RMP Aviation

Here at Warwick we have an Indian company which has been negotiating with the council to operate a flying school at the airfield. Now, by all accounts the council has agreed to let them use the terminal building as an office and apparently to supply them with a hangar. (I stand to be corrected if I am wrong, any Warwick councillors on this forum?) Anyway, today I noticed that a large sign has been erected on one of the new hangars at the Western end of the airfield. The sign says RMP Aviation which I googled, It turns out to be a private Indian company. (I am therefore making an assumption that this is the company proposing to operate the flying school, again I stand to be corrected!) Interesting fact if you look at the company, it is worth “1 lakh of rupees with a fully paid up capital of 1000%” Now, not being familiar with Indian currency I looked up what 1 lakh of rupees is in AU$ and it is currently roughly $2300 which means that, including their 1000% fully paid up capital , the company is worth less than $25000 and our council is bending over backwards. Do you for one minute think, that if I turned up with $25000 dollars, the council would do the same for me? Please, someone else follow through and confirm these figures.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Councils have an unfortunate tendency to being sucked in by smooth talking entrepreneurs. Read the last meeting minutes and attend the next meeting to ask a few probing questions. You can expect your CTAF to become worse than the Tower of Babel in no time flat. Good luck!

Me either, but someone said you're a Poet but don't know et. . So much to know and so little time.. It's Bill shakespeare I think and it's Yorrick 's. skull on a plate. . Maybe the council's just an "Indian" giver?  Geez I better watch out and be PC on my PC.  or I'll get got.  I don't stand a chance against some of the wordsmiths on this forum.... There's great talent here and it's not me.. Nev

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Me either, but someone said you're a Poet but don't know et. . So much to know and so little time.. It's Bill shakespeare I think and it's Yorrick 's. skull on a plate. . Maybe the council's just an "Indian" giver?  Geez I better watch out and be PC on my PC.  or I'll get got.  I don't stand a chance against some of the wordsmiths on this forum.... There's great talent here and it's not me.. Nev

You're too humble Nev, but don't worry too much.    That's one of the most difficult virtues to perfect.

Councils have an unfortunate tendency to being sucked in by smooth talking entrepreneurs. Read the last meeting minutes and attend the next meeting to ask a few probing questions. You can expect your CTAF to become worse than the Tower of Babel in no time flat. Good luck!

The art of Government is to amuse the citizens while they steal us blind.  "Bread and Circuses" kept the Romans distracted while their ruling classes raped and pillaged, not just other countries, but their own as well.  The irony is that they do us the courtesy of providing clues for those "with eyes to see", hidden in plain sight.   Here's a couple.  Govern = Control.  -ment = mind (as in mental).  Depart = Leave.   You can work the rest out yourself.

So the scammers have moved into aviation, now?   :cheezy grin:

What next? -  an Indian voice on the radio, telling us our aircraft has a defect, that will cause it to fall out of the sky within 24 hrs, and only they have the solution for that defect!

Naturally, the "fix" will be available immediately from them - at a very reasonable charge, of course! Payment will be in iTunes gift cards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One could say they have always been in aviation onetrack.  Considering how tightly their monopolies are controlled, companies like Cessna, Piper, Beechcraft, Boeing, Northrup, Bombardier, McDonnell Douglas, etc. are able to dictate the price of entry into the club, and have never had their monopoly cartel pricing power challenged.   If that's not considered a scam, then they've scammed us well.  

If you or I owned a small charter company and had a Cessna 206 go down in the bush, we'd attract more grief than Boeing has from the recent 737Max saga.  In fact, even if we DIDN'T have any prangs but had strong views about safety that differ from the regulator, we'd be driven to bankruptcy.   Considered objectively, CASA and other regulatory bodies are designed to perpetuate monopolies, NOT ensure safety.

To paraphrase your end quote, "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully, as when they do it from mistaken moral conviction, religiously."

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

But Indian food is my fav!  Unfortunately  India has the worst bureaucracy in the world. They have the worst bits of English bureaucratic nonsense added to the worst of their own.  There was a glider pilot here who was being transferred to India for a while so he tried (  starting over a year before departure ) to get to be able to fly with a local gliding club. Well he gave up after filling a big binder with correspondence but no outcome.  

This is actually praise for Warwick council. They must be better than that.

To suggest that Warwick council are better because they have allowed themselves to be conned by an Indian company with virtually no real assets or business doesn't seem logical to me Bruce.  What they will do is build a (probably overpriced) hangar that probably won't deliver a return on investment, but the builders will still get paid, and I'd guess that's the whole idea.

To suggest that Warwick council are better because they have allowed themselves to be conned by an Indian company with virtually no real assets or business doesn't seem logical to me Bruce.  What they will do is build a (probably overpriced) hangar that probably won't deliver a return on investment, but the builders will still get paid, and I'd guess that's the whole idea.

Our governments are really beyond belief, both local and state. Running out of water because no State water grid although they have talked about it for years, but we do have a flash new footbridge that we didn’t need and new footpaths through the CBD that again we didn’t need, all paid for by the state government!!!

• Like 1

True Derek, but they did warn us.  Government literally means Control Mind.  Govern = Control, -ment = mind, as in mental.  Then Department literally means Leave Mind.  So, a Government department is mind control to encourage us to take leave of our senses.  The funny thing is that they're not crazy, and it all makes sense once you know what they're up to, but it's not what they say it is.  Look at what they do instead.  Actions speak louder than words.

I still say they are not too silly. My local council, here in Elizabeth, have just spent millions of ratepayers money on a multistory carpark for a new hotel which has not started yet. If Warwick is not using ratepayers money, then they are heaps better than that too.

And, we just had the highest paid council boss in Australia! Together with the highest price electricity in the world... but the electricity is not provided by the council, thank goodness. It would be even higher.

Whose money do you think they're using Bruce?  

at the end of the day, the council are providing your airport with a nice new shiny clubhouse (eventually).

At the end of the day, ratepayers are probably being defrauded.

With paid up capital of only 20 grand they will need to borrow money for the hangar as well as all the other set up costs etc. They will likely be just like Adani & try to get the funding from council or state. Banks & venture capitalists would't touch Adani nor would the Feds so the billionaire had to front will a couple of Billion even thought it will cost over $16.5 bill. This mob will need a benefactor with deep pockets if it gets off the ground.

With paid up capital of only 20 grand they will need to borrow money for the hangar as well as all the other set up costs etc. They will likely be just like Adani & try to get the funding from council or state. Banks & venture capitalists would't touch Adani nor would the Feds so the billionaire had to front will a couple of Billion even thought it will cost over $16.5 bill. This mob will need a benefactor with deep pockets if it gets off the ground.

Council are building the hangar using state government money to theoretically lease to the flying school!

IF they need (and expect) all that help,  they are probably (too big) a risk.  Councils are a Sheltered workshop for people to pretend they can manage things without really testing themselves in the real world  and don't use any of their own money.. Nev

• Like 1

Whose money do you think they're using Bruce?  

At the end of the day, ratepayers are probably being defrauded.

council are spending council money to develop a council asset. if RMP leaves the airport everyone gets a nice clubhouse, if RMP makes a go of it then the council gets its money back through rent. I don't see what they issue is

• Agree 1