The XPB Stage 1 underway.

Already hit the country in Tamworth, on the news last night-“we weren’t stopped only given a piece of paper with advice on isolation”. So what did they do, hop on several trains to Tuggerah and drive home. How many people will have contact infections now. READ THE PAPER AND FOLLOW IT. grown ups shouldn’t have to have their hands held over this. These people raced onto a cruise boat 2 weeks before, so not to miss out on a trip that insurance wouldn’t cover. We were already into this problem at that stage and advised to cancel unnecessary travel.

Now it is just adding to a bigger community problem.

The following is a bit cruder language than I'd use, but sums up this situation:

image.jpeg.e1802d584a9be8f50932e7395be2e22e.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Winner 3

The following is a bit cruder language than I'd use, but sums up this situation:

[ATTACH alt=image.jpeg]51663[/ATTACH]

But Sydney is closing all the bars and restaurants, those Cruise Ship people will be most annoyed ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8145133/Coronavirus-Seven-cruise-ships-dock-Sydney-week.html

Oh update a few hours ago, they won't be allowed off the ships now, what a crock that it took public anger over the Ruby Princess to make this happen.

• Like 1

Prince Charles has just tested positive. Source: BBC News

Yeah I read that today, personally I don't believe it, I think it's a "look anyone can get it" ruse, or intentionally infected to 'take one for the team' for the same reasons, and to humanise the Royals for sympathy. Why would a Royal be mixing at the moment, they have their own personal doctors and medical staff, advisers ect.

Now, gotta go, late for my Flat Earth Group meeting.

Edited by bexrbetter
  • Haha 1

Prince Albert of Monaco, who has become infected with the COVID-19 virus, was at a Wateraid event in London on 10th March, and Prince Charles was in the same room. It's entirely likely they shook hands.

If Phil the Greek manages to pick up the bug, I reckon it will finish him off. He's got one foot in the grave and one on a banana skin, as it is.

The Queen would survive a double dose of the COVID-19 bug, she's going to reach 110, and outlive Prince Charles.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-25/prince-charles-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/12090930

• Agree 1

Prince Albert of Monaco, who has become infected with the COVID-19 virus, was at a Wateraid event in London on 10th March, and Prince Charles was in the same room. It's entirely likely they shook hands.

Don't you ruin my conspiracy theories with facts, bastard.

and one on a banana skin, as it is.

That's a bit rough, she's probably a nice lady ...

Camilla.jpg.4f0a68e50927cdf496af4556a9303502.jpg

• Haha 1

Well I just looked as I'm going to bed, it took 3 months to get to 200,000 cases and 10,000 deaths, it's taken just a further 6 days to double that, 400,000 and 20,000 deaths.

Anyone still think this isn't serious?

Well I just looked as I'm going to bed, it took 3 months to get to 200,000 cases and 10,000 deaths, it's taken just a further 6 days to double that, 400,000 and 20,000 deaths.

Some noisy guy in the States???

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

About 30% of Australians who never got beyond Year 4 in school.

In the next suburb to us, the very active FB group has decided that since all non-essential travel is banned, (like hang,ing out at the beach and continuing to go to the pub, but standing together because it is so yesterday to sit so far apart now that 75% of the chairs and tables have been removed, and with the Premier, with solemn face threatening to go to the Final Solution with Total Lockdown). They will hold Driveway get togethers where someone will supply the booze "and we can all keep our distance".

• Like 1

They grey nomads who don't believe in watch the news or "faceache" etc are out there cruising. South Australia closed its borders this week, and while the low volume crossing at Pinaroo was manned by police, the main highway between Melbourne and Adelaide, where the actual border is about 15 km east of Bordertown a constant stream of caravanners were being checked at the service station in the town, so time to have a cup of coffee, shoot the breeze with the locals, then check in, with the same situation on the Princes Highway in Mount Gambier.

• Like 2

Betoota Advocate is blaming all the people who went to Bondi Beach on Friday for the total lockdown.

If you squint, that accusation makes sense. Arrogant entitled rich people with nothing to do heading down to congregate because they couldn't go to the beach normally. On a normal day work commitments got in the way.

