TV programs that may interest other flyers

planedriver

Hi Guy's Haven't posted in a fair while, but came across motor kite dreaming the other day whilst at work, can't remember the episode I had seen but it was not bad ( Rules wise ) so I thought I would watch few more. after seeing the Disclaimer on the start of the Episode about RAA not endorsing it and watching it, I can understand why. Sure we have all broken some rules every now and then, flown low in non populated areas but to go out and put it on TV especially with Pilots with no experience is ridiculous. RAA should de Register the aircraft involved and ground the Pilots until they come to there senses. Then CASA should investigate. Simply the amount of things they have done wrong is out of this world, I would have been shot if it was me.

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to topic briefly (I couldn't watch Motorkite Dreaming either...dreadfully shocking)...

On Channel 7 Plus Catchup... The Australian Parachuting Nationals.

Very well filmed...goes into an explanation of the categories...shows the competitors and teams and a bit about them in the lead up...and then the excellent aerial photography showing the competitions...some of it in split screen showing both competitors.

Very well done and just the sort of sport I want to see more of on TV.

It would be nice if media covered the World Gliding Championships from Benalla. Perhaps only the ABC will have the money and wisdom to give this some coverage gleam.gif.61a3085bab2441797a6de7bfc35070cb.gif

• Agree 1

I recently started watching a program called "Airplane Repo" on Channel 9GO (93) on Wednesdays at 8.30 - quite amazing. Based in the US (of course), about guys who work for the banks "recovering" planes (and boats) with outstanding repayments by basically stealing them from under the "owner's" nose. Needless to say, the "pre-flight" checks done before they sneak a take-off are quite interesting. A few back episodes are available on 9 Catch Up.

Also noticed a program coming up on Saturday Jan 7th on 7Mate at 7.00 called Guy Martin's Spitfire - looks very interesting too....

• Agree 2

It would be nice if media covered the World Gliding Championships from Benalla. Perhaps only the ABC will have the money and wisdom to give this some coverage gleam.gif.61a3085bab2441797a6de7bfc35070cb.gif

From a commercial broadcasters view it's not exactly "edge of your seat viewing"

• Agree 1

Emailed the producers of The Flying Show. They were not going to, as their contract with Ch31 ended at the end of this month, and it would not have had time to air. However, they have extended 6 months, and if they can be contacted by the organisers of the comp, they would be interested in covering it. The show is produced by Carlos, Ethan and Keiran Balmaceda in their spare time - they also run a consulting engineering business.

Contact here: The Flying Show

• Informative 1

From a commercial broadcasters view it's not exactly "edge of your seat viewing"

Perhaps not as riveting as a 5 day test match ending in a draw 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

I would think it is worthy of a 30 minute doco, or perhaps a 90 second piece on the local news, once or twice during competition...

I'm showing my age here, but in 1987 I assisted with some TV coverage from the BTV6 helicopter at their earlier world championships.

• Winner 1

Perhaps not as riveting as a 5 day test match ending in a draw 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gifI would think it is worthy of a 30 minute doco, or perhaps a 90 second piece on the local news, once or twice during competition...

I'm showing my age here, but in 1987 I assisted with some TV coverage from the BTV6 helicopter at their earlier world championships.

I may have sold you that camera, BTV was a customer of mine

• Like 1

I may have sold you that camera, BTV was a customer of mine

We arranged to have BTV6 there, and share BVU footage with one another - our ground based content for some of their airborne content.

I was with an RMIT media unit producing content for Civil & Aero Engineering, doing research on the long-term usable life of composite wing structures. Our camera was an Ikegami HL79 - top quality when the University bought it in 1980. Pathetic by today's standards:gleam:

Guest Jacques_78

Thanks for sharing Akromaster, will check it out.

After reading this thread I watched the season of motorkite dreaming on SBS catch-up last night. Just kept shaking my head throughout...

Good on them for giving the adventure a go, but plenty of stupid/reckless decisions made throughout the show. I still enjoyed watching it to a degree

Jac

• 2 months later...

"Taking Flight" is an Australian aviation documentary series (filmed at Caloundra Aerodrome) that takes you behind the scenes at an aviation ground school, to see what it takes to learn to fly. See students overcome fears and face disappointment as ordinary people try to fulfill their dream of taking flight.

At present there is a promo and episodes 1 & 2 on YouTube (

) I'm not sure if this is also available on broadcast or pay-tv.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Youtube channels i watch regularly, are Flightchops, Stevo1Kenevo, Backcountrypilots, FlyDigital (based in Melb), Captain Joe, BAA Training, Balleka, Dnhug, Greg Swingle (ohio bush planes), The Cardinal Pilot, and my own just started channel, The City Bush Pilots. and the usual Avweb, EAA, NASA, CASA, that sort of stuff,

many hours of great regular aviation viewing.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two new episodes of The Flying Show are now available on C31 at this link: The Flying Show. Go to the bottom of the episode list for the 2017 shows.

I haven't watched the second one, but in the first one, the host, Carlos, samples some aerobatics in a C152 Aerobat at Peninsula Aero Club Tyabb.

Watched the latest episode of The Flying Show this morning. It features the building of a Pietenpol Air Camper to be fitted with a Holden 202 Red engine and a handmade wooden propeller.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...