Aviation Sighting of the Decade

boleropilot

g'day Youse Mob,

Just saw two B1-B bombers fly over our house on their way to Amberley - amazing sight !!!!!

Apparently there will be a few F22s around as well as the Bones over the next couple of weeks.

Man I love where I live !!!!!

BP

g'day Youse Mob,Just saw two B1-B bombers fly over our house on their way to Amberley - amazing sight !!!!!

Apparently there will be a few F22s around as well as the Bones over the next couple of weeks.

BP

Things must be hotting up between the two spoiled brats.

• Agree 1

g'day Youse Mob,Just saw two B1-B bombers fly over our house on their way to Amberley - amazing sight !!!!!

BP

Sure ia an awesome place to live if Aviation is your thing, Get regular sightings of F18s & C117s overflying Boonah/ Kalbar heading to Amberly, Not to mention the outstanding scenery to fly around. Cheers

• Caution 1

I sit out the front on my veranda for breakfast, & count ten jumbo's per hour, plus three or four light (single engine) planes.

Then have to go sit in my HB and make funny noises. Just a couple of litres mogas for 20minutes run too keep it Happy, Me as well.Instruments.jpg.d02142acc77c9d26aa897df2d812586d.jpg

spacesailor

ClearProp03.jpg.b18f1e99657568a1d2819b300fa36f77.jpg

• Like 1

hey thanks for the replies all of you aviation tragics - my wife still giggle.gif.9fbf2613564ad555277246f6add2d17e.gif when I must look up to see what is flying around

any of you missing out on having Flight Radar 24 on your phone? it is awesome - it locates your current position and marks it on the screen, then all you do is tap any aircraft ant it will show you track, height, speed, etc.

just turned it on - an Emirates A380 bound for Auckland has just taken off from YBBN and is already at FL120 crossing North Straddie at 400 knots - holy cow !!! must be light !!! seen the size of those engines??? HUGE !!!

and if you want to scare people, you can say "flying in Europe soon? take a look at what's in the air there right now" and be prepared to show them something amazing - literally HUNDREDS of aircraft - same in the good old U S of A...

every non-aviation person I have shown it to have been absolutely gobsmacked by the number of aircraft in the air - and it gets bigger every day...

hey don't forget to have a look at the Drifter forum here and take a peek at the videos of the approaches to the nearly completed Woolooman International Airport...don't forget to vote at the top of the forum !

cheers

BP

• Like 1

I sit out the front on my veranda for breakfast, & count ten jumbo's per hour, plus three or four light (single engine) planes.

Hong Kong blows me away, take offs every 2 minutes and the A300/737 traffic jams!

... take a look at what's in the air there right now" and be prepared to show them something amazing - literally HUNDREDS of aircraft - same in the good old U S of A...every non-aviation person I have shown it to have been absolutely gobsmacked by the number of aircraft in the air - and it gets bigger every day...

Half a million people in the air at any one time « JoNova

imagine Wilbur and Orville doing a walk around of an A380.....

Going by their reputation, they would be very impressed. Quickly followed by the rubbing of hands with glee as they ring their lawyers and claim only they have the right to make aircraft.

• Agree 3
  • Haha 1

It,s a good thing were concerned with global warming and ocean levels otherwise we might think of all the oxygen those engines are chewing up and maybe think about that instead eh, breathing longevity needs a little bit more priority than drowning risk, at this point i,m wondering (just saying) cheers Hargraves

• Like 1