And Now for Something Different - Long Xcountry Flights. How do you Pee?

Input vs Output over time in air?

How do you guys cope on long flights these days. Some of us are older these days and do need to GO!

I have on a few occasions on flights in RAA aircraft dropped down into a grass strip I found on track unannounced, and no one around which is usually a private farmer type strip, and used a tree to relieve the need. Have used a the old plastic bottle but can be a problem with no autopilot and in turbulence or no bottle.

I saw this Pee Base Kit. anyone used one - or what have been the members "solutions" on long flights and the need to GO has overcome the will to not!

WHATS YOUR BEST STORY (SOLUTION) WHEN THE NEED TO PEE WAS TO GREAT AND AIRBOURNE IN OUR TOYS.

However here is the - XCPee Base Kit

https://xcmag.com/shop/product/xcpee-base-kit/?v=6cc98ba2045f

Don’t bother telling me your problems ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a self-sealing bag available at some aircraft parts shops that can be used for men who need to go. They are also good for passengers that can't hold their breakfast.

These bags are flat and stow easily before use. Once used they can be dropped on the floor, they don't leak. I highly recommend them and have used them for many years.

Around 40 years ago I was part of a group of 4 planes and pax heading for the Birdsville races out of Melb. ( did it for many years back in the good old days) I had the slowest plane (C172) that coupled with at times a 30 knot h/w I got as far as Swn Hill cause the girls I had onboard (the lightest, lucky me!?) had to go! Airborne again and you guessed it Pooncarie for another 'rest stop'! Finally made it to Broken Hill for fuel and yep more 'relief work' for the girls! Again airborne and passing Moomba rumblings where heard from the back seat, this time I said can't stop now or we will run out of fuel! When I got to Birdsville LATE that Friday the others in the group where talking to the ATC guys there (yes back then the Dept had a temp ATC set up at no charge (imagine that now?) My friends where getting worried that we had crashed! No Mob Ph's then or OzRwys just a lot of WAC's! Was a looooong trip! Coming home days later was a whole other story!?

• Like 1

The Navigator and I made a nonstop to Goolwa from Lethbridge in the Citabria 95 knot machine about 18 years ago. About 4.5 hours and could have made Adelaide direct if we had to. Somehow, I think things have changed.. Nev

The Navigator and I made a nonstop to Goolwa from Lethbridge in the Citabria 95 knot machine about 18 years ago. About 4.5 hours and could have made Adelaide direct if we had to. Somehow, I think things have changed.. Nev

I loved the 7ECA, taught you how to manage its staggering HP?

• Agree 1

I don't know what revs you need to reach to get the 115. I have rejected one take off and done a "lead remove" process and got across the ranges near Albury easy enough with full load at around 6 ooo'. Good fabric and prop makes a difference.. I never "fine propped" it as that's one way to get more take off power. I liked that plane. It looked fantastic and the Interior smelled nice. (Leather). and I like tandem seats and aerobatics of the gentle kind.. AMCHAMP.

I had prostate problems twenty-odd years ago and luckily it hasn't played up since.

An old health professional, who lived by the adage use it or lose it, told me to "p1ss in morse code".

Just don't do three short bursts, followed by three long, then three short ones again in the dead of night, because you might find a neighbour has overheard and called for an ambulance that you didn't really need.

• Haha 2

There's no ONE fix for this. There's many manifestations of prostate conditions in Men and often people will die with it but not because of it if they are older when it becomes detected. (usually by a PSA test which doesn't give conclusive answers.) You can check the size of it by a digital rectal exam. Gloved finger in your bum.

