Recreational Aviation Australia, Member Survey!

farri

Member Survey 19 April 2017

RAAus is about to embark on reviewing our strategic plan and our Board want to hear from members, lapsed members and supporters alike.

We’d like to collect your views on a range of topics covered in the survey linked below. From airports and airspace, to Sport Pilot and events, we’ve covered every topic.

As a membership based company, RAAus exists to further the interests and requirements of our members. The survey below is comprehensive and provides you with an opportunity to have a say in our future.

No identifying data is being collected and all data will be compiled into an aggregate form and used by RAAus only. Aggregate results will be shared with members.

Please help us shape our collective future and take part in our survey.

To begin survey click here

• Informative 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange that you don't have to be a member, or even an ex-member to be able to complete the survey. I wonder how many responses they are expecting to receive?

• Agree 1

A disappointing response Frank. What would you have them do to get member feedback?

I will stick up for Frank here.

Cast your memory back a little - Frank was on the board for a brief time during the transition from what we had to what is now.

The other part of the equation what was going on that we weren't told about.

Frank is aware of what went on.

Simply put the members could smell a rat but could not find it.

Now they are after sympathy via this survey.

KP

• Agree 3

A little difficult for the newcomers like myself with only a year here. I did it anyway as there were a few relevant areas and as noted you could add your feelings in the other comments line.

• Like 2

Survey done. I have taken the opportunity in the open answer parts to speak my views on a few issues I have with where RAAus is seemingly headed & focused.

Even if you don't like the format / options given, use the opportunity to speak up. There has to be more chance of getting a message across there than just talking about things here on our forum. Maybe the message will be heard, maybe not. The only thing certain is that if you don't participate in the survey your voice will not be heard or counted.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

Survey done. I have taken the opportunity in the open answer parts to speak my views on a few issues I have with where RAAus is seemingly headed & focused.Even if you don't like the format / options given, use the opportunity to speak up. There has to be more chance of getting a message across there than just talking about things here on our forum. Maybe the message will be heard, maybe not. The only thing certain is that if you don't participate in the survey your voice will not be heard or counted.

What a disgrace.. The new tech manual was formulated and sent off to CASA for ratification all in secret, only time we heard about it when the thing was released to the membership.

Frank had some very good suggestions and he was ignored. Hence what is being hidden in that manual.

Before any yelling .... Just have a read of the thing.. Looks like a police force wrote it.

Even if CASA wrote it they would have sent it out as a NPRM first up. Not -- Here it we will fix it if need be.

KP

• Agree 2

As I've warned before Keith. You are now a part of a competing (opposition)organisation and now no matter what you say along the lines of the way you are posting , It should be seen in that light. Like " You WOULD say that wouldn't you?

On another tack.

Why not canvass ex or disaffected members? I sensible move I would have thought. Nev

• Agree 4

What a disgrace.. The new tech manual was formulated and sent off to CASA for ratification all in secret, only time we heard about it when the thing was released to the membership.Frank had some very good suggestions and he was ignored. Hence what is being hidden in that manual.

Before any yelling .... Just have a read of the thing.. Looks like a police force wrote it.

Even if CASA wrote it they would have sent it out as a NPRM first up. Not -- Here it we will fix it if need be.

KP

Keith I don't know why you have quoted my post? Your post has no relevance or even a proper response to my post.

I have stated my belief that people should take the chance to voice an opinion in a format that may make a difference.

You however continue to just bag out RAAus. You have made it very clear that you have a barrow to push, but in any business you will gain more respect if you achieve success by out performing your opposition, not by bagging them.

Let's see some action not just words.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

I'm over the goodies and baddies stuff. That's the sort of sick rivalry that existed in model aeroplane clubs etc. Way back. Competition will make you earn your spurs. Deeds rather than words from now on. If you are doing something different or an idea that's good for aviation, especially our variety, let's hear about it. Nev

• Agree 7

I replied and thought it was agood chance to tell the powers that be what I wanted from the organisation.

Keith is tied up with another organisation, but I think he should be heard here. It doecn't cost much to listen and then make up your own mind on someone elses post. Just possibly they may come up with something worth reading.

Thank you Yen, we are all members of RAAus and do have views. We need to read to comprehend and understand not just read to reply.

The question, "Who's views were used as guidance to get where RAAus is now?" Hmmmmmmmm.? Just think about it?

RAAus board and management would not be in such a mess if they had listened to the members not their experts.

Normally experts get us into deeper do do.

KP.

• Agree 1