complimentary and kind words to say about their experience.

I would invite you to call me and to take some time to meet in person to read them for yourself.

I've experienced the same problems as many others have, the site being down at various times. You say you fixed it, I believe you. Since you said it was fixed, I haven't had any problem accessing the site... well done.

RANKAMATEUR - I can appreciate your concerns, however, the membership have received enormous value as a result of the partnership between RAAus and Aviation Advertiser - and will continue to do so.The legacy RAAus classifieds service had just 50-80 recreational classifieds listed at any time, varying month to month with the number of aircraft available.

The legacy cost of advertising to members was $55 per month and since Aviation Advertiser has taken responsibility for these services, we have reduced the cost of advertising from $55 per month to $39 per month - saving members $16 per month.

We provide you all with telephone support staff who are available to help you Monday-Friday. Quite often taking calls as late as 11-12pm at night. Our staff do there level best to help each and every RAAus member, as many of them are not strong with computer skills and require people to help them.

Our site is not just an RAAus membership focus, given that we have 94,000+ users and aircraft advertised of all types. Why is this important? Because its a major advantage to be advertising to the entire marketplace not just your own limited number of members.

Aviation Advertiser is used by 94,000+ users and provides over 3.5 million classifieds views per year. The traffic our site receives is enormous and that is why we have grown year on year since 2008.

NIGHTMARE - We appreciate it when our users contact us and raise concerns, because it gives us the opportunity to respond to them and fix them. We have been doing this since 2008 and take on board a great deal of user feedback and will continue to do so. I would absolutely encourage you to reach out and speak to me on (02) 8215 6292 or 0415 577 724 to discuss any problems you may experience.

ROBBO - There has been no error with RAAus partnering with Aviation Advertiser. The server attacks and subsequent outages have only ever been for a 20-40 minute period over a full 7 day span. meaning that the service uptime has always been in excess of 98%. Our site has never been offline for extended periods and your assertion that it has been is utter rubbish and is entirely false. I have the server logs and the facts.

What is unfortunate here is that you haven't had the opportunity to read the myriad of emails from RAAus members who have SOLD their aircraft through our service and have had entirely complimentary and kind words to say about their experience.

I would invite you to call me and to take some time to meet in person to read them for yourself.

I already know you Benjamin, I will disagree with everything you said above but I am not going to bother typing it. Lets agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Ian, I have a contact in the tv industry who is willing to produce a tv ad for rec flying and im happy to donate a few had spots later in the year when he is not snowed under with work.

He can also offer voiceovers for some radio spots. Will also look into a few contacts about advertising rec flying at Melbourne and Sydney Airport for free :)

• Like 1

And Recreational Flying is providing Classified listing for FREE...not $55, and not even $39 but completely FREE...Recreational Flying is a non commercial site 100% focused on helping recreational aviators without 1 cent in the back of our minds and we can do that on a dedicated server that has had over the years a not 98%, not 99% not even 99.9999999% up time but 100% up time servicing any way we can for all recreational aviators...NOT trying to make money out of them.

So I ask everyone to please help me to help you by getting the Classifieds site going by listing what you have there and help make it the premium aviation classifieds home in Australia because it won't cost you a cent.

And Benjamin, you tried once before years ago coming on here pushing your commercial interests and were told to stop. Youy have come on here again pushing an income stream for yourself out of the hard work done to provide this resource and balk at donating $100 a month to help the site costs like other decent people do. You are ripping off peoples hard work to line your pocket with money and also doing so from people who fly for fun and not for business...Geeze some people really peeve me off the way they exploit others

• Winner 3

Guest Benjamin

With the above in mind, I am fairly certain we have identified the true nature and motivations of certain people on this forum thread. So thank you.