latest in flying car design

Yes, once upon a time i too thought of the amazing "this will change everything" flying car.... then i became an aviator and have not thought about it any at all since... 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Winner 1

Never mind the purchase price, think of the overheads (no pun). Twice the registration fees, twice the cost of insurance. And which standard do you use for service and replacement parts - el cheapo car parts because it's a car, or fully certified and traceable aircraft parts because it's an aeroplane?

It would be a game man who decided to build an amphibious flying car.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old man emu said:

Never mind the purchase price, think of the overheads (no pun). Twice the registration fees, twice the cost of insurance. And which standard do you use for service and replacement parts - el cheapo car parts because it's a car, or fully certified and traceable aircraft parts because it's an aeroplane?

It would be a game man who decided to build an amphibious flying car.   

Will only consider buying one if its named "Catfish"... and it has to be able to burrow into the ground...

so lets get this right... we drive to an airfield or paddock, get out the car, do our DI each time... fly to somewhere, pack it all away, and drive again; look for parking space??? ....  🤔... UBER!!!! 😊

Edited by Area-51
  • Like 1

call me a dinosaur but I can't see how a car (a 2 dimensional thing) can ever be a flying car (a 3 dimensional thing) - a flying car for the masses

(I mean you've just picked up Pizza - all the drones could not fly that 24 hour period) so it was a drive / flight to the Pizza shop and it was time to get home ............ quick

case in point - insurance claims for cars - some good ones such as below:

1. “Going to work at 7am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early..”
  2. “I knew the dog was possessive about the car but I would not have asked her to drive it if I had thought there was any risk.”
  3. “I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way”
  4. “The pedestrian had no idea which way to run as I ran over him.
  5. “Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have.”

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, pmccarthy said:

Number 5 sounds like me. Taxying from my neighbour's hangar apron, I collided with a marker cone I don't have.

No good deed goes unpunished.....

Mine was " a mob of kangaroos jumped acrooss the road into my bullbar " .

Only five dead , I'm lucky it wasn't people jumping in front of my car , on the notorious Mitchell hwy .

( between Burke  & Dubbo ) . No queries from the insurance over that claim. 

spacesailor