Mix in all the coffee machine drivers and beer pullers that also found themselves idle and you have a recipie for main stream media gold. Unfortunately, the rest of us are under the same martial law

• Like 2

Betoota Advocate is blaming all the people who went to Bondi Beach on Friday for the total lockdown.

If you squint, that accusation makes sense. Arrogant entitled rich people with nothing to do heading down to congregate because they couldn't go to the beach normally. On a normal day work commitments got in the way.

Mix in all the coffee machine drivers and beer pullers that also found themselves idle and you have a recipie for main stream media gold. Unfortunately, the rest of us are under the same martial law

We're not yet in total lockdown, but Stage 2 was directly caused by Bondi and a party where, from memory 28 out of 30 contracted the virus, probably from pressing the same toilet button.

NSW and Victoria are about to go to Stage 3, Total lockdown to your house, not from any discord with the Commonwealth, but because of their spiralling numbers. This allows NT and the small jurisdictions to continue working, becaise its pretty easy to control double digit figures in a small population.

As from midnight last night NZ is in total lockdown. Auckland motorway is normally bumper to bumper & this morning completely deserted. All liquor stores are closed. Supermarkets are open & they sell beer & wine Corner stores called Dairies are open but only 1 customer allowed in at a time. You are allowed to walk around the block or in the park for exercise but must keep a strict 2 metres away from anyone else. There were 4 levels & on Monday they were only at level 2. It went to 3 on Wednesday & the top level 4 last night. This will be in force for a month. They have 205 cases, no new ones in the past 24 hours & no deaths. The attitude seems to be fu#! the economy just do it & move on. We need to get to this point here too. We are acting far too slowly & cases are doubling every 4 days.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

kgwilson, by accident more than design, NZ currently has a Labour government, so not beholden to big business or capitalist ideologies. We have also been fortunate to be relatively late to the covid 19 party, and so able to benefit from the experience of others. And the books were in reasonably good shape. All of which have probably made it easier to make some hard decisions, and drive a very hard line regarding what is an 'essential service'.

As from midnight last night NZ is in total lockdown. Auckland motorway is normally bumper to bumper & this morning completely deserted. All liquor stores are closed. Supermarkets are open & they sell beer & wine Corner stores called Dairies are open but only 1 customer allowed in at a time. You are allowed to walk around the block or in the park for exercise but must keep a strict 2 metres away from anyone else. There were 4 levels & on Monday they were only at level 2. It went to 3 on Wednesday & the top level 4 last night. This will be in force for a month. They have 205 cases, no new ones in the past 24 hours & no deaths. The attitude seems to be fu#! the economy just do it & move on. We need to get to this point here too. We are acting far too slowly & cases are doubling every 4 days.

The only reason we are acting slowly is that Australia doesn't have the ability to provide food for every family every fortnight - yet, but is almost there. Similarly our Medical panel has taken the calculated risk until sterile supplies of medical prescriptions etc can be set up.

Allso there are different compliance demographics, although NZ is reasonably similar to Australia. If we didn't have NSW and Victoria, Australia could have gone as hard as NZ.

Both look like they've adopted the South Korean case tracking system - a bit like aiming a fire extinguisher at the seat of the flames.

An Australian Investment banker said yesterday Australia had gone from having a budget surplus, to about a $200 billion deficit, but for people not to worry, governments spending money doesn't matter right now, that can be corrected after the crisis.

It's going to be interesting to see how NZ and Australia go, with each probably learning from the other, and whether the total UK lockdown can bring them from behind to eventually pass us.

On the last graph I saw we were resonably close to the top in the world, near South Korea for cases.

With policies such as maintaining that hair cutting is a national imperative it is tempting to believe that the Morrison govt wants to see continued spread of coronavirus among the people. Just Cuts CEO has labelled the policy as "just nuts" arguing that it is impossible for hairdressers to work while maintaining the minimum distance rules that Morrison claims are essential. Can someone please explain how this makes sense.

Another stupidity is to allow personal fitness training sessions with up to 10 people. Am I going nuts or is Morrison an Australian Trump clone?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Morrison is going slowly imho to try to reduce the impact on the economy. To stay out or recession Rudd gave us all $900.00 in 2008. That put the books into deficit which has stayed with us since. The forecast surplus may have materialised but it won't now. NZ went into recession in 2008 came out of it stronger & has had a surplus for a number of years till now. The fact that we haven't had a recession since 1991 may have had Politicians pumping up their chests but it hasn't helped our economy much.

