This is shocking

Shocking scandal with the Boeing 777, it makes you wonder just what other secrets they are keeping from the general public ...

Is this the truth behind MH370?

777.jpg.3d79a02205ce34737035147ee52915e9.jpg

without all that weight it should stay up longer

To be fair it will gain altitude on the tarmac as it uses fuel.

CNN ran that story on April 1st 2014 apparently.

Shocking scandal with the Boeing 777, it makes you wonder just what other secrets they are keeping from the general public ...Is this the truth behind MH370?

[ATTACH=full]54152[/ATTACH]

A caution to all members of this site: this problem is not just confined to Boeing 777s. It has been known to afflict Recreational Aircraft as well. Please be careful next time you fly your aircraft ladies and gentlemen.

This information has not been widely shared with the non-flying public who largely live in ignorance about this matter.

So it's not air flowing over the wings that creates Lift, it's fuel flowing into the engine that does the trick.

Here's a picture of a load of sailplane fuel being delivered to an airfield

1520511463569.png.4d78efe58fb0591bdb6386491f41bf15.png

so you're telling me that if I run out of fuel the Drifter might also "struggle to maintain altitude"?

people keep telling me how dangerous this ultralighting stuff is but honestly, I had no idea...

I'm scared now, really scared - no doubt a ballistic parachute will be at the top of my list for pressies at Christmas..

BP

Surely, if they just gently warm the air in the empty tanks, the aircraft will rise, just as a hot-air balloon does??

When I say it would have to be done gently - you wouldn't want a 777 flying up and away, like an escaped helium balloon, would you??!!

speaking of helium - I was wondering about the 'problem' I have with 'weight' in the cockpit of the Drifter - could I install a helium tank under the seat?

what about a pair of canards set to a slight positive angle of attack, so the nose of the aircraft would always have some lift generated to counter the 'weight'

anybody got any other ideas? oh yeah, now some skinny vegan is going to tell me to reduce the amount of movements of my hand to my gob....bastard!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
speaking of helium - I was wondering about the 'problem' I have with 'weight' in the cockpit of the Drifter - could I install a helium tank under the seat?what about a pair of canards set to a slight positive angle of attack, so the nose of the aircraft would always have some lift generated to counter the 'weight'anybody got any other ideas? oh yeah, now some skinny vegan is (...)!

Psst. Move the seat back further and adjust the pedals to suit. Also, if you step away from the pies and beer then get some regular exercise your brain will work better. You will live longer too but you will be miserable because you will have to do it without pies and beer. So much for that idea

PYou will live longer too but you will be miserable because you will have to do it without pies and beer. So much for that idea

So a 76 year old walks into his Doc's and asks how much longer do you think I will live?

Do you smoke?

No

Do you drink?

No

Do you have sex?

No

Do you fly recreational aircraft?

No

........ So why do you want to live longer?