Why do lots of people dislike jabirus

Guest Pioneer200

Guest brentc

The Jab valves don't stretch! they pull into the seats and destroy both the valve flat contact surface and seats.

People who don't like Jabs are just stuck-up losers. There, I said it!

Tecnams aren't as good as everyone says and their after sales support is a little below par. Imagine if it took 6 months to get Jabiru parts!

Add to the list of pro's for the Jabiru the availability of parts. Availbility and timely supply of parts / consumables for an aircraft can make or break a flying school.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Extract.........Years ago I was a Jabiru critic, and now I own one. They have changed and improved. (as they should if they want to succeed).....Harthy

Says it all....

People who don't like Jabs are just stuck-up losers. There, I said it!

What was that comment that Facthunter made, Jabiru owners are a little precious.031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Guest brentc

Nev is a princess from wayback. Don't listen to him. If it doesn't have a lycoming he's not interested.

response.

I shouldn't but I will. Brent c, you don't recognise a supporter when it hits you in the face. Your response proves my assertion about the jabiru people (some) being a little precious. You wouldn't know me from a bar of soap, so let us leave it at that.. Nev.

Guest brentc

Sorry Nev, I struck a nerve, it was meant to be sarcasm. I certainly DO know you and have spoken to you on a number of occasions, you just didn't realise who you were speaking to. I meant to chat to you at Kyneton the other day but my fellow flyers headed out quickly and I didn't get a chance.

Guest Maj Millard

Now we're having fun !!.............................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Availbility and timely supply of parts / consumables for an aircraft can make or break a flying school.

this is the exact reason i am buying a Jabiru over anything else, our school operates both Tecnam and Jabirus, when the Tecnam goes U/S, it takes weeks to get parts, the jab on the other hand, is usually fixed overnight if parts can be sourced locally (bunnings, repco etc) or usually a day or 2 direct from Jabiru.

You Guys just don't Get BrentC's sense of humor....(I hope)

That is a very common problem with email and message boards, jokes and sarcasm just do not come across. that is why we have emoticons, they help, a little! :-)

Guest Ken deVos
Now we're having fun !!.............................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif but I'm a bit bored at the moment and, just for fun :big_grin:, thought I would add appropriate words in some well known signatures.....

"Foolish is the person who attempts to rush the art of flying a JABIRU"

"He loves the JABIRU in spite of what it did to him."

"Growing old is mandatory, But flying a JABIRU is 100% optional"

"You'll never stop learning if you fly a JABIRU"

"Up Is still up even when your upside down in a JABIRU"

"When flying a JABIRU, more than anything else the sensation is one of perfect peace

mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost,

if you can conceive of such a combination."

and my favorite .......

"Flying a JABIRU should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention

of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, joystick in one hand,

scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up,

totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

OK, back to work and 099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Well done Ken, I love it............................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

PS: I can think of others but I won't, they're a little sensitive at the moment.

Guest pelorus32

Ken,

I think you're seriously in the running for Post of the Week!!!

What do you mean there isn't an award for that? There should be....

Regards

Mike

Guest pelorus32
Sorry Nev, I struck a nerve, it was meant to be sarcasm.[snip]

Two quotes for you Brent:

First my old grannie: "Don't be sarcastic dear, it's the lowest form of wit"

Large copper with a very broad Yorkshire accent: "don't be sarcastic love, it don't become you"

Either is fantastic advice.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Regards

Mike

i have flown both the tecnam(p2002) and the jab.... I now own a j170.. Question answered?Even if the tecnam were the same price as the jab, i would still have picked the jabiru.

Kev

hi every one. I got my auf certificate back in 1997 in a lsa 55 jabiru. I loved flying it, but i have not flown one since 1999. I think people are put off by jabiru' s due to their being alot of engine defects continuously appearing in auf/raa magazines over the years. I personaly think their a more defects appearing because their are a lot more of them flying. I fly the technam golf/echo because at six foot i find them comfortble to fit in.

Belatedly.

Sorry brent c, I have been away from the computer. Would like to have got in touch with you at Kyneton. Met Ken ( de Vos) and Pelorus there but got sidetracked with Murray Wallace, later in the day.

Anyhow, don't worry about it. I'm not holding any grudges and I have said my piece. It is hard to get the subtlties?? across on the forum, and on this subject " The adoration, or otherwise, of the JABIRU". I am constantly amused at the polarisation of opinion. I do try to be even-handed so I was peeved somewhat ,but let me assure you that I am over it Regards Nev

I've done some serious laps around the country in a 160 and a 170 and love them. The airframe is tough and can handle 'marginal' surfaces and is fairly easy to fly. They do have cooling problems above the 34 degree mark but the rotax is has the same problems.

Parts are easy to get your hands on with a visit to super cheap if you need a filter and plugs.

I've had one partial engine failure in the circuit but the engine had done almost it's full 1000hrs. Landed without any issues but it basically dropped a piston which gave me a few more grey hairs.

My perfect aircraft would be a 230 with a wide cockpit like the 160 or 170. Gear plus a rather large pilot. :)

Guest watto

Lets throw out the tarp and the jelly and sort this out once and for all !!!

hahahaha just kidding, this is great though, a good debate I must say!

Watto

Guest Maj Millard

It's Holden and Furd, nobodys going to win, but it has been fun stirring up the Jabbawockys !....and it did produce that great post by KEN.................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif