Cabernet Sauvignon - Health Alert ! !

Phil Perry

This Health Alert applies to all ages!

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?

Do you suffer from shyness?

Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about Cabernet Sauvignon.

Cabernet Sauvignon is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself and your actions. It can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Cabernet Sauvignon almost immediately and, with a regimen of regular doses, you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past and you will discover many talents you never knew you had. Stop hiding and start living.

Cabernet Sauvignon may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use it. However, women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.

Side effects may include:

Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity, delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire to sing Karaoke and play all-night rounds of Strip Poker, Truth Or Dare, and Naked Twister.

Warnings:

The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.

The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may cause you to think you can sing.

The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Please feel free to share this important information with as many people as you feel may benefit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Merrrrrrrrrllllllloooooooooooot. ...... Very smoothI can sing as good as Elvis!

OK, if you like bloody Elvis. . .go and listen to my mate Les Swazzo on DOOWOPCOVE.COM he's based in New Jersey, and runs an internet only "Oldies Music" radio station. Great fun.

And you can stick your Merlot mate, too earthy,. . . .although I must admit that I tried some Banrock Station stuff last week and it wassssssn't toooooooo bad ! ! ! !

I have heard that it is addictive, so to prevent that I vary mu tipple. Cab Sav, Shiraz, and best of all Durif.

Yenn mate,. . .I Agree with that one, . . .I've had a hell of a week tooing and fro ing at the care home where Mother in law is teetering on the edge, she's 89 and a bloody tough old bird. She lost her marbles four years ago and just REFUSES to kick the bucket. The missus wants to be there when she does, ( ? ) I'd rather remember the woman the way she was,. . .wicked sense of humour and a great lady. . . . anyway, we are travelling the 2 mile journey four times daily to sit wit her as she battles on. . . . . . .while we were on holiday in Greece with her a few years ago, she saw a poor bloke in a wheelchair dribbling all over the place and said to me,. . ." If I ever get like that. . . . shoot me" But you can't do that can you,. . .the missis would never forgive me, and the neighbours would complain about the noise and I've only got a black powder pistol, and a blaclk powder rifle,. . .which means the whole nursing home would have a coating of blacky soot. . . . . I'd never get away with it mate. . . .

ANYWAY, . . . . .TO THE POINT OF MY RESPONSE ( you knew I'd get there eventually didn'tcha ) I said to the old bat when we got home, "I could do with a stiff bloody drink". . .she says," well, what about the vodka I bought you for Christmas ? " . . . ( I forgot that,. . .so I'm sampling it as I type . . . . I'd like to tell you what brand it is, but my keyboard doesn't type in Russian . . . . ) it says 1894 on the bottle, but I dunno if that's what it cost in Roubles. . . . .

• Haha 1
  • Helpful 1

The thing I like about most Cab Sav's is that you can throw them in the wine rack and they'll improve over 10 years.

Note that this is theoretical as I've never left them there that long...

Phil. I know how you feel with Mother in law. mine is in Abergavenny, also lost her marbles, but can put on a very sane act for a short while with strangers. ie she can fool the doctors and me. She however is going on 103, we didn't think she would make 100 at one stage, now we just don't know. Hard on my Sister in law.

The thing I like about most Cab Sav's is that you can throw them in the wine rack and they'll improve over 10 years.Note that this is theoretical as I've never left them there that long...

I've recently seen a wooden bottle advertised on the web, which - it is alleged - will age wine in a couple of days improving the taste as well,. . .and that it works aslo with brandy . . . . . save you having to wait ten years. . .?

Phil. I know how you feel with Mother in law. mine is in Abergavenny, also lost her marbles, but can put on a very sane act for a short while with strangers. ie she can fool the doctors and me. She however is going on 103, we didn't think she would make 100 at one stage, now we just don't know. Hard on my Sister in law.

It IS hard on the family, my Brother in law just doesn't want to let go, he had her transported to hospital 2 days ago for re-hydration, as she can no longer swallow fluids, the Consultant Doc said that they would only do it once, for 24 hrs, and suggested we just keep the old girl comfortable . . . Very sad business.

