Another geriatric beginner

Not only new to flying, but first ever attempt at a forum, so watch out for some serious stuffups! Brainwashed into taildraggers and economical aircraft, but flying to Broken Hill in a Mooney from Dubbo tested the straight and level just a bit, and started a 'need for speed' .... 3 hours (thanks to a headwind) and no toilet break!

• Like 1

Not only new to flying, but first ever attempt at a forum, so watch out for some serious stuffups! Brainwashed into taildraggers and economical aircraft, but flying to Broken Hill in a Mooney from Dubbo tested the straight and level just a bit, and started a 'need for speed' .... 3 hours (thanks to a headwind) and no toilet break!

D2ayo

What constitutes a 'geriatric' beginner in your world? There are a lot of us here who quit growing whiskers before we started RAA flight training. As regards taildraggers... you will be a more fulfilled man for it. Welcome to that part of the old geezer's association. cheers Riley

Welcome = Tail Draggers Rule!!! puts hair on your chest and shows you have real Ball*** sorry gonads, to be bloody PC - compared to these "sissy nose wheel boys" in cross wind.

• Like 1

....... puts hair on your chest and shows you have real Ball*** sorry gonads, to be bloody PC - .

You speak for yourself SSCBD...!!!

Kaz

008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

• Like 1

Hi David

Taildraggers are defo the way to go. And living where you do, your'e just down the road from Narromine - see you at OzKosh there in October? (assuming by then we forumites have evolved a means of mutual recognition). Lots of real aeroplanes there - maybe even mine!

• Like 2

I've been flying right over Terra-whatever every time I go to Narromine

Terra-Firmer?...The greater the Firmer, the greater the Terra??? 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Frank

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Banjo Patterson wrote a poem called "Those Names". It ends with:

Out in the western districts, out on the Castlereagh

Most of the names are easy -- short for a man to say.

`You've heard of Mungrybambone and the Gundabluey pine,

Quobbotha, Girilambone, and Terramungamine,

Quambone, Eunonyhareenyha, Wee Waa, and Buntijo --'

But the rest of the shearers stopped him:

`For the sake of your jaw, go slow,

If you reckon those names are short ones out where such names prevail,

Just try and remember some long ones before you begin the tale.'

And the man from the western district, though never a word he said,

Just winked with his dexter eyelid, and then he retired to bed.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

What a reception! OK, as far as the address, the Geographical Names Board decided that Dubbo was too simple, lets give every second paddock its local name. No new postcode, of course, so when you go to postcode 2830 there is now a mutipage list.

To important matters, I'm trying not to scare the daylights out of Dan Compton in a Legend Cub, not helped by it being a fore-and-aft seating arrangement so he can't see what I have stuffed up until almost too late. I reckon that if you can taxi a taildragger on a sloping grass strip you can taxi anything anywhere.

Dubbo Aero Club is hosting a flying comp June 11, I won't be flying, just a gopher. Definitely heading to Ozkosh again this year, how about I put Nav lights on my top hat so you know who to avoid ...

• Like 1