Drones again

But what would the American Military-Industrial Complex, do then? And have you ever contemplated the effect on the American economy?? The last thing we want, is boatloads of broke Americans turning up on our shores! ?

No fear of that.

If  you are white you can’t come to Australia and seek asylum or be a refugee according to the PC Do-Gooder brigade. 

Even if you have indesputable evidence that you are being targeted on the basis of your race. 

A little outdated ?

My first RC was the "Galloping Ghost"

Pulse proportional transmitter with a VALVE (glass predating the transistor)

Then big update to 27m transistor, So much smaller & lighter, also only ONE battery.

spacesailor

• Agree 1

Unfortunately, the nuclear option is never really a clear-cut option - particularly when dealing with fanatics. The Americans thought that the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs would make the Japanese throw in the towel immediately.

They didn't - and there were vast numbers of Japs who were prepared to keep on fighting the Americans, until their entire country was a wasteland.

It took a great deal of additional persuasion by the Americans, aimed at the heads of the Japanese military, that continuance of the War would see the Japanese nation virtually eliminated from the Earth.

The article below is good historical reading, and points out the Japanese military aims were never to surrender completely.

What the article doesn't outline, due to its brevity, is that the Americans were stunned, after the Japanese surrender, to find the Japs still had 2,500 aircraft in operational order, in hiding, that they were holding back as final Kamikaze attacks, designed to wreak total havoc on invading American forces.

1945 - and the Fall of Japan

Lets keep it local. 1000 Jabirus each with autopilot and a 200kg bomb. They couldn’t stop them all. Same cost as a,F35. ?

But Pm we wouldn’t want the risk of engine failures and them doing outlandings before they even get to the target ?. Safer with a 2kg chinease drone.

• Haha 1

Something will be done eventually that's for sure. Personally if one comes snooping around I reckon you should have the ufettered right to down it with a shotgun.  a shang hi or a raygun whatever you have. . Quality of life is an issue with invasive things like these . Nev

A friend of mine has already taken matters into his own hands after being pestered by regular drone incursions into the immediate airspace above his property.

I hapened to call into his gaff on Friday this week and he showed me the remains of a Drone that he had shot down. It had been hovering close to his Koi Carp pond, populted by extremely expensive fish.   He loaded his .410 Shotgun with a Birdshot cartridge and brought it down.   It looked to me like quite an expensive machine, based upon those I have seen at the local Model field. .  but there was no identification on it. . . . He's waiting to see what the local Plod say, should the owner give them the footage from it's HD camera. 

He said that it was the third time that this drone had been looking at his fish, and he thought that they might be planning a raid.. . . ( ? )  Fish Terrorists. . .Mmm.

Drone my ass

I would be Amazed. . if the damage on that aircraft in the picture was caused by a Drone. . . hard to believe. . .looks more likely to have been a Goose Strike. 

Geese are responsible for hundreds of these strikes, I was given a book this Christmas, entitled FLY BY WIRE the Author is a William Langeweische. . .and it is Ostensibly related to the Sully and Skiles A-320 'Cactus 1549' Incident on the Hudson River, NY in 2009. . . .The Author gets to page 60, before even getting into the Hudson ditching. . .the first part is dedicated to explaining the Migrating and local Geese problem in the USA and other countries.  It is Fascinating, and I unreservedly recommend this book to the House.

A lot different you can eject lol

Ejection ain't funny Bro'.

I read about woe pilots who had to do this, and Neither of them were passed fit for flight afterwards, well, not in the same sort of aircraft anyhow, due to spinal compression and other injuries consistent with being fired out of a cannon at an initial 20-25 Gs.

One was an English Electric Lighting pilot, who was forced to eject off the Scottish coast following technical problems he couldn't resolve following Russian Bear interception in the late 1960s.  After a couple of years flying a desk, they allowed him to retrain on Hercs. . . .Not the same though is it ?.   Flying a wheelbarrow after being used to the fastest machine in the (then)  inventory . . . The second was ANOTHER Lighting driver, who did a spectacular ejection just before the aircraft hit the ground , and this was captured by a photographer taking pictures of a new model Tractor in the next field.  I have posted this photograph on RF years back,. . .I'll see if I can Googly it again.   

https://www.vintag.es/2016/08/pilot-ejecting-from-english-electric.html

A friend of mine has already taken matters into his own hands after being pestered by regular drone incursions into the immediate airspace above his property.

I hapened to call into his gaff on Friday this week and he showed me the remains of a Drone that he had shot down. It had been hovering close to his Koi Carp pond, populted by extremely expensive fish.   He loaded his .410 Shotgun with a Birdshot cartridge and brought it down.   It looked to me like quite an expensive machine, based upon those I have seen at the local Model field. .  but there was no identification on it. . . . He's waiting to see what the local Plod say, should the owner give them the footage from it's HD camera. 

He said that it was the third time that this drone had been looking at his fish, and he thought that they might be planning a raid.. . . ( ? )  Fish Terrorists. . .Mmm.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least. We used to breed finches and parrots, and I was itching to raise the money to buy a pair of Macaws, but after reading constant reports of thieves beating the most elaborate security systems we stuck with the cheaper breeds. A couple of years back a gang used Nearmap to do an overhead search of backyards in SE Melbourne, picking the trailers in yards and at last count had stolen about 30.