2021 Birdsville Races Unattractive.

walrus

The 2021 Birdsville races were on my "To Do" list until today. Now that the Shire Council has prohibited under wing camping, I won't be going.

The project was just doable as it was, considering the cost involved and the ever present nuisance of CASA, but to be relegated to a tent city full of drunks instead of the airstrip is just too much.

The Council thinks that running the event was too expensive, well, we can help them fix that problem; don't go.

Edited by walrus
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

I remember reading that the underwing campers got dust from aircraft taking off due to their site allocation.

This would have slowed me down as another thing to check out before going. How far is the camping area from the tie-down area this year?

You can always drive to get the full experience. People blind drunk they can hardly stand, place full of empty cans and rubbish. The brawls outside the pub late into the night. All the good stuff still available 😁 

On 28/02/2021 at 4:42 PM, Bruce Tuncks said:

I remember reading that the underwing campers got dust from aircraft taking off due to their site allocation.

This would have slowed me down as another thing to check out before going. How far is the camping area from the tie-down area this year?

130 km.