The question of the future of flying?????

SSCBD

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No argument on that one, only as I say, absolutely no interaction with people where I fly!

There can be a number of touchpoints from your front door to your front door where, if you happen to be CV positive you can infect others or if others are CV positive they can infect you and I've posted examples such as petrol pumps, gates, toilet buttons, doors etc so I won't go through them again, but I'll give you an example of Hunters in Victoria where social media was filled with "essential" need such as putting food on the table and a few examples just such as yours above.

The dissidents managed to stor up enough dust that on Saturday April 4 we all received this short and unambiguous message on our phones:

"Victoria's Chief Health Officer has advised that you must not leave home to hunt, to help slow the threat of conornavirus (COVID-19."

That cleared it up for every one of us, and there hasn't been any discussion on the subject ever since.

I don’t call some 20 dead off one cruise ship a success, ALL those cruise ships should have anchored off Christmas Island and a full blown Corona Virus treatment hospital set up there. I, like many others would not have to look hard to have improved the handling of the current situation In many ways.

Nor do I, and you might have missed the news that a Criminal investigation has been underway by the Chief Commissioner of NSW Police for a week or so.

At the time a lot of people were making arguments just like they are here, and one ship in Sydney and and other in Melbourne pulled in, offloaded and quietly departed.

Why use Christmas Island? Costs an absolute fortune to get anything there and there ARE local residents. Nev

There's no need to.

Once the source bubble is identified and quarantined, within a couple of weeks the group of people are cleared, hospitalised, or may have died. After none of the bubble test negative that goup can go back into the community.

The problem has been that some of those contaminated people didn't think the rules applied to them or didn't care and outbreaks kept re-occurring.

Australia now locks them in Hotels or ships where they can't get out for the 14 days.

China welded the doors shut on their escapees, which worked even better.

At the time a lot of people were making arguments just like they are here, and one ship in Sydney and and other in Melbourne pulled in, offloaded and quietly departed.

I just had a quick look and the following ADS-B aircraft looked as if they'd just crossed a State border or were about to cross a State border:

C172

DA40

C208

C402

C172

PA28A

RV-7A

The Chief Health Officers are currently relying on those borders to be clean, with people crossing them moving into two weeks isolation then moving on. Many caravanners have faces four weeks or even more in isolation, but here we are looking at what appears to be a loophole.

We

Why use Christmas Island? Costs an absolute fortune to get anything there and there ARE local residents. Nev

Well our dopey Govt sent 1 Tamil family there for many weeks at a massive cost, for what?

Anyway, evacuate small number of residents fully funded. And set up as a full blown treatment centre, we do have a Pandemic on our hands! I suggested to my Fedaral MP we set up Army Hospitals staffed by Army for Virus sufferers alone, keep them out of the mainstream health system.....been discussed at the highest levels I was told......NOTHING happened, that was 6 weeks ago.

I just had a quick look and the following ADS-B aircraft looked as if they'd just crossed a State border or were about to cross a State border:

C172

DA40

C208

C402

C172

PA28A

RV-7A

The Chief Health Officers are currently relying on those borders to be clean, with people crossing them moving into two weeks isolation then moving on. Many caravanners have faces four weeks or even more in isolation, but here we are looking at what appears to be a loophole.

Be interesting to know the nature of their missions? Air freight, medical supplies, essential services or joyriding?

Who knows?

• Like 1

There's no need to.

Once the source bubble is identified and quarantined, within a couple of weeks the group of people are cleared, hospitalised, or may have died. After none of the bubble test negative that goup can go back into the community.

The problem has been that some of those contaminated people didn't think the rules applied to them or didn't care and outbreaks kept re-occurring.

Australia now locks them in Hotels or ships where they can't get out for the 14 days.

China welded the doors shut on their escapees, which worked even better.

Shared air conditioning, shared food source and fixed windows for no outside ventilation.......yep an real smart move for eliminating a contagious virus. just look what happened to cruise ships:-(

Nor do I, and you might have missed the news that a Criminal investigation has been underway by the Chief Commissioner of NSW Police for a week or so.

Criminal Investigation can only apple to law that is breached, a Govt dept made an error or judgement, not to mention no passports checked, either.

• Like 1

We

Well our dopey Govt sent 1 Tamil family there for many weeks at a massive cost, for what?

Anyway, evacuate small number of residents fully funded. And set up as a full blown treatment centre, we do have a Pandemic on our hands! I suggested to my Fedaral MP we set up Army Hospitals staffed by Army for Virus sufferers alone, keep them out of the mainstream health system.....got a 2 line answer

• Like 1

I suggested to my Fedaral MP we set up Army Hospitals staffed by Army for Virus sufferers alone, keep them out of the mainstream health system.....got a 2 line answer

That's to be expected since he is not involved. The Chief Health officer for the State you are talking about is making that sort of decision.

Criminal Investigation can only apple to law that is breached, a Govt dept made an error or judgement, not to mention no passports checked, either.

The Chief Commissioner is investigating whether any crimes have been committed, i.e. laws breached.

Shared air conditioning, shared food source and fixed windows for no outside ventilation.......yep an real smart move for eliminating a contagious virus. just look what happened to cruise ships:-(

I'm not sure what you're getting at since this has been an unqualified success and large numbers of people have been processed.

I'm not sure what you're getting at since this has been an unqualified success and large numbers of people have been processed.

Like us all, our only news source is the Media and generally they get ‘pressured’ to publish along certain lines..

