GPS guided Terrorist Drones

The latest bomb carrying terrorist drone confirmed...

"...Two months after an Israeli Apache helicopter shot down an Iranian drone dispatched from Syria, ... Israel’s military censors on Friday finally allowed local media to report that the drone was not merely taking surveillance footage, but was carrying explosives and was primed to attack and damage an unspecified target somewhere in Israel..."

Attack drone revelation shows grave, immediate, adjacent threat to Israel: Iran

Israel, and the world, has a big problem. Very hard to combat bomb carrying drones worth a few hundred dollars with defensive weapons costing 10's of thousands of dollars. Eventually the defenders go broke.

Somebody has been proactive in stoping the terrorist drones at their source. In 2016 terrorist drone 'expert' Mohamed al-Zawi were assassinated in Tunisia. And just recently another terrorist drone 'expert', Fadi al-Batsh, were assassinated in Malaysia.

Hamas blames Israel for killing its drone expert in Tunisia, vows revenge

Hamas threatens revenge against Israel for killing of drone and rocket expert

Of concern to Australia is the terrorist drone designer that has been living just north of Oz for the last 10 years. How many Malaysian bomb-drone building experts have been educated by Fadi al-Batsh in the last 10 years ?

Who believes anyone. Our news is full of fake news, coming from the highest places. Sad thing is that some people believe anything they read or hear.

Drones must give off some indication of their presence and it should be possible to block their GPS signal enough to crash them.

Who believes the IDF? Modern day gestapo

question.gif.87cbec7902f23086e782a2926632fb76.gifWhat is it you don't believe ? Irans drone programme has been well documented via multiple sources. Practically every week there is a comment from one or other iranian minister/cleric about how they will destroy Israel.

Here's something about drones from Irans own military back in 2013...

Just love that comment - "...industrial jihad..."

From Al jazeera...

"...a US F-15 aircraft, flying over Syrian territory, fired on the drone after it displayed hostile intent and advanced on coalition forces. Pentagon spokesman Captain Jeff Davis said ... it was armed..." US shoots down 'Iranian-made' drone in Syria

I don't know about little drones being easily detected or stopped. At a recent party a bloke showed me his $700 drone. It zipped straight up to about 500 feet and sat there, stabilized, with its camera zoomed in on one of the guests. When they walked off, it followed, tracking them automatically. Then he showed me the top speed - it dropped the front and took off like a cut cat. He said he'd clocked it at 80kph using the GPS once.

Get one like that with a small explosive device you could drop and you could target one person in particular or a vulnerable location, and no one would even know it was there. At 500ft you can't hear it or easily see it - it's the size of a medium bird.

Scary tech and I'm surprised we're not seeing more use of them by the bad guys.

Guest Guest

Anything that mankind designs/makes that has potential to harm ends up being used as a weapon of war, the drone is no different than the discovery of the club or spear!

Drone detection and blocking is available now, especially for the commercially available equipment. Simply block the operational or GNSS frequencies and you have solved one part of the problem.

DroneGuns (signal blockers) are already in use at the commonwealth games. Direction finding technology, drone detection equipment and blocking equipment is now being used in prisons and around airports.

The only drones that can't be totally affected by signal blocking are those with inertial navigation systems built in, which includes the majority of the military drones. However there seems to be other electronic warfare technology for those.

Drone detection and blocking is available now, especially for the commercially available equipment. Simply block the operational or GNSS frequencies and you have solved one part of the problem...

If the GPS signal is being blocked what do civvy aircraft use to navigate ?.

If the GPS signal is being blocked what do civvy aircraft use to navigate ?

The same way they do whenever GNSS spoofing and blocking is encountered now, using radio nav. Certainly overseas in certain countries their are regular instances of interference with GNSS signals.

Get one like that with a small explosive device you could drop and you could target one person in particular or a vulnerable location, and no one would even know it was there. At 500ft you can't hear it or easily see it - it's the size of a medium bird.Scary tech and I'm surprised we're not seeing more use of them by the bad guys.

