Adjustable Seats of Fixed Seats? that is the question :-)

eightyknots

Adjustable Seats or Fixed Seats? that is the question.

I need to build an 'aircraft factory' and after that, in a few months, I wish to order a Savannah S kit.

However, I am at a loss to know whether to ask for the adjustable seat option or the standard fixed seat. There seems to be various schools of thought. I would like the collective wisdom of Savannah owning Forumites to help me so that I can make an appropriate choice.

One negative factor that I have been told about is the adjustable seat option makes the aircraft heavier. Others seem to indicate that the adjustable seat is less comfortable. Others again indicate that the cabin 'cell' is stronger with the adjustable seat option.

I would love to hear from people that have (had) experience with both so that a proper comparison may be made.

Adjustable Seats or Fixed Seats? that is the question.I need to build an 'aircraft factory' and after that, in a few months, I wish to order a Savannah S kit.

However, I am at a loss to know whether to ask for the adjustable seat option or the standard fixed seat. There seems to be various schools of thought. I would like the collective wisdom of Savannah owning Forumites to help me so that I can make an appropriate choice.

One negative factor that I have been told about is the adjustable seat option makes the aircraft heavier. Others seem to indicate that the adjustable seat is less comfortable. Others again indicate that the cabin 'cell' is stronger with the adjustable seat option.

I would love to hear from people that have (had) experience with both so that a proper comparison may be made.

Hi 80. I've flown in a Savannah S a few times with the standard seat. Its comfortable. I recommend doing a flight in an 'S' and guage the comfort for youself. Then you will have a base line for deciding about the need for an adjustable type seat. Cheers and happy deciding. Mike

I need to build an 'aircraft factory' and after that, I wish to order a Savannah S kit.However, I am at a loss to know whether to ask for the adjustable seat option or the standard fixed seat. There seems to be various schools of thought. I would like the collective wisdom of Savannah owning Forumites to help me so that I can make an appropriate choice.

One negative factor that I have been told about is the variable seat option makes the aircraft heavier. Others seem to indicate that the adjustable seat is less comfortable.

Hi,

I have the adjustable seat as I am vertically challenged, so I have it forward, while my passengers usually have theirs back.

I have a cushion too, so I find the comfort level fine. The flap lever is between my legs, and I have the central control column.

The empty weight is around 310kg, but as I weigh only 60kg even with a full 140 litres of fuel (100kg) and 10kg baggage the TOW is 480kg. Could still have a passenger of 100kg and be below 600kg....

HTH,

Neil

As a short **** I ordered the ajustable seat for the pilots side only, that way I get the best of both worlds :)

Sacre Bleu!

• Haha 1

Just noticed it automatically censored my post!

..which leaves us wondering which part of your anatomy, which has four asterisks, is short?

hmmmmmm.....????

• Haha 2

..which leaves us wondering which part of your anatomy, which has four asterisks, is short?hmmmmmm.....????

Toe

Finger

Arm

Leg

Nose

Ear

Neck

Hmm no censors there..........

Not many options left

It's amazing how quickly the tone lowers ;)

...and the topic wanders.

So, where were we?

With regard to Savannah seats, I have spent some time in Fallowdear's VG passenger seat, which was comfortable enough.

My own build is not up to the seat stage, so I can have no opinion on the adjustable seats.

I am medium height and build.

The front bulkhead of the adjustable seat is much lower and flatter, having only a rise in the middle to accommodate the stick. I can't see how you could have one adjustable seat and one standard one.

The bucket uses some of the available height, But more significant for some fat arses or their fat arsed pax, they are quite narrow bum buckets too.

Right, well, that's succinctly put, Steve.

But far more informative than anything I heard previously.

Rmorton, maybe measure the width of your asterisks???

The front bulkhead of the adjustable seat is much lower and flatter, having only a rise in the middle to accommodate the stick. I can't see how you could have one adjustable seat and one standard one.The bucket uses some of the available height, But more significant for some fat arses or their fat arsed pax, they are quite narrow bum buckets too.

Thats a very good point, I am no where near that stage yet, but I am already aware that there are probably two conflicting sets of instructions and the mix of one adjustable and one fixed may need some fettling! It was ICP that suggested the compromise. I can't see yet if there are any significant differences in comfort between the two, but I already plan to make new seat cushions.

The front bulkhead of the adjustable seat is much lower and flatter, having only a rise in the middle to accommodate the stick. I can't see how you could have one adjustable seat and one standard one.The bucket uses some of the available height, But more significant for some fat arses or their fat arsed pax, they are quite narrow bum buckets too.

Narrow bucket seats and cheeky bums are a recipe for disaster causing air sickness, sort of like squeezing the toothpaste from the bottom. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif.

Now who's got a vivid imagination?. 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif.

Alan.