Got my cpl

Howdy. Well I've been plugging away slowly over the last few years, finally all the planets aligned and I passed my cpl test yesterday. Im not sure if it was supposed to be fun but I had a blast. Very chellenging 3 hours of flying, but we got there in end. I was worried at first that being stuck in my little corner of aviation I may not make the cut, but turned out raa flying can set you up nicely for the more complex operations.

Anyway.. Cheers

• Like 20

Thanx Metal. Id highly recommend giving it a shot, especially if your already close to the hourly requirements etc.

I hooked in over the last month or so because I got an offer I can't really refuse.

Ive been satelliting a school in Goondiwindi for about 6 months. The blokes there are in AG flying and are venturing into the Charter business. So they bought a Partnavia and put it on a nearby charter companies AOC. So if all goes to plan I might be a bushy again..lol.. Some raa instructing, charter flying and possibly an AG rating...

But, as always..RAA comes first...:) My dream would be to fly for the flying doc's. ) A ways to go yet..:)

• Like 6

Well done Motz!

Somehow I can't help but wish that whatever you do, you remain available as an Instructor. My opinion formed by reading your posts and following your exploits over the last several years is that you have a real feel for Professional Instructing and... well... Leadership in this field. At the very least you should write down your system of Flight Training so it can be passed on by your fledgling Instructors eh?

• Like 5

Congrats and well done Motzy......you so deserve your CPL stripes....I consider you such a professional, well rounded Aviator.....ditto to all the above comments said of you......you inspire student pilots like me and many others.............enjoy your aviation journey.............Fly and Keep safe.............Alley

• Like 2

Well done Motz!Somehow I can't help but wish that whatever you do, you remain available as an Instructor.

Thanx for all the kind words guys..

Win, yes mate, deffinatly gunna keep on instructing. Myself and the guys at Gundy would like to open a few satellites in some of the more remote areas of qld and NSW. Id like to see RAA flying made more accessible to these areas that miss out simply due to geography. The goal is to do some training and perhaps get an instructor going in these places.

If anyone knows anyone or has any ideas please get in touch with me.

If you know of an old GA instructor sitting around doing nothing or something like that, that would be great. So far were looking at places like st george to start with.

Cheers and thanx again.

• Like 2

Guest Howard Hughes
My dream would be to fly for the flying doc's. ) A ways to go yet..:)

When you get those twin/night hours, you have my number!

Great work Motz!012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Blood hell. I just made a very flattering post and it didn't get there. What religion are you andy. ( don't answer that.( Congrats. You must have been working away studiously studying I nearly said beavering) while working as well. You might need a break. Fatigue creeps up on you. Think about it...regards Nev

...and off course, you learnt it all here at Recreational Flying didn't you Motz augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gifWELL DONE MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say YEEEEEES! it puts a smile on Ians face 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Well done Andy.

Good onya mate, thats yet another achievement.

The other achievement you have probably overlooked, but we've certainly noticed, is all the "good oil" you've passed on to other's, and appreciate.

• Like 2

Yes. I have to admit. This forum has played a huge part I'm where I have headed. The depth of knowledge and people willing to contribute on this site is nothing short of marvelous. We uve amongst our ranks airline pilots, airforce pilots, flying doctor pilots, drifter, thruster, almost evry aircraft known to man, pilots.

Nowhere on the Internet is there such a range of information available. No question is un askable. No issue too big. And even when the different sides are well apposed, always there is the respect of others opinions. It's a real credit to those who volunteer their time to keeping things going. And, has played no small part in the knowledge I and I'm sure you all have gained.

To receive a wrap from someone like nev, a job offer ( the hope lives on) from the chief pilot of the rfds, and positive comments from all sorts of pilots from all over the country, all in one thread..... Well, what can I say... You all know, you all see it day in day out. What a fantastic balanced resource we have. I have lived by a credo for some time.. The best way to achieve ones goals is to help others achieve there's. I hope that some of what I have contributed over the years has helped sOme people. As I have been helped in no small way along on the way. We really do have a unique resource here and I hope all continue to contribute tO the goals of others.

• Like 6

Congratulations Motz. What's next, ATPL?? Hope you land that RFDS job. My instructor always said it would be his dream job if he could have his time over again.

rgmwa

• Like 1

Guest Howard Hughes
Congratulations Motzart, now you can fly for free and fill up your bank account at the same time.

When does the filling up the bank account bit start?

a job offer ( the hope lives on) from the chief pilot of the rfds

Thanks for the promotion by the way!022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif