Dynamic Prop Balance

Last time (about 6 years ago) I had a dynamic balance done, it was at (SuperAir ?) Armidale NSW. 

With the  new aircraft flying well and "bugs" sorted, I would like to do a dynamic balance - I seek your recommendation for a (preferably NSW) propeller dynamic balance service provider. 

I will be flying out of The Oaks NSW.

Wow! 105 views and not a single reply.

• Is this some sort of record ??
  • Is the aviation industry in such a parlous state that no business is offering this service??

8 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

• Is the aviation industry in such a parlous state that no business is offering this service??

No, we normally google it.

• Haha 1

you can get it done on the Gold Coast, I didn't mention it because I thought they would be places closer.

I know there is a dynamic balancing system for sale the model is a DynaVibe,  according to the listing it is only being used about 10 times and works perfectly keeping fantastic results.

Let me know if you're interested and I will pass on the advertisement

• Like 1

There was a bloke at the Cessnock club doing them 7 or 8 years ago. Not sure that’s terribly useful information though…

3 minutes ago, turboplanner said:

No, we normally google it.

"I seek your recommendation ....................................." 

Having a recommendation, for a service, from fellow aviators means a lot to me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

Best ask an L2 or L4 or Lame at the Oaks who they recommend; you must have plenty of connections there that will know.  Re Dyna vibes they work good; I have two available up here (they are not available for rent though.)

Edited by Blueadventures
  • Like 1

Just now, Blueadventures said:

Best ask an L2 or L4 or Lame at the Oaks who they recommend; you must have plenty of connections there that will know.  Re Dyna vibes they work good; we have two available up here.

Having been down this particular track several years ago - no one at The Oaks seems to want/had done a dynamic balance.

There could be someone at Wedderburn/Nappa Field - will contact their President 

9 minutes ago, sfGnome said:

There was a bloke at the Cessnock club doing them 7 or 8 years ago. Not sure that’s terribly useful information though…

Yeah!  A friend told me that yesterday - he is trying to find a contact for me.

32 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

"I seek your recommendation ....................................." 

Having a recommendation, for a service, from fellow aviators means a lot to me.

Google will pick up aviators all over Australia who don't use forums.

However, be prepared; whole industries have been wiped out by poor business during Covid and poorer business in the last year because a whole section of the community is scratching to buy their groceries. In Melbourne all sorts of small businesses in engineering, sheetmetal, mechanical, etc have been closing down shop by shop.

• Informative 1

34 minutes ago, Kyle Communications said:

I have a dynavibe..they work well. Bought it secondhand for about 1200 quite a few years ago now.

Hi Kyle,

That's interesting.

How often do you use it on your own aircraft? (would you consider the investment to be a good one?)

Others?

Are you open to doing a service on my aircraft?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FlyBoy1960 said:

you can get it done on the Gold Coast, I didn't mention it because I thought they would be places closer.

I know there is a dynamic balancing system for sale the model is a DynaVibe,  according to the listing it is only being used about 10 times and works perfectly keeping fantastic results.

Let me know if you're interested and I will pass on the advertisement

Hi FlyBoy,

You may not have seen my earlier response - Yes I am intersted. Please forward the advertisement/contact details

I bought it to keep my bolly at the time in good nick for the engine. It has balanced quite a lot of engines now since I have had it. I have a L2 that borrows it a bit when servicing some aircraft even GA ones it has done. It was probably some overkill really for just my aircraft but at the time I was a bit flush and could spare the cost without a second thought.

I of course do Eprop and they are all prebalanced but I dont think I would ever sell it. Its what I class as "test equipment"...There are some things I will never sell. That is all my very expensive RF test equipment and other electronic test gear also my lathe and my CNC Mill..There are some things once you manage to either fund or beg borrow or steal that you end up never selling. They only go when they are broken beyond repair or its by the execetor of your will....I think its a thing that most radio techs do. I bet if you ask RFGuy he doesnt get rid of his prized test equipment even if you only use it once a year 🙂

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

Hi FlyBoy,

You may not have seen my earlier response - Yes I am intersted. Please forward the advertisement/contact details

Just reached out for the details thisafternoon, i wil know by tomorrow price, seller details and phone etc.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2024 at 7:53 PM, FlyBoy1960 said:

Just reached out for the details thisafternoon, i wil know by tomorrow price, seller details and phone etc.

Dynavibe evaporated ????

44 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

Oh!

Problemo! - don't seem to be able to find "private messages" to me.

You know the ones from Samantha or Sally who loves flying and would like to be your friend.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

Despite all the help (thanks Onetrack & ? for Turbs🙂) still no message from you Flyboy - if continued problems will provide email address.

13 hours ago, FlyBoy1960 said:

Please check your private messages, i sent the info as promised

Edited by skippydiesel

I find it astonishing that almost no one can recomend a good (private/commercial) prop balancing service. I presume this must mean a lot of unbalanced propellers out there.

4 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

I find it astonishing that almost no one can recomend a good (private/commercial) prop balancing service. I presume this must mean a lot of unbalanced propellers out there.

I believe Beal Aircraft Maintenance, Dubbo can do it.

• Like 1