With policies such as maintaining that hair cutting is a national imperative it is tempting to believe that the Morrison govt wants to see continued spread of coronavirus among the people. Just Cuts CEO has labelled the policy as "just nuts" arguing that it is impossible for hairdressers to work while maintaining the minimum distance rules that Morrison claims are essential. Can someone please explain how this makes sense.

Another stupidity is to allow personal fitness training sessions with up to 10 people. Am I going nuts or is Morrison an Australian Trump clone?

The hairdressers and personal fitness training are psychological actions to try to minimise suicides. Don't think the AHPPC (Australian Health Protection Principal Committee) are a bunch of politcians, they are health professionals at the top of the tree. Same goes for the States' Chief Medical Officers and their teams.

They have figures we don't and they have people analysing the data all the time.

And yes, Australia did adopt a deliberate policy of allowing the virus to spread while the number of cases were in single and double digits, because minute few numbers were dying, and they had to find places to put beds (which has included ripping out existing hospitals in Victoria and SA), and eventually get food and medicatio0n to us when we are fully locked down. At the end of that equation, when the death rate is much higher, a smaller percentage of the population will be dying, so it's all a matter of mathematics which no one has time to explain yet.

• Haha 1

Morrison is WRONG. Go hard or go home is the message in this catastrophic situation. Adern is more focused on people's health than the financial economy. The true economy will recover - what may not survive is the extremely leveraged corporate economy dominated by huge corporations with very little empathy for workers or national tax obligations. Good riddance.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Morrison is going slowly imho to try to reduce the impact on the economy. To stay out or recession Rudd gave us all $900.00 in 2008. That put the books into deficit which has stayed with us since. The forecast surplus may have materialised but it won't now. NZ went into recession in 2008 came out of it stronger & has had a surplus for a number of years till now. The fact that we haven't had a recession since 1991 may have had Politicians pumping up their chests but it hasn't helped our economy much.

If you listen directly to his press conferences (as against spun news media), you will notice the National Cabinet, which as we saw numbers 6/7 with a Labor majority has decided on two policies to manage 1. Health to minimise deaths and shorten the virus cycle), and 2. The economy to keep essential businesses afloat now, and have massive funding to regenerate all business and recreat work for all workers to come out of it with as little damage and possible.

We're no longer working on peacetime budget management. To meet what the National Cabinet wants, and don't forget that's both Nation AND States/Territories, already the Commonwealth Government has taken us from a surplus to a $200 billion deficit, and is heading sharply down shovelling out money when money is needed.

'If you need a hair cut, get real, people's lives are at stake'

Victoria’s health minister says just because the federal government has decreed some services can remain open, doesn’t mean that people should go out to use them.

Yes the "wartime cabinet" (why does it not include the leader of the federal opposition?) Makes some pronouncements but who holds the purse strings? The federal treasury. If you don't believe this, I have a nice bridge you may like cheap...

There are some good, concise media messages that I have seen on FB -just not from Australia.

• Agree 1

'If you need a hair cut, get real, people's lives are at stake'

Victoria’s health minister says just because the federal government has decreed some services can remain open, doesn’t mean that people should go out to use them.

Yes the "wartime cabinet" (why does it not include the leader of the federal opposition?) Makes some pronouncements but who holds the purse strings? The federal treasury. If you don't believe this, I have a nice bridge you may like cheap...

There are some good, concise media messages that I have seen on FB -just not from Australia.

This is not a wartime cabinet, it is a cabinet which allows a common decision to be made by the Commonwealth, the States and the Territories.

Once that decision is agreed on, each State and Territory enacts any necessary action in their State.

We covered that about three weeks ago.

'This is war': Professor says immediate lockdown will stop the spread of virus

Professor Crabb said a lockdown would apply to schools. “I would have thought that it’s pretty logical until we know better to assume schools were potentially significant sources of community transmission”.

Remember that the current figures are actually 7-10 days out of date, given the incubation period. We have not a second to waste.