RAAus Fails CASA Audit Again

Robert

I don't buy the "members fault" idea, I know the members can vote as we 'pay for our say' so to speak but we are voting for a board member after reading a puff piece in the mag on the great intentions of the member who is nominated to be on the board. They all sound good and probably all have good intentions and do thier bit but the real guts of RA aus licencing, registrations, rules and regs seems to be on the desk of people who aren't on the member voted board.As for "just ring your rep", yeah that's fine they may well have no problems in answering your queries as best they can but the trouble is for a member without the basic info, how do you know what to ask? It's not like six months ago we could ring up and say "g'day, look is there any chance that there's a big storm brewing and by the end of the year there will be a whole lot of RA planes unregistered?" Even if we did have a crystal ball and could ask that question, I hope that no reps could have answered it six months ago.

To jump from the deficiencies of the ongoing RA rego procedures all the way to the members board vote is a fair stretch as I see it.

There would still be ALOT of RA aus members who would have absolutely NO IDEA any of this rego problem exists. Plenty don't bother checking the RA aus website unless they specifically wanted to know something and plenty more aren't members of this internet forum so if thier rego hasn't come up for renewal then they would have no idea and won't be ringing thier rep just to ask how the kids are.......

I think most members would now know about the problems and in many cases the people not grounded with plenty of rego to go still couldn't give a damn as long as they can go flying.

Apathy is the reason we are surrounded by so many problems, Governments can get away with pretty much what ever they like. The only reason why so many people are getting involved with the latest RAAus problems is because planes are being grounded, that's what it took to get their attention.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To All Interested RAAus Members,

It is a well known fact that in times of war "A General is only as good & effective as the soldiers behind him".

We as concerned members of the RAAus do not presently have a democratically elected"Leader" of our organisation which is rapidly declining & sinking deeper into the shxt each day the existing failed board executive & the soon to be redundant CEO keep trying to prop up our organisation, thinking that there are only a few minor hippcups, when in fact the daily downward spiral of our organisation makes one think that by the time the EGM comes around will there be an organisation worth salvaging.

At least there may be some glimmer of hope on the horizon, whereby after the EGM in Feb 2013, RAAus may be able to rise from the ashes because by then the orgnaistaion won't be able to get any lower than what it is at present

The Executive Board & CEO are now reaping what they have sown over recent times:tongue in cheek:

We need to get as many people as possible to come here to Recreational Flying and get interested in what is going on in RAAus...the bigger the numbers, the bigger the chance of being able to have a say...so get on to your email lists, get your club to send out an email to all their members, what ever it takes to get as many people here so they can all be more informed and then participate in providing possible solutions for all of us...help to stamp out the apathy

Alice Pathy has a lot to answer for. It's a bad look to get such a low voter turnout. This is the reason that the older exec deduced that most members were NOT interested in board matters and just went on with the job in splendid isolation.

Now as far as what is your vote worth? Probably in about the same relationship to the time spent on researching it. Is it easy to know about the candidate.? NO it isn't. Most people would probably vote for his/her current flying instructor because they are the only one(s ) known to you. Most people thought Steve Runciman was the man for the job. Perhaps in normal circumstances he might have been, but we have a crisis resulting from a string of circumstances. Probably unprecedented and unexpected. We can speculate on what is going on but should limit speculation and concentrate on what we know. There is enough in that alone to be very concerned. We need and should be provided with answers when people's livelihood and investments are threatened due to NO fault of the individual in an arbitrary way. Basic principles of justice and fairness aren't paid attention to enough. Nev

I think most members would now know about the problems and in many cases the people not grounded with plenty of rego to go still couldn't give a damn as long as they can go flying.

Sorry "Teckair", cannot agree, the guys in our area are very concerned, not apathetic, regularly vote and try to participate. They just don't all post to the forums.

As for "just ring your rep", yeah that's fine they may well have no problems in answering your queries as best they can but the trouble is for a member without the basic info, how do you know what to ask? It's not like six months ago we could ring up and say "g'day, look is there any chance that there's a big storm brewing and by the end of the year there will be a whole lot of RA planes unregistered?" Even if we did have a crystal ball and could ask that question, I hope that no reps could have answered it six months ago.

