Group G - 700 Expressions Of Interest - Oh My!

walrus

The latest RAA Email suggests that there is a pent up demand for Group G - 700 expressions of interest I believe.  RAA is now in the process of reviewing its time table to cater for the demand.

What does this tell us about the state of Aviation regulation in Australia?

15 minutes ago, walrus said:

The latest RAA Email suggests that there is a pent up demand for Group G - 700 expressions of interest I believe.  RAA is now in the process of reviewing its time table to cater for the demand.

What does this tell us about the state of Aviation regulation in Australia?

You should be able to calculate that Sunny, it amounts to a 21.5% increase in RA aircraft if every enquiry converts to an aircraft.

The way these things go, from initial enquiry to actual conversion, my rough guess would be about a 2% actual change in aircraft numbers.

Well, way above what I thought it would be. Watch Cessna 150’s go up in value? 

5 hours ago, jackc said:

Well, way above what I thought it would be. Watch Cessna 150’s go up in value? 

Not sure many C150,152 will change camps now that class 5 medical is available. If the engine is "on condition" and many would be, the Cessna can be used by or cross hired to a casa  flying school with with VH registration. This has not been allowed in RAAus. Cost to repaint (many have huge letters under wing), annual fees and no reduction in regulation is what I see. My RV6a is eligible for group G, I have no interest.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Basic 5 med is a motivation to convert to RPL.

Then you can fly most 4 seaters (with 1 passenger).

Also a chance to get your CTA endorsement earlier.

Unless the LAME maintenance changes, group G is on its last legs and it has not offically started yet.

Edited by BurnieM
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, BurnieM said:

Basic 5 med is a motivation to convert to RPL.

Then you can fly most 4 seaters (with 1 passenger).

Also a chance to get your CTA endorsement earlier.

Unless the LAME maintenance changes, group G is on its last legs and it has not offically started yet.

Agree, class 5 is helpful when those are waiting their class 2 decision. So when /  if they get class two back can carry more than 1 pax.  If change to RAA will always be 2 up.

• Informative 1