Registration Renewals

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Maj Millard
I don't see anything on registration renewals here recently. Has this ongoing problem eventually been sorted?

Short answer Frank ...yes, and very significantly from what I 'm led to believe. Watch this space and look foward to our new CEOs introductory column in the magazine.......as with anything of course it may take some time to work through the system...........Maj....

FYI

Rego renewal received by RAA 4th June

Rego Exp 18th June

Rego processed 11th July (email received and payment processed)

Processing time 37 days

Rego expires 11th July 2015

• Informative 2

No the problem definitely not solved, renewal sent 3 weeks ago, 1 week before expiry, still being told minimum 5 weeks to renew. Wont even look up the progress on my aircraft.

Asked what the issue is and just told there was oversights last year and theres alot more checks to do this year

Nothing special, just a 19 reg jabiru, had three trips planned for this month

• Haha 1

I got the run around last yr, weeks over expired, surely this yr my rego will be straight forward.

If......it again goes pearshaped, then we need to replace the resident paper shufflers, they have been in place right through this ongoing rubbish. ( bring on self managed digital data management, then any errors are of my own making..... Spoke of this previously.)

Judging by the minimal problems reported above, probably no need to fix something that ain't broke and congratulations to RAA staff for a very difficult job well done.

Hardly proof that the problem has been solved...still waiting to fly, perfect weather and no rego. Last year waited 3 months this year I am told up to 2 months. They have had over 12 months to sort this out, this is not a mum and dad company, this is a huge entity collecting millions of dollars from consumers who should expect better performance than that.

If it sounds like a rant it is because I like many others are sick of the time it takes to re register when all the boxes were ticked last year. If the process takes 2 months then send out the renewals that far in advance so that the process can be seamless.

• Agree 3

Roughly 4000........ Whatever you think, ( my guess.....it's a lot less ) but this ongoing ......ongoing run around after updated info was submitted last yr, still perpetuates. Go figure.

Not for one minute, do I believe it is isolated to just a mere handful of owners. Voicing that inference is rediculous.

How many factually............who knows.......I'll bet, it's a lot. ( and quietly p!ssed off )

How about when payment is received Raa, an immediate interim renewal is sent off to owner, pending processing, and gives validation for 60 days......( being hung out to dry, and waiting in limbo for the current system to ??? Is a tad annoying..... I'm being polite )

• Agree 2

Closer to 3,500 aircraft registered. There are still plenty of symptoms to show that RA-Aus is not on top of the problem yet. The parlous situation we have now is not the fault of the current Tech Manager who inherited a comprehensive mess made less messy by his immediate predecessor. Nor is it the problem of the new CEO. The current Board Executive are all fairly new to the Board and have been the Executive for about 9 months. The problems we have with Rego originated before any of the current Exec were even on the Board.

I'm happy to take the Major's advice that things are about to improve dramatically, He doesn't need to guess.

• Agree 1

Three out of 10,000 reporting a problem so far.

I'll add one I deal with to the list, stock standard Foxbat, filled out everything in duplicate last year, and took around six weeks.

This year, got the usual four weeks notice, update the numbers, send in the paperwork and then get told turnaround is six weeks still bomb.gif.8dfedc171d37efc22ba0dd32e933ffc0.gif.

The six weeks has past and still no rego!!? 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif.

Wouldn't have minded if winter had set in as expected, but after all the howling gales the last two months, now the weather is great, and I can't instruct..

(Can't find head banging on wall smiley 013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif)

Guest Andys@coffs

When you guys are uptight enough to vote them out because in your opinion enough time has passed that the problems they inherited are now by carriage of time their problems and they haven't solved them.

Its my own view, and each will have a different one, that we need to let the new CEO slot in and start to act, again my view the board wont solve this problem the CEO will. Tech man is an operational guy working within the constraints of processes he has to follow, CEO is the big picture guy who can and should look at those processes, weep for the lack of modern IT in the processes and then get to work to change them, which may take advantage of modern IT or may just sidestep the shuffling issue altogether. Board and CEO may well have a common vision, but only the CEO can make it so.

The issue from my perspective is that a charge that was levied against past boards was secrecy, I wish this one would communicate more regarding intent and progress, we are members not just the general public and I want more info regarding deliberations and directions. Its one thing to be impacted by a 6 week delay, its another to be impacted but with a clear understanding on what is being done to make such delays a thing of the past ideally, or what the board is considering for change if such a clear direction is not yet formulated. I want to understand that my concerns and their concern's are common where possible and timely (and a magazine IMHO doesn't meet the timelines for me to be timely in this day and age)

Andy

In jubilant news, after waiting almost 4 weeks, I received new set of rego documents claiming they have noticed my reg has lapsed and this is final notice to renew!!

In jubilant news, after waiting almost 4 weeks, I received new set of rego documents claiming they have noticed my reg has lapsed and this is final notice to renew!!

That happens to me too, ide just received rego card and the next day got the overdue notice , same with my licence , they are both due in the same month.

That's twice the paper work!

Mike