Those that don’t, get raided:-(

That's to be expected since he is not involved. The Chief Health officer for the State you are talking about is making that sort of decision.

Ah, so there is no communications between Politicians and public service hierarchy ? No wonder it’s a mess, sounds like we need to ditch the politicians? The Chief Health Officer does not run the state, regardless?

• Like 1

The Chief Commissioner is investigating whether any crimes have been committed, i.e. laws breached.

I will wait to see the charges, might make good movie making material:-)

Good fall guy though if anything goes wrong. Nev

Scapegoats are what they will want.......someone who’s neck they can put a noose around. A few others will get chucked under a bus for some reason........to justify the investigation.

• Like 1

Ah, so there is no communications between Politicians and public service hierarchy ? No wonder it’s a mess, sounds like we need to ditch the politicians? The Chief Health Officer does not run the state, regardless?

I'd suggest you actually go and have a look at the State of Emergency legislation which in your case will cover both NSW and Qld, who might have different legislation, but the management structure we have now is NOT the routine public servants advising their ministers, a person has been authorised by the enactement of the State of Emergency to address a problem, and he/she has special powers. Tose powers will be time-limited; in some states they lose their powers a bit later this month, and the State of Emergency will have to be extended if necessary.

There is no time to form the siort of relationship with politicians which cause problems in non-emergency time.

The Police have been acting for the Chief Health Officers in recent times when policing the emergency rules; that's why we are seeing special penalties out to $13,300 for individuals.

I'd suggest you actually go and have a look at the State of Emergency legislation which in your case will cover both NSW and Qld, who might have different legislation, but the management structure we have now is NOT the routine public servants advising their ministers, a person has been authorised by the enactement of the State of Emergency to address a problem, and he/she has special powers. Tose powers will be time-limited; in some states they lose their powers a bit later this month, and the State of Emergency will have to be extended if necessary.

There is no time to form the siort of relationship with politicians which cause problems in non-emergency time.

The Police have been acting for the Chief Health Officers in recent times when policing the emergency rules; that's why we are seeing special penalties out to $13,300 for individuals.

Hence the problems with our population thinking there is lots of secret squirrel stuff going on. The Govt has brought all this on themselves over the years. People have precious little faith in how this country has been run for the last how ever long.

Trust the Govt? Not a snowflake’s chance in hell. What are the qualifications of our Chief Health Officers? Show the population more respect and they just might get somewhere. I would really like to see every bit of wording on those powers, that is the only way for correct interpretation and application under law. IF the Police are getting it wrong, what hope for us?

For those of us who are looking for loop hole? That’s human nature and the only way for the lawmakers to recognise things need to be correct in the first place. The penalties further reinforce what a sick joke the whole thing is......try getting $13,300 out of an unlucky welfare recipient who does not own a house, or some other poor unfortunate in society?

Crap like this just pisses of the population and serves no purpose in making some people adhere to the law.

i don’t need any stupid law to convince me what I need to do in order to safeguard myself or others at this time.

i now shop in a small town, won’t go near a shopping centre or fuel station (I have months of diesel at home) won’t go near a public toilet and I order products on line for delivery here. IF I have to drive 100s km I carry my own fuel and take food for the trip, least number of human beings contact the better, breaking the law as such? Yes ......but I apply MY law of logic and commonsense.

• Like 2

Hence the problems with our population thinking there is lots of secret squirrel stuff going on. The Govt has brought all this on themselves over the years. People have precious little faith in how this country has been run for the last how ever long.

Trust the Govt? Not a snowflake’s chance in hell. What are the qualifications of our Chief Health Officers? Show the population more respect and they just might get somewhere. I would really like to see every bit of wording on those powers, that is the only way for correct interpretation and application under law. IF the Police are getting it wrong, what hope for us?

For those of us who are looking for loop hole? That’s human nature and the only way for the lawmakers to recognise things need to be correct in the first place. The penalties further reinforce what a sick joke the whole thing is......try getting $13,300 out of an unlucky welfare recipient who does not own a house, or some other poor unfortunate in society?

Crap like this just pisses of the population and serves no purpose in making some people adhere to the law.

i don’t need any stupid law to convince me what I need to do in order to safeguard myself or others at this time.

i now shop in a small town, won’t go near a shopping centre or fuel station (I have months of diesel at home) won’t go near a public toilet and I order products on line for delivery here. IF I have to drive 100s km I carry my own fuel and take food for the trip, least number of human beings contact the better, breaking the law as such? Yes ......but I apply MY law of logic and commonsense.

Good to hear.

Jackc"s Comment

Calm down Jack!

Keep that stress level up and you will have a break down or a heart attack.

We all have to die sometime...I'm not keen to do it at the moment, but I'm not going to let Covit 19 rule my life.

If you want to have an early death the statistics tell you to fly a light plane or ride a motor bike! (both great fun)

Wake up in the morning it's a great day!

Calm down Jack!

Keep that stress level up and you will have a break down or a heart attack.

We all have to die sometime...I'm not keen to do it at the moment, but I'm not going to let Covit 19 rule my life.

If you want to have an early death the statistics tell you to fly a light plane or ride a motor bike! (both great fun)

Wake up in the morning it's a great day!

Mate, I have been riding motorbikes for over 50 years, I still have 6 of them here in the shed! From a Vespa 300 GTS Super Scooter to a BMW 1200 HP2 Enduro! Some soon to go for replacement with aircraft parts!