My rep answered it by implying that it was all rumours and that we had it all wrong to basically every enquiry of this sort. And that we should stop listening to rumours. Funnily enough pretty much all those "rumours" as I see it have come to fruition...

Sorry "Teckair", cannot agree, the guys in our area are very concerned, not apathetic, regularly vote and try to participate. They just don't all post to the forums.

That is good, but unfortunately that is not the normal situation, it is a big country and the common theme is "just want to go flying and stay out of the politics" this is not a secret but a well known fact.

My rep answered it by implying that it was all rumours and that we had it all wrong to basically every enquiry of this sort. And that we should stop listening to rumours. Funnily enough pretty much all those "rumours" as I see it have come to fruition...

Lets hope the members in your area do something about it.

That is good, but unfortunately that is not the normal situation, it is a big country and the common theme is "just want to go flying and stay out of the politics" this is not a secret but a well known fact.

I am pretty certain the members in North Qld are pretty awake right now...

I am pretty certain the members in North Qld are pretty awake right now...

Yep what I should have said was

That is good, but unfortunately that has not always been the normal situation, it is a big country and a common theme has been "just want to go flying and stay out of the politics" this is not a secret but a well known fact.

• Like 1

Yep what I should have said was

That is good, but unfortunately that has not always been the normal situation, it is a big country and a common theme has been "just want to go flying and stay out of the politics" this is not a secret but a well known fact.

As to what we can do about it? I don't know... I imagine there are members up here who still support him as well. I don't think asking him to resign will work or makes much sense until we know definitively if he IS in fact still our member... I imagine part of the reason for his initial resignation was his feeling that he had lost the support of his members... and then it appears the board talked him out of it.

As to what we can do about it? I don't know... I imagine there are members up here who still support him as well. I don't think asking him to resign will work or makes much sense until we know definitively if he IS in fact still our member... I imagine part of the reason for his initial resignation was his feeling that he had lost the support of his members... and then it appears the board talked him out of it.

I would have though anyone who is so out of touch that they would vote for him probably wouldn't vote at all, it is a horrible mess I imagine it is a very bad time to be trying to deal with these issues right on the silly season break to boot.

To All Interested RAAus Members,

An email was sent to Sue at RAAus Head Offfce today requesting she advise asap why the reregistration of aircraft is bogged down in red tape, which is not hers or the hard working staffs fault, but from the incompetence & negligence of the Executive Board & redundant CEO who have allowed this failure to get into this catastrophic state & which the hard working staff have now got to try & clean up the shxt that the Executive & redundant CEO has allowed to occurr.

She has simply been asked to put the boot on the other foot & realise that there are a lot of little people & commercial organisations hurting out in the field due to the incompetence & negligence of the Executive Board members & redundant CEO & all she has to do is seek help from the many volunteer members who are prepared to drop what they are doing immediatley & proceeed to our fair capital city in Canberra where the climate is more friendly because there is a lot of hot air & bullshxt there every minute of the day.

Should a response be received from Sue, then it will be posted on this site forum as soon as it is received.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

John, Sue has not caused any problems and doesn't deserve to be dragged into this in any way. She has to keep a job, look after her family. She also has to walk a fine line regarding any criticism of board members.

• Like 4

Guest Andys@coffs

Well....Raa is working hard on breaking that addiction.....not much can be done unless there are registered aircraft! and we seem to be well onthe way to having few of those!!

Andy

So they are actually trying to help me break my addiction ? Now it all becomes clear...I don't believe that the 2 months until the EGM will be enough time to sort out this debacle with the current management strategy of "see no evil , hear no evil , speak no evil"... the s*** will only become deeper and smellier........... B

Is it my imagination or have things gone a bit quiet since the EGM date has been set. How do we find out which bits of RAAus governance/management are worn out and need replacing/fixing or will that come as the result of the EGM with an outpouring of collective board enlightenment and a plan for a new way forward? What have we got to measure past performance against? The annual report should be the document that we, the stakeholders/members and our contractual partners (the government via CASA) are able to review and assess what has been achieved, together with a snap shot of the way forward. The annual report is surely the single, most important tool, with regards to communications.

Pete

Do they not provide a copy of the annual report for each member yearly? Surely something like that should be in the magazine..... Or is this something that the members need to request specifically?