Recreational Aviation Australia, Member Survey!

farri

Our structure is not member based so the why do we need to share our planning to all and sundry out in the free market world?

KP.

Hello Keith, you make a good point there, and with it you've illustrated a key difference between the structure and operational philosophies of RAAUS and the ELAAA.

• Agree 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you gandalph, yes the structure is very different.

The other point by being a company with clients, there is inference that we are going to make a lot of money, answer is no. My aim is let it be affordable flying.

I can not see where the big profits are coming from, some one has a BIG crystal ball.

The other point I have to make - In aviation the only way to make a small fortune is start with a big fortune.

KP

I'm always a bit skeptical about an organisation carrying out a survey into itself.

I didn't think it was a survey into itself, it was a survey asking the members what they thought. Most businesses survey their members / clients and potential customers. I get a lot of surveys from 20 minute ones to one question from companies - that's how they know if they are offering what people want.

Some companies and public service, have internal staff surveys written into their management, some do them for crisis management - eg market share dropping, large staff turn-over. Usually in companies too big for one person to be able to see all the sections and know all the customers. RAA is getting a bit too big for the Board to know what 10,000 people are thinking. RAA doesn't have a forum like this one (thank you Ian), but if they did, they might have a better idea of the current issues facing the membership.

• Like 1

RAAus and E&LAAA are not so different now that the RAAus has become a company with directors. Maybe those who see a difference have not woken up to the current situation with RAAus where we do not have to be consulted or even considered. If E&LAAA does get up it will be good for us in that it will give us an alternative to RAAus and therefore we may become more important to that company.

I have spoken to directors of both companies and I have more faith in those of E&LAAA than the current crop of RAAus, although that may be because I know fewer of the RAAus people.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

RAA is getting a bit too big for the Board to know what 10,000 people are thinking

Even more so with the 7 (remember proposed as 5) board with NO regional input - It will get worse before the inevitable change happens again, hopefully sooner rather then later.

• Agree 2

If you treat RAA as just another govt department ( such as your car licencing dept) they are easier to deal with.

Pay your money and go fly.

If you treat them as a membership orientated association, it is easy to become a bitter and tortured soul......

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

It is easy to get like that but we need assurance of some continuity and predictably. Building buying a plane is not an easy or light hearted decision for most people. CASA's unpredictability has caused a lot of damage to aviation (other than Airlines) and so has the kerfuffle with the RAAus as to it's final form. People give up and go somewhere else unless they're really desperately "hooked" on Aviation. I'd really LOVE to be in a country where it was going nicely. Quite a few years back now I thought here was such a place. Nev

• Agree 1

that's the bloody problem in a nut shell members just took it for granted that just fly and don't look into your a member organization 800 hundred bloody votes and you are getting jack sheeeeet out of 9000 members

yes I do have an axe to grind with raa ask raa why I don't trust them see what they say blaming casa is a cop out as I do have a letter that states raa are the ones to deal with my situation and they raa failed neil

• Winner 1

I did the RAA survey. Unfortunately it wouldn't allow Mr FV to do his on our laptop, because it will only allow one response.

You can complete the survey on your laptop via the RAA Survey email link, as well as through this post ... I have just tried it and it let me complete it twice!

To begin survey click here