On another tack,. . . I notice your home llabel is Benarby, is that near Rockhampton, or Gladstone ?. .I know we drove up through Benarby the first year we arrived in Oz,. . .having a bit of alook around the place whilst we lived in a Melbourne suberb ( Vermont ) Hell of a long drive, me being more used to a place half the size of Victoria ! !

That Pete the plonker, famous QLD pollie. Just google him

Thanks FT, I did and had a good laugh.

One of the best comments on a news article is "It gives a whole new meaning to Coq au vin!"

• Haha 2

I was shocked to see my beautiful divorced neighbour knocking on my door one Friday evening.

"I'm so horny that I can't stand it." she said. "I want to go out, get drunk and get laid.

Are you free tonight?"

"Yes!" I replied enthusiastically.

"Wonderful." she said. "Would you watch my kids?"

• Winner 2

Benaraby it is, just S of Gladstone. I don't know Vermont in Melbourne. I lived in Heidelberg many years ago and just recently drove round 3 sides of Melb. in the morning rush hour. They say Melbourne is the most liveable city in Aus. It didn't look liveable to me, even Toorak was wall to wall, stationary traffic. Reminded me of the M25.

• Like 1

Traffic jam in Toorak mate ? ? ? Geez,. . I thought the proles were not allowed to drive thru there,. . when I lived in Vermont ( abt 26k out from Melb. central in the Eastern suburbs ) I thought that Toorak was exclusively populated by TV moguls, other Rich Luvvies and Pollies. . . . .?

OK on Benarby, . . .is your airfield comfotably nearby I wonder,. . .mind you. I used to drive quite a distance to fly at Casey Airfield at Berwick, and didn't mind that at all !! Much more friendly place than Moorabbin back then . . . I'll have to reload Goggle Earth onto this lappie and have a look around OZ to bring back fond memories ! Phil

• 3 weeks later...

ABERGAVENNY . . . .a close friend of mine went down there this morning,. . .he decodes and recodes car keys, and the local council had all of the vehicles broken into over last weekend, and most of the keys stolen too,. . . he and his buddy have got to change the ignition barrels on the damaged ones, and supply a load of new keys, 2 per vehicle,. . should be a good earner. Anyway, sorry to hear your Mother in Law is in a care home, . . as you may have seen from my posts, my Mother in Law died on April 1st, and the funeral is next week. I got her age wrong though, she was just shy of 92 by a few weeks,. . .so in the main, she had a bloody good innings, only spoiled by the Alzheimers over the last three years. I TRULY hope that I may retain my marbles when I'm 88,. . . . .that's assuming none of the rest of it chucks in the towel before that !

Anyway, I'm glad my mae Pete has got a bit of work, he used to build and repair computer system units, but with the advent of the iPAD . . .the system unit seems to be drifting rapidly into the history books. . . I may have mentioned this bloke in other posts,. . .he is an utter whizzkid with computers, has only one arm due to bone cancer, and only one and a half feet,. . . . . yet he is one of the most cheerful and optimistic people I have ever known. Anyway,. . .digression R us.

Phil

only spoiled by the Alzheimers over the last three years.Phil

Don't knock Alzheimers, every day is Christmas and you get to hide your own Easter Eggs.

• Haha 2

Hi Phil,

I'm from Vermont, off Morack Rd near the secondary college. Casey Field went under a few years ago.

If you Google 'Berwick', and look on Google Earth, you can see the old runways, but there is a factory complex, and a campus of Monash University there now. Adjacent to the Princes Freeway Berwick Bypass.

Yes Rods Bay is close to Benaraby, just 17km from home, means I cn drop in there just about anytime.

Abergavenny is where my wife is heading, for Mum in Laws funeral. I didn't want to put up with 24 hours in a cigar tube, so she is on her own.

I have never flown in the UK but can imagine that the Welsh border country would be great from the air.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum-in law mate, when I was there a couple of years ago, it was nothing but rain and fog so you would have been better off enjoying a pint of Watney's warm beer in the pub anyway.