Raglan accident

There are a couple of strips at Raglan, apart from Ols Station. This looks as if it is the short one with trees and powerlines about 5 km from OS to the East. Too short for me to use happily, but a friend uses it with a Savannah.

Hope the pilot fully recovers.

• Caution 1

ASN report shows it as 19-7555, but this photo shows 24-7555. Unusual for identical aircraft to have identical registration in two categories, isn't it?

magic-gs-700-lsa-version-32.jpg.a160e186b49fdcfdf14f64d8dbdb68c5.jpg

I think it was probably dropped back to 19 rego after the big shakeup on the LSA stuff

Hope not - 19 reg is 51% amateur built by the initial owner, 24 reg is for something coming out of a factory... getting a problem with regn acceptance should not mean it moved to amateur built ... it should at worst mean it gets a reduced MTOW or an E at the front of the regn

• Caution 2

Hope not - 19 reg is 51% amateur built by the initial owner, 24 reg is for something coming out of a factory... getting a problem with regn acceptance should not mean it moved to amateur built ... it should at worst mean it gets a reduced MTOW or an E at the front of the regn

All Ibis were re-registered 19-xxxx when it was found that the factory was not certified. All Ibis were grounded then RAAus reregistered them 19 which as you say is NOT correct. They were in fact factory built. NOT 51% amateur built.

• Winner 1

The Ibis aircraft were registered as a 24 Factory built originally as was the Foxcon Terrier and Morgan Sierra. They were victims of Casa finding that they supposedly didn't comply.

I flew an Ibis at Natfly and considered buying one, I flew a Terrier at Mackay and considered buying one and have flown the Morgan Sierra and would happily own one, they were all very nice aircraft to fly.

• Informative 1

All Ibis were re-registered 19-xxxx when it was found that the factory was not certified. All Ibis were grounded then RAAus reregistered them 19 which as you say is NOT correct. They were in fact factory built. NOT 51% amateur built.

Oh dear ... I am even more saddened by where RAAus has left its members and aircraft owners.

• Agree 1

Probably worth asking what the importers/manufacturers were doing in all of this. RA Aus let some things through that never should have been - question of what to do then, grandfather rights or work out a compromise of sorts. You'll never make everyone happy in this sort of mess.

Yes kasper it is a mess.. Just imagine the mess if they weren't experts?

Not concerning the Ibis issue the freedom of designing and thinking is slowly being removed as well, r.e. the privilege of building and designing.

Regards,

KP

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Yes kasper it is a mess.. Just imagine the mess if they weren't experts?Not concerning the Ibis issue the freedom of designing and thinking is slowly being removed as well, r.e. the privilege of building and designing.

Regards,

KP

Hi Keith I'm back and have returned with vengence.

edited_1463235973515.jpg.14e0bc1b382445fe1fe563c7edfa4269.jpg

Hello Rick-P,

I missed you while your were touring about, wondering where you were.

Now go to and read all the posts, "RAA Election Process".

It is a complete dog's breakfast. Get to and get your mind around it the members are being treated with complete contempt as if members are nothing to be worried about. Looks like there needs to be an Extra Special General Meeting and replace this mob. Kasper is doing a good job and exposing the riff raff.

Regards,

KP