Favourite flyin' songs?

Hey all - just interested in what some of you think are some classic flying songs? You know, the way we think of something like Born to be Wild as a classic motorcycling song?

I'll start it off with probably my favourite, some great guitar work and a really cool story - this the soundtrack in my head when I am daydreaming of flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries, by the inimitable Stephen Stills.

What are some of yours?? This thread could make for a very good flying mix tape/CD/playlist!

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Blue Eyes, Lets Fly Away. I know it is not really flying as we know it but being an old timer I really like Sinatra.

Hrm, or Fly Me to The Moon for that matter... that'd be good for a night flight over the city lights

• Like 1

A good post ayavner.

Years ago I did a UK and return trip with a charter company Air Tours.

When we reached Oz, coming back over Broome, they played Peter Allen's "I still call Australia Home" and all the Aussies on board absolutely sang their hearts out.

It was brilliant, and I want to sing it each time I do it.

• Like 1

Well, not really a flying song necessarily but I guess in the vain of happy travelling, I would throw Marrakesh Express - Crosby, Stills and Nash - in the mix :-)

GREAT stuff, and I like hearing some of the stories behind your ideas as well. Planedriver, that must have been quite a moment!