CASA Satisfaction survey

mnewbery

Some of the employee's are ok . It's the policies and ingrained culture that need changing. They know they are on the nose . Until it's embarrassing or affects their individual lobs, they don't care. If you are in the business you just go along with it rather than make waves. Do that and you run the risk of what happens when you tell the boss he isn't much good at his job. Nev

• Agree 2

From the CASA "reaction to survey" report

Targeted competency training for CASA’s workforce will continue to focus on improving our relationship with industry. This will include improved staff knowledge and skills on communicating as a regulator, developing interview skills and good administrative decision making.

Does this mean they don't already teach people to do their jobs - as in regulate, interview and administer?

Well, we need some serious responses by the pollies, as they must respond to what is a resounding fail by #casa and its #colmarbrunton survey. I participated in this and #colmarbrunton were not getting the answers that #casa briefed them they would get. #colmarbrunton survey

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very topical this should come up; I'll give them an E minus, massive fail, for what they've done to radio communications, how the've virtually hidden successive changes fromn pilots, and how they don't seem to even be able to index and explain all the fragmented subject matter of radio communication.

• 4 weeks later...

They just don't realise the staff are probably nice people working their ass off...

It is the ridiculous rules, destruction of any from of commercial viability for small operators and complete disregard for common sense that annoys everyone.

And the poor minnows doing customer service get no say in this

• Agree 2

They just don't realise the staff are probably nice people working their ass off...It is the ridiculous rules, destruction of any from of commercial viability for small operators and complete disregard for common sense that annoys everyone.

Equally applies with the current RAA situation unfortunately

• Haha 2

Nonsense, every last one of the 'poor minnows' are well overpaid and no longer have any concept that they are supposed to be employed as our servants.

I guess making the rules, enforcing the rules and getting pay higher wages and with better conditions will do that... the whole show needs a role reversal. Start by locking their wages at private sector average less 10% and then lock CASA staff numbers to aviation industry employment numbers. No reason it should not remain proportional or be decreasing as technology continually improves their productivity. That's how the real world works.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The more we hear the more the poor performance is evident. The people on the end of the phone are not the problem .They don't make the policies. The ones who do must accept responsibility for it. The new minister, Chester says "he doesn't know much about aviation" that's terrific. But at least he's admitted it and can rectify it. The folio is transport and Infrastructure. A small part of that is AIR matters. Remember we once had a dedicated minister for CIVIL Aviation.. AOPA are off their bum and pushing for change . Join up, input, and be part of the FIX.. Nev

• 5 weeks later...
The saga continues and the new acting CEO of #casa has a serious history, summarised in the article below. The use of a code-of-conduct as a western Australia emeritus professor said does not make something "un-illegal"Criminality and the #casa code of conduct

Correct. Code-of-conduct for the privileged and connected - criminal law for the peasants!

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
Nonsense, every last one of the 'poor minnows' are well overpaid and no longer have any concept that they are supposed to be employed as our servants.I guess making the rules, enforcing the rules and getting pay higher wages and with better conditions will do that... the whole show needs a role reversal. Start by locking their wages at private sector average less 10% and then lock CASA staff numbers to aviation industry employment numbers. No reason it should not remain proportional or be decreasing as technology continually improves their productivity. That's how the real world works.

actually not true... I put in the sternest of complaints recently to CASA and low and behold one of my great mates from schools older brother who I used to get doubled by on motor bike trips through the bush works for them... He calls me up , we spend about 2 hours on the phone and he certainly does have our interest at heart... Whether he can shift the momentum of stupid bureaucracy is another story... As many will know I literally HATE avmed, but I do feel for the staff of this stupid behemoth

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Problem, with a dysfunctional organisation such as #casa, those at the coalface are often just as bad as they lack any coherent support network.

Look at the Coroners report into David Black's accident and the culpability of #casa through a whole range of staffing levels.

PS: The FOI's are on around $150K - Minnows at the coalface??

• 1 month later...

As a LAME CASA were not my favourite people, however to be fair, as a pilot I have been happy in my dealings with them. I had a heart attack three plus years ago and thanks to Avmed I have had my licence back for two and a half of those. Yes it makes life a little bit more expensive with the additional medical requirements but they are helpful when I speak to them and I can't ask for much more!