Jab down, Bundaberg

Latest info heard is that this Jab was in the experimental category and had a highly modified Camit engine with fuel injection and ran out of fuel.

Instead of just hours, RAA should record and publish take off and landing statistics.  After all 90% of the trip is in the first and last 5 minutes.  Ultra light pilots get much more excitement in those 10 minutes than jumbo pilots get in 12 hours (apart from Russian Scuds).  I would estimate that a Jabiru engine gets much more excitement than any other engine, given the numbers doing circuits in training.

All take offs  are recorded in the aircrafts log book. They get this information. I would think.  The take offs  and landings are probably the most risky periods of the flight.  Nev

All take offs  are recorded in the aircrafts log book. They get this information. I would think.  The take offs  and landings are probably the most risky periods of the flight.  Nev

On a per trip basis, In GA, I agree, and in RA for minor incidents with nil or low grade injuries I’d also agree, but for serious injuries/ fatalities, I suspect the majority are en route.

Facthunter said that Jab bashing started because CASA over reacted. I beg to differ, it was the Jab bashing that caused CASA to react.

I also can;t understand those who say we are laughing at the pilots misfortune. All I could see of the laughing was that it was directed at the reporting of the accident.

I also can;t understand those who say we are laughing at the pilots misfortune. All I could see of the laughing was that it was directed at the reporting of the accident.

I think that could be because posts have been removed now

Jabiru released FB post about it being modified engine and running out of fuel....ie not their fault

Suggest if it had no fuel it isn't modified CAE engines fault either

Jabiru seem quick to publish when somthing isn’t their fault but it’s tumbleweeds for weeks when it is. Oh that’s right I’m Jab bashing deleted here I come.

Before CASA was involved, I was at Temora and had the opportunity to talk to Rod Stiff. I asked him why I was having overheating problems in my Jab 230

He asked me where the plane was based and I said Tooradin in Victoria, and he said " Thats your problem, the engines are tuned for Bundaberg weather, not Victorian weather"

My reaction was WTF!!!!

That was when I decided to change aircraft