Forum Addiction

An R/C modelling forum I get on actually keeps a total of the time you have been logged in since joining and displays that each time you log in. It is a pretty scary number when you have been a member for 6-7 years. I'd really rather not know!!!

Ian is it possible to track changes to the "last seen" function to see just how bad it has really got?

No, the "Last Seen" field in the database updates itself each time you come back to the site

100 times a day is officially forum addiction. Just as well I only check in 98 times a day.022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

So glad that you're still in the safe range, Dazza! 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

"The hallmark consequence of substance dependence is the medical implication involved, such as

cirrhosis of the liver due to alcoholism, or increased risk of stroke due to cocaine use. However,

the physical risk factors involved with an addiction to the Internet are comparatively minimal yet

notable. While time is not a direct function in defining Internet addiction, generally addicted

users are likely to use the Internet anywhere from forty to eighty hours per week, with single

sessions that could last up to twenty hours."

Source: http://www.netaddiction.com/articles/symptoms.pdf

• Like 1

I too get told off by the better half about being on here too much.Hi..... my name is Pete and I'm a Recreational Flying Forum addict.

My better half has been away for most of the last two weeks, pretty sure that has done nothing but feed my addiction, maybe being told off a bit has protected you from total and hopeless addiction, you should thank her!

Don't worry all, the Chat Room is almost up and running...currently doing some extensive testing and checking the integration and so on...so very soon now you will all be able to talk all you like, and if your fingers get tired of typing you can turn your webcam on and just sit there and talk to those in the chat room that don't have a web cam and have to continue typing

Hmmmm the better half !!!!!!

If we go out to the shed we are spending to much time in the shed

If we go to the hanger we are spending to much time in the hanger

If we stay home in the lounge with them we are spending to much time on the computer

What the heck do they want from us blokes ????????086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

• Like 2