'Gyrocopter Girl' flies the 'Blackwing'

Phil Perry

We should consider that there are ladies on here, and we're not just having a boys chat in the barbers shop

Sorry, PD - I looked for some photos of a buff, bare-chested, male pilot, to keep the balance in the thread - and all I got, was a GAY, stud pilot??? 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

• Informative 1

Sorry, PD - I looked for some photos of a buff, bare-chested, male pilot, to keep the balance in the thread - and all I got, was a GAY, stud pilot??? 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

That sounds rather risque,. . . . ( got a link ? )

SERIOUSLY NOW. . . .There are Gay people who fly, and use this forum along with us hairy butch he - men.. I am sure that Gay people are not all as self-deprecating, and possessed of an evil sense of humour as my Brother in Law. I do NOT see why the pi$$ should be taken. . .

• Agree 1

Phil, the reason I mentioned the Gay pilot, was because the ladies would normally be more interested in photos of a studly hetero bloke.

S'alright OT. . .I know what you mean really. . . !. (. .074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif )

Only read this thread today so, being more interested in the flying abilities of the young lady and the gyro itself, here a a couple of observations. The gyro in a most stable aircraft. Did you notice that there was no bumping/bouncing to be seen except for on landing, and even then, it was hardly noticeable. Maybe it was/is because of her flying skills because she sure knows how to handle that big, still "stick" between her legs. Talking of which, did you notice that her note pad couldn't make up it's mind as to which leg it should be on? You're going to have another look, aren't you. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

• Haha 2

all I can say (other than "Crikey") is that I am so proud that this forum isn't dictated (?) to by the PC Police - well done youse guys !!! (and gals - sorry)BP

Golly......she can do my pre-flight any time.....

Erik in Oz.

• Haha 1

Only read this thread today so, being more interested in the flying abilities of the young lady and the gyro itself, here a a couple of observations. The gyro in a most stable aircraft. Did you notice that there was no bumping/bouncing to be seen except for on landing, and even then, it was hardly noticeable. Maybe it was/is because of her flying skills because she sure knows how to handle that big, still "stick" between her legs. Talking of which, did you notice that her note pad couldn't make up it's mind as to which leg it should be on? You're going to have another look, aren't you. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I flew a Gyrocopter from a Welsh coast airfield ( CAERNARFON ) to my base airfield over Ten years ago., at the behest of a friend who had purchased it, but had not yet had any training. ( WHY do people do this ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ) Why buy a car if you have never had any driving experience ?. . . OK, we'll leave that for a moment. . . . They are not exactly difficult to fly. . . even women with big, largely uncovered boobies can do it. . . ( See other threads )

The aircraft was a Two seat Gyro, and I had got over 30 hours on Gyros at the time, ( Plus 298 Hrs on assorted Helicopters, spread over 35 years ! ) ) BUT I didn't know that my PPL did NOT cover that type of toy flying machine at the time. I know, I know. . .I should have checked. . . ..easy to say after the fact innit ? I flew the toy back to base ( 170 NM ) with only one refuelling stop and no drama.. . .any decent pilot with a half brain can fly these things. . .with certain caveats in mind that is. . . .( ie, keep the rotor positively loaded at all times, you are flying due to constant autorotation. NEVER make a control input which could slow the rotor speed ( ie, push the stick forward ! )

Maintain this autorotative condition and you can fly in weather that would ground anything else that you've ever flown. I think that they are terrific fun. . . .I am sorry that our airfield had banned them due to the Helicopter training school we had. . .causing so much bloody grief with the neighbours, due to hovering practice at the wrong end of the field, right next to a housing estate, against an agreement not to do so. . . Problem is,. . .Joe Public thinks that anything with rotors is a Helicopter,. .. and since the local council have banned Helos, they don't know the difference between helicopters and gyros. . .so our management have, reluctantly had to ban them as well. . . .( Bollox ) I am very unpopular with the management with regard to my objections to this Gyroban. . . .I MAY get banned from the site. . . .which would be ironic in a way,. . .since I started the place off in the first instance. in 1991 . .

Matey finally found a training organization who were prepared to teach him to fly,. . but it was Eighty five nautical South of our field. Following my 'Ferry' job, when the local CFI told me that I needed a 'G' licence to even sit in the thing,. . . .a 40 Hour course, even though I had helicopter and PPL/I R ( aeroplanes) and Wobbly wing toys as well. . .there is NO exemption nor allowance towards the 'G' licence.. .( What a load of total Bollox ) . . .I said 'Feck that mate' and I refused to fly it to his training base, and regrettably, the training base refused to send someone to come and fetch it.

End of story ?. . .he sold it on Ebay for a fraction of what he paid for it.. . .Sad really. He COULD have bought some sort of trailer and taken it by road to the Gyro training place,. . .but he obviously was not that committed. . . I really don't mind helping folks a bit, ( Especially when I get to ferry other peoples flying appliances and they're paying for the gas. . .tee hee ) . . .I had help when I started flying. . .but if they don't want to make a bit of effort to help themselves then I give up.

• Like 2

Whilst i'm no doubt guilty too of a bit it of the boy's thing. We should consider that there are ladies on here, and we're not just having a boys chat in the barbers shop.Sorry ladies, you have to be considered in the right context too..

1) If the Ladiees who read comments upon this site live in Australia, . . .then they KNOW what we blokes are like ( Generally )

2) If they were in any way concerned about the way we discuss things,. . . .then I feel sure that they would have complained about us Neanderthal mysogonist, sexist pigs by now, and complaimed to the management .. . . .

Most of the Ladies I've seen on here are pilots themselves, and terrific human beings too.

Please do not Pre-empt what 'They' might see as 'Sexist'. . . .and denigrating them as people. None of the Ladies that I personally know ever do this. . . .only Pink / green haired, recently 'Indoctrinated' ladies at universities with nose piercings and an indoctrinated Anti-Male attitude, who have no real life experience whatsoever, . . . . ever say crap like that.

• Agree 1

Hey Phil - I made the misteak of holding a door open for one of those "ladies" (at a university, it so happens) and the abuse I got in response was not only foul, it was amazingly vitriolic - and then "it" barred up when I told her to Fook Off....

I hold the door open still, and I don't care if they like it or not ! As for the Gyro Girl - she's got toys and she's happy for everybody to see 'em - what cheeses me off is those that wear incredibly revealing clothing (let's not mention yoga pants) and then get antsy when you look PAST THEM as you go by - I usually say the same thing - "You got tickets on yaself, girlie" - yeah, I know, gonna get slapped one day...us old buggers are not a part of the target audience - know what I mean ?

BP

• Agree 2

1) If the Ladiees who read comments upon this site live in Australia, . . .then they KNOW what we blokes are like ( Generally )2) If they were in any way concerned about the way we discuss things,. . . .then I feel sure that they would have complained about us Neanderthal mysogonist, sexist pigs by now, and complaimed to the management .. . .

Or maybe they just quietly move on and we lose the input of some very valuable members of our forum.

Some of the comments on this thread may be ok on some forums but are a bit over the top here.

Just my opinion mind you.

• Agree 5

Or maybe they just quietly move on and we lose the input of some very valuable members of our forum.Some of the comments on this thread may be ok on some forums but are a bit over the top here.

Just my opinion mind you.

Geoff, I think you're spot on.

• Like 1

I resign from this forum due to me being a Bad INFLUENCE ON THE LADY MEMBERS, and frightening them all off..

...and the local library...

...and the local church...

...and the local pub...

...and DEFINITELY the local swimming pool... (costumes are mandatory, Phil)

003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Haha 1

...and the local library......and the local church...

...and the local pub...

...and DEFINITELY the local swimming pool... (costumes are mandatory, Phil)

003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Nah,. . .already banned from all those other places Mate ! The Last one for swimming as Prince Hal in Henry IV part 1. . .after mine own Heir - apparent Garters slipped a bit and exposed my codpiece. . .004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Haha 1