AVIATION AND MOTORCYCLES

Captain

(.... and the Port MacQ - Walcha - Tamworth road is one of the best bike roads in NSW.)

unless you get stuck behine a army of harley boat anchor riders who refuse to travel at a speed anywhere near resembling the speed limit! and slow to

a walking pace to go around a corner.068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif (sorry if i offend any harley riders, its not intentional)

that annoys me no end. even wrose when im in my RX7, fantastic cornering speed, but not enough punch to our drag race the harleys to the next corner..:black_eye:

Ultralights

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian said "I'M STILL HOOKED ON THAT SNIFFER."

This is our administrator :confused:?? Now we know how he manages to get by with so little sleep. And did I see him rambling on about rekindling an old affair just moments after assuring us he's happily married :ah_oh:. I wonder if one of the forum moderators should begin censoring his posts 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif?Keep an eye out forthese "sniffers" in the shop smiley36.gif.

Rob, if you're looking for an ultimate ride take a circuit from Cooma through Jindabyne, the Alpine Way to Khancoban, on to Towong, Jingellic and Tumbarrumba for lunch. Then back to Cooma via the Elliot Way through Cabramurra and Adaminaby. About 400km and nearly all on the lean, almost as good a flying when doing this trip on the Kwaka GTR and most of the trip w/out fear of siting a cop (sorry Vigilant, please stay at home).

Paul

Ahhh yes, i have done that trip a few times, more times when it was an unsealed road, i dont have to worry too much about the police, my partner is one, and being their driver trainer, most highway patrolers recognise her.

i have not done that road on 2 wheels though. might have to this summer!

Howdy

I have a Yamaha FJ1200 tis a bit old & heavy but I love it...It may have to be sold off to help finance a kit I would like to build....

Paul

Don't be too hard on Ian. He has been away and may have a severe case of MSB ... which makes clear thinking very difficult.

I put in long stints at remote minesites in my early days and know the symptoms well.

While this does not apply to our esteemed Administrator, I have just thought of an old proverb which makes me chuckle ... "That manis borne with a brain and a penis, both requiring a good blood supply to operate a peak efficiency, however our systems only have enough blood to use them one at a time."

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Paul & Cap't - just one question - what is MSB (perhaps you should PM me on that ;) ) - just think of the airfares I would save if I still had that sniffer 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

You just gotta have a laugh every now and then

Quick...gotta go now,HEY CORRINE......COME BACK HERE.....

We've strayed a fair way away from Motorcycles .... which are better than sex, anyway, and are only bettered by various forms of aviation.

Perhaps we should undertake a poll to see what forum members prefer ..... and I'd like to make it clear that I'm not advocating abstainance from any of them.

Regards Geoff Captain

Bruce - the Ossa is a trials bike from the era of the Bultaco Sherpa T (Sammy Miller) and the Montesa Cota. Mick Andrews was world champion on the Ossa then defected to Yamaha to produce the first TY250 which was almost a straight lift of the Ossa.

Here's my old beast.

[ATTACH]441[/ATTACH]

This photo is circa 1979 - sorry about the quality. It's a scan of an old photo I found lying around.

Don't ask what my friend is doing to my other friend - focus on the bike.

This was during a 7 week trip up the center to Darwin and around the top to Perth and back to Canberra when there was a lot of dirt and bulldust to negotiate.

I still have her (the bike) but she needs a rebuild.

Those were the days.

Here's one where Azaria was killed a month later.

[ATTACH]442[/ATTACH]

I saw how agro the dingos were in the campsite.

I believed.

Ross

20061018_032141_bmw.thumb.jpg.1314bd911490120d7775866013eb5211.jpg

20061018_033442_uluru.jpg.8a067a79d5a91770452c96bc7bd21073.jpg

(.... and the Port MacQ - Walcha - Tamworth road is one of the best bike roads in NSW.)

unless you get stuck behine a army of harley boat anchor riders who refuse to travel at a speed anywhere near resembling the speed limit! and slow to a walking pace to go around a corner.068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif (sorry if i offend any harley riders, its not intentional)

that annoys me no end. even wrose when im in my RX7, fantastic cornering speed, but not enough punch to our drag race the harleys to the next corner..:black_eye:

unless you get stuck behine a army of harley boat anchor riders who refuse to travel at a speed anywhere near resembling the speed limit! and slow to a walking pace to go around a corner.068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif (sorry if i offend any harley riders, its not intentional)

I'm a Harley rider, but not offended. Just thought I'd point out that there are2 types of harley rider, There is the majority which are RUBS(rich urban bikers.....usually older ,richer and haven't riden for years and couldn't ride in the first place ) Then there Harley riders.A well set up Harley can surprise a few sports bikes in the twisties. I'm the first to admit they are no R1, they were never designed as such.

I don't know if I'm biased or not , but I've owned Harleys continually for about 32years, I might add in that time I've alsoowned a couple of BM's aZ1, T500's , A '69 Bonney and a few others as well as a lot of dirt bikes

I just find flying is like riding a bike , only it's in 3Dwith a lot less Idiots to get in your way especially out here except goanna tours

Yep another motorcycle nut!!! I ride when I cant fly, I am just as silly on a bike as well!

Yamaha Virago XV 1000 (have a sidecar to fit later for the family)

Yamaha XT 500

Honda XR 75

Honda CT 125

Bikes and planes fit into the same catagory in many ways, you have got to be a little insane to enjoy them both.

Knighty