Photo thread for the heck of it

ayavner

Been looking more closely at war memorials around the country in my semi retired state. . .more time an' all that. . .

Some of them are a bit weird, the more 'Modern' arty farty ones I mean. . .

But I DO like this one, made of steel. . . located at Seaham, Co. Durham.

original.jpg.cd28200ff84f73650189775137f49414.jpg

Some airfield shots today ( Sun 31/07 )

Friend Mick drops in from RAF Cosford, 'Wearing' his Slingsby Tipsy Nipper. ( Powered by an 1835cc VW )

283952863_020R.jpg.a597bdfef2cf0a7231804f14bfc8c431.jpg

Nice little aeroplane - he restored it from a wreck over 9 years ( whilst building a house at the same time ! )

897527829_016R.jpg.c02710f630da3e112808a98376662952.jpg

Front office not designed for 'Industrial Sized' pilots. . . ( like me )

572525505_018R.jpg.463231059a7cba5df99ac5cbfe635419.jpg

The very First A22 Foxbat built in the UK. . and still flying beautifully. . .

1063758882_017R.jpg.91a143aa18e78702965897b142ba891c.jpg

Finally - Our latest arrival, 4 man syndicate owned Sport Cruiser. ( Foxbat replacement - after they had a disagreement with the importer over a botched repair. . .)

1869960086_022R.jpg.ee7f55798f9fc394ff50a91f8c6e9a94.jpg

Very sleek looking, but disappointing performance , ( IMHO ) heavy airframe, needs more power. Only 'Just' makes it out of our longest strip ( 475m ) with 2 up and full fuel in nil wind condx. (To me personally,. . .having to go beyond the point of no return every time to achieve vmc, is not a brilliant idea. . . Cruise speed a lot less than it looks like it should be. . . .

and NO I'm not jealous. . . .there's better stuff on the market )

Some airfield shots today ( Sun 31/07 )[ATTACH=full]44593[/ATTACH]

Very sleek looking, but disappointing performance , ( IMHO ) heavy airframe, needs more power. Only 'Just' makes it out of our longest strip ( 475m ) with 2 up and full fuel in nil wind condx. (To me personally,. . .having to go beyond the point of no return every time to achieve vmc, is not a brilliant idea. . . Cruise speed a lot less than it looks like it should be. . . .

and NO I'm not jealous. . . .there's better stuff on the market )

They look pretty but don't stack up. From the factory...

Empty Weight at least 388kg. Full fuel 114Litres = 80kg

Your 2 crew have to be lighter than 132kg combined and thats without any carry on gear let alone the 28kg luggage that the factory says it can carry.

Factory grass strip take off roll of 457m to clear 50feet. I'd say you'd be very brave to operate off a 475m strip.

Jeez you're right about wearing the Nipper! (Yes I have edited this, I just reread your post...)He's obviously had a scare or two, given the stains on the seat...

To be honest Marty 'Friend Mick' and I had never met until yesterday, . . .I only know him from forums. In fact I said to him, "Jeeze mate. I thought you were a really good looking young buck. . ." Nice bloke, wants to leave RAF Cosford as a base, due to the high security. Has to show I/D thre times, entering AND leaving to get to the hangars. . . likes 'Our place' so has joined the queue for a new hangar. . . I have not traded any ' scare ' stories with him thus far, so I'll have to ask him about the skidmarks on the seat ! ! !

They look pretty but don't stack up. From the factory...Empty Weight at least 388kg. Full fuel 114Litres = 80kgYour 2 crew have to be lighter than 132kg combined and thats without any carry on gear let alone the 28kg luggage that the factory says it can carry.

Factory grass strip take off roll of 457m to clear 50feet. I'd say you'd be very brave to operate off a 475m strip.

I don't think that this will end well Philip,. . . All four of the owners, as I mentioned, are seasoned Foxbat drivers. They hav all had 1/2 hour dual with the previous owner, but from a much longer, hard runway. The first attempted landing using their most experienced pilot +1 resulted in 4 missed approach / go arounds. On The fifth one, the pilot had to swing off the runway, cross the access road and roll out on the southern parking area. Airfield Manager was not pleased, as it whizzed past the front of his open hangar containing the SE5A replica. . . He owned a SC himself for 7 months about 2 years ago, and got rid of it for the reasons you have outlined. He is an Ex- airline pilot and CAA flight / aerobatics / display authority examiner with multi thousands of hours and was not happy with the 'Margin' at this site.

Two of the syndicate owners are already crap-scared of flying it, so the sooner they flog it and get something more suitable the better. I can just imagine what the Insurance company would say when it finally runs off the runway and flips over. . . . and we don't need bad publicity either. ( And Especially - we don't need any more dead / mangled pilots )

Phil.

Jeez you're right about wearing the Nipper! (Yes I have edited this, I just reread your post...)He's obviously had a scare or two, given the stains on the seat...

Might've spilled his coffee....I don't see any cup holder.

On a lighter note. . . . .I want this car ! ! ! ! ! ( I used to have one. . . . )

'Finest remaining' 1963 Ford Cortina set to fetch £28k at auction

Get a real car Phil something actually worthy of the name classic. This is what I want

Classic Alfa Romeo set to fetch more than £20 MILLION at auction

A mere 20 million pounds

Get a real car Phil something actually worthy of the name classic. This is what I wantClassic Alfa Romeo set to fetch more than £20 MILLION at auctionA mere 20 million pounds

Nah mate,. . . I never had one of those, so there'd be no nostalgia value,. . . mind you, it would cost fewer A$ with the jolly old pound down a bit ? Good opportunity for you there to save a few bux . . .?

I want this car ! ! ! ! ! ( I used to have one. . . . ) 'Finest remaining' 1963 Ford Cortina set to fetch £28k at auction

I see that it is the GT variant. I remember driving with my mate in his mum's Mk 1 Cortina. None of the cabin fittings like this one. The gear lever was a long thin rod, fully exposed. Very much like the gear lever of a 1950's Austin A40. My brother-in-law had a later model GT. British Racing Green with black interior trim. Veeeeery sexy.

OME

Russian Olympic pole-vaulter Svetlana Gevenskaia says she doesn't know what all the fuss is aboutdownload?mid=2_0_0_1_1029476_AExpimIABhxRV6EYjAx3aFbjRyY%26m=YaDownload%26pid=2.2%26fid=Inbox%26inline=1%26appid=yahoomail&key=aed693104bbbbcd8e9b4da98b845f533babf4f798492d055b06ac92657a9cb61

You're a cruel man, Red. I was drawn to your post in expectations of seeing another Tatiana, but no, the image won't open.