The question of the future of flying?????

SSCBD

Mate, I have been riding motorbikes for over 50 years, I still have 6 of them here in the shed! From a Vespa 300 GTS Super Scooter to a BMW 1200 HP2 Enduro! Some soon to go for replacement with aircraft parts!

There you go! you lucky bugger!

My wife said " Flying or bike not both" lol

I'm hearing you mate...look for that light at the end of the tunnel :thumb up:

Edited by Butch
  • Like 2

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, I have been riding motorbikes for over 50 years, I still have 6 of them here in the shed! From a Vespa 300 GTS Super Scooter to a BMW 1200 HP2 Enduro! Some soon to go for replacement with aircraft parts!

I also had bikes for about 30 years, sold 'em off when worked for an organisation that scraped up off the road too many temporary citizens!

Each to their own when it comes to risk.

• Agree 1

Wait till his emergency is over !, lets see if this & future governments Will return to pre, Sars/Covert19/ Wulu days.

or keep a tight rein over us mortals ?.

spacesailor

No doubt our Govt has learnt much, there has been no civil war, no riots as such......just a few people losing the plot at Woolies and Bondi Beach! They probably think that controlling us more will be a pushover:-)

Everyone has broken a law/rule sometime in their lives. ? I like the 'dobber' bit, we are a fiercely independent nation & hate it when someone else is enjoying themselves regardless whether they should be or not!

image.thumb.jpeg.70f8de56c48408c1fffd330b57960435.jpeg

• Agree 1

Everyone has broken a law/rule sometime in their lives. ? I like the 'dobber' bit, we are a fiercely independent nation & hate it when someone else is enjoying themselves regardless whether they should be or not!

Just chuck this in for good measure.......

https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/the-dangerous-and-ugly-debate-simmering-in-australia/news-story/d4ab7b84ffa0d3dde23f1bc2fb8b336d

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

No doubt our Govt has learnt much, there has been no civil war, no riots as such......just a few people losing the plot at Woolies and Bondi Beach! They probably think that controlling us more will be a pushover:-)

As I mentioned only just a few posts ago, the powers of the Chief health officers and Chief Medical officer cease as soon as the State of Emergency expires.

Government then goes back to running all aspects of the Country, States and Territories.

However it wouldn't surprise me to find people posting that aliens have been watching us ready to take over.

Did you read it before you posted it?

The story talks about letting the over-70s die in favour of a better economic outcome for the younger community.

However, if you look on the Commonwealth and State Government sites you'd notice that Covid-19 is killing younger people too, and that's probably because we have a lot of young people with respitory or immune problems.

Are you suggesting we should let people die?

Everyone is going to get covid 19, now, July, Dec or in years to follow

some will die as a result, we can do very little to stop this

Best we can do is slow the spread to give ICU more capacity

Whilst doing that we are crippling the economy that provides all those services

In AU there are many ways to die and viruses make up very few, even at worst predictions it wouldnt be the highest

A 10% increase in suicides will kill more than the flu so far.

If you think being jobless or bankrupt and locked at home indefinitely wont achieve that?

• Like 2

Did you read it before you posted it?

The story talks about letting the over-70s die in favour of a better economic outcome for the younger community.

However, if you look on the Commonwealth and State Government sites you'd notice that Covid-19 is killing younger people too, and that's probably because we have a lot of young people with respitory or immune problems.

Are you suggesting we should let people die?

I read it all right, seems like it’s some people’s ideas and the great media has reported it. It’s obvious an agenda coming from somewhere? Us old people are a drain on the public purse with pensions, health care cards, clogging up the public health care system. As I have said before.....I have NO faith in any Govt to really care, nor many other human beings. These days it’s every man for himself it seems:-( Well, II will take my chances for as long as I can, no other choice.

• Like 1

As I mentioned only just a few posts ago, the powers of the Chief health officers and Chief Medical officer cease as soon as the State of Emergency expires.

Government then goes back to running all aspects of the Country, States and Territories.

However it wouldn't surprise me to find people posting that aliens have been watching us ready to take over.

The Aliens did a risk assessment on ‘us’ and decided earth is a waste of space, so they have gone looking elsewhere:-)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Everyone is going to get covid 19, now, July, Dec or in years to follow

some will die as a result, we can do very little to stop this

Best we can do is slow the spread to give ICU more capacity

Whilst doing that we are crippling the economy that provides all those services

In AU there are many ways to die and viruses make up very few, even at worst predictions it wouldnt be the highest

A 10% increase in suicides will kill more than the flu so far.

If you think being jobless or bankrupt and locked at home indefinitely wont achieve that?

Maybe it all has to get far worse, who knows what course this Pandemic can take? Look at history, not a good look as far as Pandemics go? Personally, I would rather a War to deal with, IF there was a choice.

Aussies are much more likely to follow the rules than the stereotypical American, who seems to value his personal rights above the good of the wider community. Was our more community-minded nature beaten into us a couple of centuries ago?

What role did press-gangs have in the development of our national character? It always appalled me that our innocent forefathers could be roughly rounded up and forced to become crew for one of His Magesty's ships.

That they would grudgingly accept their fate (and the lash for those who didn't) must be a significant aspect of our country's DNA.

Maybe the aliens have already been here for eons; one theory is that viruses came from outer space.

Nah nah, you don’t keep up with it all, it’s them 5G phone towers doncha know:-)

How do you make a law that says "you can do what you like as long as you do it with scientific knowledge and paying heed to turb's comments about doorknobs etc."

Well that's exactly the law I would agree with. I don't want to stop fools doing their thing, and i reckon that with precautions, we can protect ourselves from the fools. The government could restrict itself to helping those who want to do just this.

Here's my take on dangerous activities... being inactive is 4 times as risky as flying, for Australian males in their 60's.

• Like 3

There used to be survival of the fittest. Now we have survival of the fattest. It is all to keep people in poor health alive longer. One of the first things they are talking about easing restrictions on in Qld is In vitro fertilisation. This whole problem s brought about by too many people on this earth. the last thing we need is more kids to parents who cannot produce them naturally.

• Agree 3

There used to be survival of the fittest. Now we have survival of the fattest. It is all to keep people in poor health alive longer. One of the first things they are talking about easing restrictions on in Qld is In vitro fertilisation. This whole problem s brought about by too many people on this earth. the last thing we need is more kids to parents who cannot produce them naturally.

Like about 2 billion too many:-) Soylent Green comes to mind.......

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/

• Like 1

If you talk about quality of life, being childless gives more of a certainty. Result.. the Intelligent don't breed. The rest probably don't know what causes it or they want their own brand of farm Labourers. Nev

• Like 2

If you talk about quality of life, being childless gives more of a certainty. Result.. the Intelligent don't breed. The rest probably don't know what causes it or they want their own brand of farm Labourers. Nev

I like that?

Often the lower socio-economic folk in our society breed like rabbits, why is that??

• Like 1