Got new phone

Admin

This week my new Samsung Galaxy S2 arrived...haven't had a chance to play with it yet but compared to my Galaxy S, which I have passed on to Corrine, it is just slightly bigger in size, much larger screen being 4.3", flatter and thinner, lighter and fits really nice in my hand.

Brilliant, vivid and large screen to see everything and this site looks absolutely great on it. has a 1.2gig dual channel processor and 1 gig of ram, battery life seems a little bit shorter but the battery is new so it may need a couple of charges/discharges to get it to peak and anyway, I always run 3 batteries with a mobile phone, one in the phone, one charging and one ready just in case of heavy use of the phone.

The finger touch on the screen seems just slightly better if that is at all possible as the Galaxy S screen touch was incredibly smooth, nice and perfect to use anyway. Remember the words per minute typed on a mobile phone record is held by someone using a Galaxy...the bigger screen makes a huge impact in being able to touch those darn letters/numbers accurately every time.

When/if I get some free time soon I will put it under the hammer (not literally) and post back what I think of it in more detail but at the moment...completely impressed

• Like 3

I have found the Desire is a pain to visit this sight on... Sounds like the Galaxy may be an upgrade option.

Go into a phone shop mate and just ask to have a look at one working and then have a look at this site on it...be interested to hear what you think

I have a smart phone, but the phone has a dumb owner!! It really is taking me a fair while to put a handle on even a few of its features. The capability amazes me, and i am slowly getting around to using some of its features, but it aint a fast process.

• Like 1

I used a Huawei Sonic for my trip to the US, it was $190 from woolies, dropped a Tmobile sim into it for 3G+calls+txt.

google maps public transport instructions where super helpful, clicked off the stops as you travelled. Love Android's integration with google services.

I have a smart phone, but the phone has a dumb owner!!

A lot of us have that sort of phone unfortunately.

At least in the past you could train a horse or a sheepdog to do what you commanded.....and you had the boot control too!

• Like 1

I Had a HTC Desire...it was the worst "smart" phone I have owned....I finally got the rites with it and got a iPhone 4...holy cow what a difference and what a nice phone to use also web browsing on it is fantastic. I got mine for $650 about 3 months ago now brand new unlocked and full warranty from www.gumtree.com.au but you have to be fast. I got mine from a local guy in Brisbane..he works for some phone shop and was selling legitimate stock..I think they must be on running stock quotas and they flog the extras per month off at just above cost. Best thing I ever did with getting a smart phone...The HTC is so crap even thier software to download contacts etc doesn't work properly. The only thing with a iPhone is having to use iTunes...on the Mac its easy but I still consider iTunes to be a virus but you have to swallow your pride sometimes to get a good product

Mark

I Had a HTC Desire...it was the worst "smart" phone I have owned....I finally got the rites with it and got a iPhone 4...holy cow what a difference and what a nice phone to use also web browsing on it is fantastic. I got mine for $650 about 3 months ago now brand new unlocked and full warranty from www.gumtree.com.au but you have to be fast. I got mine from a local guy in Brisbane..he works for some phone shop and was selling legitimate stock..I think they must be on running stock quotas and they flog the extras per month off at just above cost. Best thing I ever did with getting a smart phone...The HTC is so crap even thier software to download contacts etc doesn't work properly. The only thing with a iPhone is having to use iTunes...on the Mac its easy but I still consider iTunes to be a virus but you have to swallow your pride sometimes to get a good productMark

G'day Mark, as an aside, how do you find the coverage of the Iphone 4 compared to the HTC Desire?

Cheers

Actually the IPhone 4 is much better...up at my farm win I close the shed up I barely get 1 bar of signal on any other blue tick phone I have had including the desire. The iPhone 4 has 2 bars and never drops out when the shed is all closed up so its much better..the other phones used to drop in and out occasionally this was a Nokia and then the desire....I say again the operation and sped and touch screen on the desire is crap glad I got rid of it...OK back to painting the Sav :)

Mark

I've had the Galaxy S II for a little over a week now. Upgraded from a Samsung Omnia II - at the time it was the best implementation of WinMo 6.1, but at that stage I didn't know that Android was just around the corner - and so good! It has served me well, but is just so frustrating and limited sometimes!

The difference is like night and day:

• Capacitive touch is wonderful!

• The gps unit is much better.

• The data radios seem to be much more reliable.

• The dual-core processor has not missed a beat, despite hard-core 3d apps.

• The Apps - Android Market!!!

• The screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I've found a couple of aviation related apps.... What are the good ones I should be looking out for?

Guest SAJabiruflyer

I have a Nokia C3-01. It makes phone calls. It receives phone calls. It sends SMS's. It receives SMS's. It has a Camera. Apparantly it does other stuff too. 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

First I had a suitcase, cost about the same as the car, then I had a brick, then they got smaller & smaller with more features & smaller screens. Now they are getting bigger again (though thinner) so you can actually read what is on the screen with glasses on instead of having to carry a magnifying glass.

Crikey I've still got a 4 year old Nokia classic something or other that does everything & I use it to make phone calls.

• Like 1