Round Avatars

Admin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For others who would like to know this is simply what I did with a 3mb size photo and all I used was the Windows Paint Application that is in Windows by default:

1. Opened the picture by right clicking the file and clicking "Edit". This should open Windows Paint

2. Selected "File" and then "Properties. Changed either the width or height to the lowest one of the two so both are the same making it a square. Clicked ok

3. Clicked "resize" from the menu and in the box selected "Pixels. Entered 200 in either the Horizontal or Vertical box...the other one should automatically change to 200 also. Clicked OK

4. Saved the file. Checked the file size on the hard disk.

5. If the file size is greater than 56kb, open the picture again in Paint and save the file again as a jpeg (.jpg). It should be under 56kb now.

Just upload the new avatar through your site settings

Sorry Ian, don't like it.

No need to follow modern trends (they will come back anyway), it's aimed at facebook and related rubbish to show mugshots, half of us have our planes instead.

Planes fit in square holes......

• Agree 1

What you can do to make it very easy for you, simply upload the image into the Media Section and then you can click the button to make the image your avatar:

1.jpg.4d3e2ba353b903a028f78eeb03bf7e05.jpg

Ian,

Keep up the good work mate- bugger the naysayers. I have always been a round peg in a square hole anyway.

I like the Gif idea....................................but you appear to be doing a severe PIO- Pilot induced oscillation. Or is it shaken baby syndrome?114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

Admin said: Round avatars - this has been a bit controversial with a handful however with the lack of comments from many I can only assume that most users are not fussed about having them or not.

Maybe you should use the "Post a Poll" function and ask the questions specifically if you want to gauge reader opinion.

My reading of the responses is that there are quite a few who would prefer to remain 'square'.

I was going to suggest this a while ago but didn't get a Round Tuit. 043_duck_for_cover.gif.77707e15ee173cd2f19de72f97e5ca3b.gif

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Admin said: Round avatars - this has been a bit controversial with a handful however with the lack of comments from many I can only assume that most users are not fussed about having them or not.

Maybe you should use the "Post a Poll" function and ask the questions specifically if you want to gauge reader opinion.

My reading of the responses is that there are quite a few who would prefer to remain 'square'.

I was going to suggest this a while ago but didn't get a Round Tuit. 043_duck_for_cover.gif.77707e15ee173cd2f19de72f97e5ca3b.gif

I couldn't agree more Ian. I don't think you'll get the majority providing individual comment on each of these new suggested changes, but we/they are likely to cast a vote.

• Agree 1

I'd say so too. Might you consider that early TVs started out round? So round is actually a retro look, and then TVs/images went square and then 4:3 and now they're 16:9 and more .. boy that would suit the shape of aeroplane pics ...?

Good point!

When do we get w_i_d_e s_c_r_e_e_n avatars? 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Agree 1

Square windows didn't work too well on the Comet. We have become used to making things fit in square boxes so why change? When I go to an art exhibition it looks a bit "regulated" to have most stuff in a square surround. But I don't grieve over it. Nev