Probably my computer issue ...

bexrbetter

I have a serious posting issues that's worst at Rec Fly.

Recent weeks I have gotten a faster internet package from the same IP provider, and I have reinstalled Windows XP.

Since either one of those events, I open Rec fly and any page chosen with lightning speed, scrolling, next page opens, any surfing just great.

BUT...

If I try to reply, the reply box at the bottom won't open for ages. The 'still loading page' is also active in the top tab. If I want to reply to someone's comment, that page opens quickly, but again, the actual reply box to type into doesn't open sometimes for minutes. This box I am writing in now for a new post took over a minute to open, and edit my post is pretty slow as well to open.

The smiley icons takes ages to open here, and at another site I can not 'Like' at all, absolutely no response, but I can reply there no problem.

This is what the incomplete reply box at the bottom of the page looks like after 4 minutes(!) (loading images no problem).

760648126_incompletebox.jpg.0de76e5da70ca8e16e575a8c8ce659cd.jpg

You may be finding some of the developing compatibility issues with XP.

Good point, could have started when Ian went back to this forum OS?

You’v Been censored

Shame they don't do a sweep for grammar and spelling as well.

It's the authorities checking your reply to make sure there's no anti-China sentiment...

phht, myth I write whatever I want to, I could say the Government here is a bunch of best friend China welcome you! and that they make you best policy.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bex, you will find that the reply box, and other areas, use scripts that need to run after the graphical content is loaded and it is those scripts that are causing the problem for you as XP is not really up to handling the script calls properly. When the page was loading slower for you the script calls were able to run and finish at the same time the content was finished loading so whilst the page loaded slower it seemed that it all worked together, now with the content loading faster and the scripts loading the same as before, the script delay is evident.

Hope this helps explain thinks

Bex, you will find that...

i have been traveling the last few days, Beijing at the moment, and was having the same issues from my mobile. today it,s instantanious though.

Going fo upgrade to Windoze 10 these weeks, see what happens after that.

It's a bit crook about XP, seeing as how many people in the world still use it.

i have been traveling the last few days, Beijing at the moment, and was having the same issues from my mobile. today it,s instantanious though.

Going fo upgrade to Windoze 10 these weeks, see what happens after that.

It's a bit crook about XP, seeing as how many people in the world still use it.

In frustration at having difficulty using software I bought, I switched to Windows 365.

The rationalisation was that software was getting more and more expensive to own, and it didn't stay current enough to avoid having out of date issues unless you updated.

When I looked at the cost of owning a copy of windows over a reasonable amount of time, vs 365 with an annual subscription, licensed to three or four machines, and updated seamlessly the subscription came out cheaper, and I'm not sorry I switched.

I'm currently writing a truck program and have had to make several software decisions, so I've spent a lot more time talking with people with software skills, and, after getting very excited about how powerful ActiveX was, discovered it was the hackers path into programs, and Microsoft stopped using it some years ago, and will only be supporting it for a few years longer. Then I found out the reasons Microsoft made what seemed like the controversial decision to switch to Vista, then Windows 8, and their decisions made a whole lot of sense - unless you'd just bought Windows and were thinking of using it for years. In the finish, I've decided to only make the software available for current software versions, which ensures a much more seamless operation, than the compromises, which as we've seen, enable current programs to still be operated by software going back to XP albeit with problems.

Funny Microsoft don't tell us about these things up front.

mac was good in the 1980s. Tese days you can pick a mac user when they try to send high volume data.

I wish I could explain it but I was way out of my depth studying where object orientated is going.

Amazingly is almost based on Latin

• 3 weeks later...