Pretty desirable jetpack

What we need for a jet pack is something that could suck in the air and then instantly break it into Oxygen and Hydrogen ok.... it then uses the Hydrogen as an unlimited fuel supply and if needed you could use the O2 for high altitude breathing or if not exhaust it out while in the fuel making process....there you go simple...just made myself a millionaire...come on there must be some smart Aussie out there that can do this...by the way if anyone does build my idea you saw it here first and I want some royalties...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

David

in the 70's Joh Bjelke-Peterson gave money to some guy who claimed to have made a device that did that on a car. As proof they showed a nicely idling Ford Fairlane with a box in place of the carb. We were told that nuclear fusion was occurring in the box. If I recall correctly.

with these jetpacks, what happens if there's an engine failure at about 30 feet? Is that why he's hovering over water? to have a fighting chance?

But a zero-zero parachute recovery system is really gonna scorch your bum! You have to live a little on the wild side in the brave new world of jet packs ... after all I don't recall George Jetson having a secondary recovery device 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

The New Zealand one of course has a parachute recovery system - however not sure that they have yet solved the problem of the "death zone" - ie, if the engine fails between zero and 50 fifty feet, required reaction time would be very limited. The fact is that both systems are being trialled over water for that very reason.