Crash at Caboolture

Looks like this aircraft. http://aviationadvertiser.com.au/detail.php?id=4837Caboolture based.

If that's the same aircraft it's the second 'for sale' aircraft to crash in a week. The other one was the RV9A at Gatton. Don't know if it was a demo ride in either case but letting a prospective owner 'have a go' may be a time to be very careful.

• Agree 4

If that's the same aircraft it's the second 'for sale' aircraft to crash in a week. The other one was the RV9A at Gatton. Don't know if it was a demo ride in either case but letting a prospective owner 'have a go' may be a time to be very careful.

The owner was on TV last evening and I believe did state he was demonstrating the aircraft to a prospective purchaser. Aircraft was insured.

Ya gotta remember Journo's & I use that term loosely report mostly to the general public who really have no idea about aviation in general hence they dramatize it to make it more 'news-worthy'

How true, so how about politics, finance & world events etc that I don't have an intricate understanding or knowledge of, it's a race to the bottom, their research is done by google.

worst piece of trash 'journalism' ever is an article by a fool by the name of Lou Robson - Sunday Mail, September 7 2008 - major title Dice with death - minor title - Thrill-seekers die as ultralight trend takes off

one of the pictures of aircraft on the page was Yak 52 - um - 'scuse me, Lou? This moron thinks a Yak 52 is an 'ultralight'?

some of Robsons attempts at professional journalism in the article:

"in a dangerous trend, a growing number of ageing thrill-seekers are taking to Queensland skies in home made and second hand ultralights - one of the most dangerous planes available - as well as powered gliders and light aircraft"

and

"it's an inexpensive aviation experience for adrenalin junkies"

and

"lightweight planes bought for a pittance and requiring only the most basic pilots licence to fly"

don't know what this idiot is doing for a living these days but I sincerely hope it has nothing to do with aviation.

BP

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

worst piece of trash 'journalism' ever is an article by a fool by the name of Lou Robson - Sunday Mail, September 7 2008 - major title Dice with death - minor title - Thrill-seekers die as ultralight trend takes offone of the pictures of aircraft on the page was Yak 52 - um - 'scuse me, Lou? This moron thinks a Yak 52 is an 'ultralight'?

"in a dangerous trend, a growing number of ageing thrill-seekers are taking to Queensland skies in home made and second hand ultralights - one of the most dangerous planes available - as well as powered gliders and light aircraft"

and

and

"lightweight planes bought for a pittance and requiring only the most basic pilots licence to fly"

don't know what this idiot is doing for a living these days but I sincerely hope it has nothing to do with aviation.

BP

Fake news!!

• Helpful 1

worst piece of trash 'journalism' ever is an article by a fool by the name of Lou Robson - Sunday Mail, September 7 2008 - major title Dice with death - minor title - Thrill-seekers die as ultralight trend takes offone of the pictures of aircraft on the page was Yak 52 - um - 'scuse me, Lou? This moron thinks a Yak 52 is an 'ultralight'?

and

and

BP

Can you honestly tell me that you expect anything better from The Courier/Sunday Mail?

• Agree 2

no m8 I don't - some may, but not moi...and the reason for all the mayhem is because (apparently) "celebrities with pilot's licenses, including Angelina Jolie and John Travolta, also made flying popular", not to mention the "growing number of retired pilots, in their late 50s and 60s have adopted the hobby..."

I can just see John Travolta in his Drifter now...not to mention those OLD ex-airline pilots (you know, with thousands of hours under their belt) being helped into their death machines by their sobbing family members, knowing that they may never.....oh God, I've lost it.......

sorry

BP

no m8 I don't - some may, but not moi...and the reason for all the mayhem is because (apparently) "celebrities with pilot's licenses, including Angelina Jolie and John Travolta, also made flying popular", not to mention the "growing number of retired pilots, in their late 50s and 60s have adopted the hobby..."I can just see John Travolta in his Drifter now...not to mention those OLD ex-airline pilots (you know, with thousands of hours under their belt) being helped into their death machines by their sobbing family members, knowing that they may never.....oh God, I've lost it.......

sorry

BP

Ha Ha......."Death Machine" is the name on the side of my Drifter.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif