Photo thread for the heck of it

ayavner

For a collection of great aircraft photos, as well as links to Australian and overseas registration searches, videos and more (for those who don't know about it), visit 16right.com.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry Sarge. . . I parked it while the tide was out. . . .

15991070_FLYINGBOAT.jpg.e626d7e2f19b3a0f3cb4742ee5761d90.jpg

Saunders-Roe SR.A/1 - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

TG263 on the water. Role, Flying boat fighter. Manufacturer, Saunders-Roe. First

flight, 16 July 1947. Retired, 1951. Status, Experimental. Primary user, Marine

Aircraft Experimental Establishment. Number built, 3. The Saunders-Roe SR./A.1

I saw one of these, Gate Guardian outside an RAF base in the late 1960s, can't remember which one though. . .

****EDIT ****** Just been told it was Duxford. . . .

I saw one of these, Gate Guardian outside an RAF base in the late 1960s, can't remember which one though. . .****EDIT ****** Just been told it was Duxford. . . .

Is your source sure about that? I don't recall ever seeing it there in the late 60s, and with no connection at all with Duxford, it doesn't make sense that they would have trucked it all the way from the south coast.

That Saunders Roe flying boat was probably the one I saw being built in a big shed on the waters edge in Cowes I.O.W in1946 or 47. It looked massive to a young lad like me.

I'd guess that was the Saunders-Roe Princess passenger flying boat you saw. Just a little too late and cancelled by BOAC, unlike the TSR2 which was premature and cancelled by a communistic government.

Saunders-Roe Princess - Wikipedia

Is your source sure about that? I don't recall ever seeing it there in the late 60s, and with no connection at all with Duxford, it doesn't make sense that they would have trucked it all the way from the south coast.

I'll recheck Birdy. . . I dunno. . . these people and their #FakeFacts. . . I didn't argue with the guy who said this as I remember seeing it ( Or something darned similar. . .) but not where. . . .

I'll recheck Birdy. . . I dunno. . . these people and their #FakeFacts. . . I didn't argue with the guy who said this as I remember seeing it ( Or something darned similar. . .) but not where. . . .

Ahhh, so it was a bloke in a pub that told you. :-)

I remember that bloke. A pint on his head and two pipes down to his mouth. Saw him on Doctor Who.

I've got a clever hat somewhere, it carries a tinnie of VB on each side and has a plastic gob tube from each one . . . very handy if you need a drink whilst requiring the use of both hands. . . Wine bottles won't quite fit though. . . . working on it. . .

And the controller finally loses it... "Look son... I AIN'T your daddy!"

Oddly enough Marty,. . . a controller said to me one day. ."You can reduce that to 2P if you like. . "

I replied, " D'you mean the Callsign,. . .or the Landing Fee. . .?

With all that history, it almost qualifies for the London to Brighton.Do you have any idea when it was built?Rgds.Planey

All UK regn can be looked up online at g-infohttps://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1&mode=search

At the moment there are 10 MW6 in permit and 4 that have been converted to single seater redregulated. The rest are out of permit or still being built.

Mark:G-MZOK is the one in the pic and original regn date was 1998 and current Reg. Date: 11/06/2004. Its in permit till 2016 so is still a two seater

Just a ccorrection there Kasper, . .G-MZOK is actually 'Daughter', the one built by Kim WIlcox. I can't remember the reg of 'Mother' offhand, but I'll have a look on the weekend . . .if I remember ! ( Alzheimers R us ) The colouring is similar, but MZOK has side fairings on the cockpit. . .