Guess This Aircraft ?

I used to help service one back around 1965 in Edinburgh. Quite a luxurious machine although typical early Beagle, probably heavy for what was  the British equivalent of a C172. Had an interesting, supposedly thrust augmenter exhaust system.

I remember the Beagle 206's at Shoreham at the time I had my very first lesson in an an Auster, and also the Beagle Pup which I thought was really streamlined for it's time. However Beagle's management needed more people that knew what was really needed, so the large scale of sales envisaged sadly never really materialised long term.

4 hours ago, planedriver said:

I remember the Beagle 206's at Shoreham at the time I had my very first lesson in an an Auster, and also the Beagle Pup which I thought was really streamlined for it's time. However Beagle's management needed more people that knew what was really needed, so the large scale of sales envisaged sadly never really materialised long term.

Without wishing to cause too much thread drift I have a story about Beagle. As a young know it all apprentice I visited Rearsby in the very early days of Beagle. I was actually doing an aircraft design course at Loughborough University ( I like telling people that, but it was actually a short course for amateurs held at the University over an Easter weekend!) Anyway, part of it was a visit to Beagle and  I with all my knowledge told them that the Pup, with all it’s stretch formed skins, dissimilar material welding and complex oleo style main undercarriage was too complex to be a success. Strangely I was right. At that time they had two light twins, the B206 and another which was smaller and I don’t think went into production.

• Like 1