Homebuilt crash in WA. 21/10/2023.

7 hours ago, onetrack said:

Notice how all these craft are shown operating over relatively smooth water? I wouldn't like to be on one that encountered reasonable-sized waves. Even flying boats are limited as regards wave height when landing or taking off.

...and also calm conditions.

Hey Guys

The vessel cost $10000 all included for its first test flight, after that about 8k has been spent on other improvements. Its a 300 hour jab engine from Bundaberg I got cheap.

Smooth water is required but it can operate once airborne in 3m swell.

The vessel is very stable however in Gusty conditions you do feel a good amount of yaw while correcting in changes in roll.

The vessel can be operated in any waterway subject to boating laws.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 4

On 22/10/2023 at 11:22 AM, onetrack said:

There's an 8 kt speed limit over the whole of Perth Water, apart from the high speed watersports area near South Perth and the Narrows Bridge.

https://www.rowingwa.asn.au/our-regattas/boat-rowing-safety/#:~:text=Changes to Swan %26 Canning Riverpark (as %40 August 2021)&text=an 8 knot speed limit,area near the Matagarup Bridge

i test drove a boat there with a dealer from fremantle and we went flat out , that was years ago though. in the mudskipper video there is a boat speeding past in the background.

On 22/10/2023 at 8:22 AM, onetrack said:

There's an 8 kt speed limit over the whole of Perth Water, apart from the high speed watersports area near South Perth and the Narrows Bridge.

https://www.rowingwa.asn.au/our-regattas/boat-rowing-safety/#:~:text=Changes to Swan %26 Canning Riverpark (as %40 August 2021)&text=an 8 knot speed limit,area near the Matagarup Bridge

The link you posted is not showing all of the swan river water park. Your link just looks at south Perth area. Look at the map that would be to the left

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BrendAn said:

i test drove a boat there with a dealer from fremantle and we went flat out , that was years ago though. in the mudskipper video there is a boat speeding past in the background.

The boat speeding past in the background is most likely operating in the high speed watersports area. I've done enough boating on the Swan River to know where the speed limits are.

Perth Water is between the Esplanade and South Perth. Melville Water is a different patch of water again, West of the Narrows bridge. Melville Water is open water.

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, onetrack said:

The boat speeding past in the background is most likely operating in the high speed watersports area. I've done enough boating on the Swan River to know where the speed limits are.

Perth Water is between the Esplanade and South Perth. Melville Water is a different patch of water again, West of the Narrows bridge. Melville Water is open water.

Maybe you need to confirm where I operate vessel first. I don't understand how you think it's operating in the area near the city 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, onetrack said:

My apologies, the videos and news articles made it look like you were operating on Perth Water.

Thanks I accept your apology too.😁

• Like 1