Most people I know who have had work done when I asked them what the one thing they regret MOST was being rushed into it particularly to do the Biopsy. Generally unless it's very aggressive you are not in a rush and always have the right to seek a second or even a third opinion. and asses it over a period of months. (as I say unless thing are running away) and it may already have moved to other areas like lymph glands or even tumors in the brain etc..You can get support from Prostate groups that can be of great help. I can personally recommend GEELONG. P G. although I'm a fair way away from it and don't personally attend that much . They put out an emailed monthly pamphlet with many useful references and helpful hints. Costs $10 annually They are funded by the Cancer Council and other donations..Nev

You will have DRE, Ultrasounds, MRI, etc. but a Biopsy is the only way to diagnose the tumor . You can also get as many opinions as you like, and at some stage you may get the answer you want, but whether that opinion proves to be correct, only time will tell, but by then may be too late. Many prostate cancers have no symptoms . The best advice is to get tested early and act on a high PSA . Having your head in the sand will solve nothing and make future management more difficult ...... Bob

with my prostate cancer i had no symptons, pee normally,etc etc none at all it was only my age that prompted the blood test that gave the high psa reading ,and well the rest is history, get the test done early(not 70 like me) start in your 50s and get a psa blood test done every year, i have 2 brother in laws who have turned 70 ,both take so long to pee but are in denial,i keep saying to go get tested

• Agree 1

I suggest you get the LATEST advice. from a reliable source and never shy from getting a second opinion.. The usual biopsy is not dead accurate and there's an infection risk when superbug germs are about. and the usual antibiotics don't work. PSA doesn't confirm cancer either . Advice has changed somewhat about this with many operations being performed when they need not be. Anyhow don't believe ME or anyone else.. Get the FACTs for yourselves... and study the statistics .YOU will eventually make decisions. the more you know the better the result There's rarely any need to rush it. so a watch and assess period particularly if you are more elderly is often recommended.. Generally this form of cancer is not a fast progressing thing. You can die with it not because of it..Nev

• Agree 1

From initial diagnosis till op took 2 years , and from the tests biopsi, scan ,blood and further psa and the finger in the Bxm it was a no brainer for me ,it was very high ratio and could have spread ,then your on a no win scenario, i want to live longer and not be dying of cancer that may have spread , my uncle died with cancer that spread from his prostate ,he was a shadow of aman when he died it had spread everywhere seek a second opinion as i did but for me it was the right descision

• Like 1

From initial diagnosis till op took 2 years , and from the tests biopsi, scan ,blood and further psa and the finger in the Bxm it was a no brainer for me ,it was very high ratio and could have spread ,then your on a no win scenario, i want to live longer and not be dying of cancer that may have spread , my uncle died with cancer that spread from his prostate ,he was a shadow of aman when he died it had spread everywhere seek a second opinion as i did but for me it was the right descision

Sounds like a good outcome Gareth. Remember to undergo regular check ups with your Urologist/Oncologist and you will likely outlast most of us here :victory: ...... Bob

I think you can get too much B6 but B complex won't hurt you. You can check this up for your selves but I had too much B6. so reduced it on the advice of my Neuro person. Nev

Very true, Nev. I'm under doctor's orders at the moment to avoid B6. I was tested at almost twice adult male maximum levels which is well over the limit at which B6 will cause neuropathy symptoms according to the blood lab. I've been off it for three months and the peripheral neuropathy in my feet has improved quite a bit. The B6 was in the fine print on a bottle of another product, so the intake was accidental and not intentional. B6 is one of the few that doesn't have much leeway between maximum recommended levels and levels that are harmful.

According to the experts, normal diet doesn't provide enough B6 to be harmful. If it's way too high, it can only be from supplementary sources like vitamin pills or sports drinks. Stop taking them and the neuropathy symptoms will resolve, as I think B6 is water soluble and is flushed out eventually.

• Like 1

[ATTACH type=full" alt="31E42FE9-184B-40F6-AF6A-74896F84433D.png]53004[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" alt="31E42FE9-184B-40F6-AF6A-74896F84433D.png]53004[/ATTACH]

Little John was clearly not a woman!

Certainly beats trying to push a shopping bag out the vent of a Piper Warrier while flying over the Blue Mountains.:blush:

(Name of lady concerned is withheld, as she's quite well known around the flying fraternity)

• Haha 1