New site User Ranking System

Admin

Current we have a 4 tier user ranking of:

1. New Member

2. Member

3. Active Member

4. Well-Known Member

That is based on the Trophy Ladder.

With the site being rebuilt it is proposed to replace these with a ladder system based on number of posts and the ranks following the Australian Air Force Ranks:

1.jpg.bb271121bfb92eb4acf67e6f66c6186e.jpg

Any thoughts before I build it in?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First Class Members keep their Banner but instead of having the word twice (in text and also banner) their rank replaces the first text part and then they have their banner

Can't help but ask why?

Why what? That we are having it or that Facthunter is going to be a Marshal i.e. the post above yours?

Why are we having it...why not, it's all fun, and its just an enhancement to what we already have

Or

Facthunter is the Marshal because of his post count being the highest at nearly 17,000 posts gives him the rank of "Air Chief Marshal"

• Agree 1

This site is not just for recreational pilots, there are a number of airline, bizjet and raaf pilots on this forum. Just because its call recreational flying doesent mean its just rec flyers.

Good way to show some of our defence force ranks within an Aussie forum.

• Agree 1

Don't know why but I have a bad feeling, this will cause problems.

Yep - someone will pull rank on a lower-rating member, and give him a penalty such as 7 days CB (that's Confined to Barracks, for those who avoided the Green Machine). 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gifThe system looks good to me - they'd only give me 1 hook (L/Cpl = L/A) when I wore a green uniform - now, it looks like I'll get to be a P/O!! Woo-hoo, straight to Commissioned Officer from NCO, without even sitting a test!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I don't mind the idea of a more comprehensive ranking system but I disagree with using military ranks. It is my opinion that those in the military earn their ranks and I find it a little disrespectful for those of us not in the military to use them. I am not nor have I previously been in the military but that is still my opinion.

Why not something original maybe based on plane Brands or types or styles or a mixture?

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

I don't mind the idea of a more comprehensive ranking system but I disagree with using military ranks. It is my opinion that those in the military earn their ranks and I find it a little disrespectful for those of us not in the military to use them. I am not nor have I previously been in the military but that is still my opinion.Why not something original maybe based on plane Brands or types or styles or a mixture?

Something like starting with the Wright Brothers' "Flyer" and finishing with the Boeing "Dreamliner"?