Like this....

The latest bomb carrying terrorist drone confirmed..."...Two months after an Israeli Apache helicopter shot down an Iranian drone dispatched from Syria, ... Israel’s military censors on Friday finally allowed local media to report that the drone was not merely taking surveillance footage, but was carrying explosives and was primed to attack and damage an unspecified target somewhere in Israel..."

Attack drone revelation shows grave, immediate, adjacent threat to Israel: Iran

Israel, and the world, has a big problem. Very hard to combat bomb carrying drones worth a few hundred dollars with defensive weapons costing 10's of thousands of dollars. Eventually the defenders go broke.

Somebody has been proactive in stoping the terrorist drones at their source. In 2016 terrorist drone 'expert' Mohamed al-Zawi were assassinated in Tunisia. And just recently another terrorist drone 'expert', Fadi al-Batsh, were assassinated in Malaysia.

Hamas blames Israel for killing its drone expert in Tunisia, vows revenge

Hamas threatens revenge against Israel for killing of drone and rocket expert

Of concern to Australia is the terrorist drone designer that has been living just north of Oz for the last 10 years. How many Malaysian bomb-drone building experts have been educated by Fadi al-Batsh in the last 10 years ?

Who cares, are you trying to infer something?We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Havagrt ANZAC day!

Ramjet

Who believes anyone. Our news is full of fake news, coming from the highest places. Sad thing is that some people believe anything they read or hear.Drones must give off some indication of their presence and it should be possible to block their GPS signal enough to crash them.

Or get yourself a egle. they like attacking drones. And i only watch the ABC so i am not exposed to the murdoch fake news

Israel is still a massive human rights abuser

And Iran is not?

I was in Persia during the uprising and civil war and know of things never reported in media. I can tell you there are NO human rights in the renamed Iran, especially for women.

having been in the drone industry commercially now for over 12 years, I can tell you we are only at the tip of the iceberg! Detection is not as easy as you think! I have been working with a variety of technologies (all of which currently are not legal to operate) and it's not simple. Even law enforcement need to get serious exemptions in place in order to use this tech. The drone gun displayed for the comm games was just that - "displayed".

The current regulations do not allow for any means to take down a drone, be it a commercial drone, or a recreation drone. Doing so could see you face 7 years in the big house. Sounds mad I know, but recently legislation was changed, and now they are all defined as "aircraft", so they are covered by many laws that most don't know exist.

We are yet to see a serious incident with drone tech here in Aus, but with drones that you can buy at JB-HiFi having a range of 7kms out of the box, it won't be long I am afraid. :(

My biggest fear is LSA meets Drone = Disaster. I have missed one already just off my wing at 1000ft. Bloody scary.

Guest Guest
having been in the drone industry commercially now for over 12 years, I can tell you we are only at the tip of the iceberg! Detection is not as easy as you think! I have been working with a variety of technologies (all of which currently are not legal to operate) and it's not simple. Even law enforcement need to get serious exemptions in place in order to use this tech. The drone gun displayed for the comm games was just that - "displayed".The current regulations do not allow for any means to take down a drone, be it a commercial drone, or a recreation drone. Doing so could see you face 7 years in the big house. Sounds mad I know, but recently legislation was changed, and now they are all defined as "aircraft", so they are covered by many laws that most don't know exist.

We are yet to see a serious incident with drone tech here in Aus, but with drones that you can buy at JB-HiFi having a range of 7kms out of the box, it won't be long I am afraid. :(

My biggest fear is LSA meets Drone = Disaster. I have missed one already just off my wing at 1000ft. Bloody scary.

I've been toying around with r/c stuff inc Drones for more years than can be counted and the technology that is coming is very concerning! Not too long ago I had my Q500 up at 400' ( Max allowed) over my local airfield getting some footage for the owner and off in the distance I saw a drifter type machine at around the same height, not too sure how far away he was but had there been a collision it might not have been pretty!! It will happen for sure, just a matter of time!

I've been toying around with r/c stuff inc Drones for more years than can be counted and the technology that is coming is very concerning! Not too long ago I had my Q500 up at 400' ( Max allowed) over my local airfield getting some footage for the owner and off in the distance I saw a drifter type machine at around the same height, not too sure how far away he was but had there been a collision it might not have been pretty!! It will happen for sure, just a matter of time!

Yep! Agreed. It's only a matter of time.

Be very careful flying over an Airfield. If it's an Airfield that is registered with CASA - as in - AD, ALA, HLS, or the like, it's a $9000 fine, regardless if the owner said you can! It's actually written into legislation, and not just a CASA decision. I know a number of individuals that have been caught out on that one. Recreational or Commercial - it's the same.

Israel is still a massive human rights abuser

HelloI don`t post much on this site, but have to reply to this post:

I would like to mention a thing or two regarding the reported terrorist incident in Israel. Having spent a great part of my younger life involved in the art of, and defending against, unconventional warfare, it scares me s***less to know that the terrorists have evolved from suicide vests to drone-delivered devices in such a relatively short period of time. Knowing what can be produced, manufactured and the delivery methods of such, I can assure you that they are not even past the introduction page of the book on Terror. We are living in la-la land if we think they will not embrace any viable way or means to deliver their terror. Yes, it happens mainly far away at the moment, in Israel and Syria, etc. but let us be very glad that Israel is standing in trenches against the war on terror, and is taking the punch at the moment. Because believe me, as sure as God make little green apples, if this was is not stopped there, in the Middle East, it will be on our own doorsteps. What we have seen up to now in Australia was child's play. A few dim-witted youngsters with time on their hands and no work to do. And I sincerely hope, Mr. fly_tornado, that you go on your knees and pray to your God, that, when the first explosive device gets dropped on Australian soil by a drone, it is not on you or your loved ones. It is not "IF" anymore, it is "WHEN".

I also note, Mr. fly_tornado, that you don`t have much to say about the Gestapo tactics employed by the guy next door to Israel, Bashir al-Assad. Now HE doesn`t play around when it gets to wiping out people......what drones? Wholesale is the word....It makes a drone-delivered mortar bomb almost look humane....

Ok, I am off the box. Getting the asbestos suit on against the expected flaming...

Erik in Oz.

The essence of all conflict and threat comes from the underlying fact we have all been engaged from birth in a huge spiritual war between GOOD and EVIL.. To understand this we first have to define GOOD & EVIL.. These are not disembodied forces, they can only result from the deliberate choice of a MIND.. So ultimately GOOD is of GOD and EVIL is of the DEVIL.. and we all get to choose. The problem here is non of us are totally GOOD or totally EVIL! Which means the enemy is not always "out there".. it is sometimes ME..! Atheists and theophobics are of course in complete denial about all this which is too bad because the ONLY way to understand the problem and get the best guidance is found in the pages of the BIBLE and an understanding of who is God and who is the Devil.

Back to the topic of lethal almost undetectable drones.. It is not the weapon that is the real problem.. it is the person who chooses EVIL which we may now give the correct definition EVIL = Playing GOD. The verification of all this is easy.. GOOD comes only from TRUTH and EVIL always comes fro LIES.. (again correctly described in the BIBLE).. We don't have TRUTH (because we never know everything, only GOD by definition does).. The best we have is VERIFIED KNOWLEDGE.. but that is sufficient to establish who GOD is.. I am talking observational science not religious beliefs..

So every functional state of matter (ie has a purpose) specified by information is a DESIGN and product of a MIND. We are all familiar with engines we know they are designed.. easy.. Well it may surprise you to know the most efficient engine known exists in billions inside every cell of every living animal.. its called ATP Synthase and 8 million will fit on cross section of a hair. They are a true electric motor fully controllable and fully specified by information in DNA.. Hence they are a DESIGN and can only be the product of a mind.. but this mind must therefore be responsible for all animal life.. Well only the GOD of the BIBLE fits that criteria so we know who he is and the real answer to the fear of death is the fear of God..