RAAus Fails CASA Audit Again

Robert

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they not provide a copy of the annual report for each member yearly? Surely something like that should be in the magazine..... Or is this something that the members need to request specifically?

Last year I got it as a separate document, but delivered together with the magazine in one package.

I didn't pay too much attention to it as I was just starting to learn to fly, so don't ask me about the detail of what was in it.

So why did we get the simple version of the financial report and not the detailed financial report, that does seem to be available, and why do I have to go looking for it in some dingy government department filing cabinet when it should have been sent to all members as a separate mail out or with our monthly magazine?

Sorry you lost me when you said that there is a detailed financial report. I thought that was one of the reasons everyone was jumping up and down. see_no_evil.gif.405888ff9078f30e1e55f7c227388916.gif

David

Yes ok, 2008 to 2010, so they haven't lodged the reports for 2011/12... that's why we don't have one to look at right? and if that's that case, wouldn't they have bigger problems than just all of us to deal with..yea?

• Like 1

So why did we get the simple version of the financial report.... David

Because a small group of rumour mongers and agitators jumped up and down vigorously over the last several years to make the Board provide it in your magazine.

"

Ra-Aus has a BIG operations problem.

An Ops Manager, an assistant and a few delegates around the country is not going to provide effective Operations functions for 3500 aircraft and 10 000 members... I reckon this is part of the reason our ex operations people have been so keen to depart for CASA lately... They know it... CASA knows it... Its just a matter of time until they act IMO.

I would have thought Operations Management would have been the first priority for our organization and at the top of the Pyramid as far as functions CASA requires."

Gotta laugh... Just found my post from way back in January of this year on this site on another thread related to the ongoing issues...

Believe me I am not a mind reader... "

It is just a matter of time until they (CASA) react"

.... 10 months or so to be exact.

If I could see it from the little involvement I have in North Queensland... Surely any of the current Board Members who have been in for more than 2 months could see it. What gives? Still reckon this Board can fix it????

You would have to have rocks in your head to let them continue until the Executive decides it is time to blow more smoke up everyone's axxe in February.

• Like 3

Why don't some of you guys, particularly the ones who have a lot to lose, the ones who shouted me down by saying a $187.00 membership was petty cash - you'll see some petty cash in those reports, and you'll see the pattern emerging year by year, and tyhen you won't have to rely on rumour-mongering from a small group

• Like 1

"Ra-Aus has a BIG operations problem.

An Ops Manager, an assistant and a few delegates around the country is not going to provide effective Operations functions for 3500 aircraft and 10 000 members... I reckon this is part of the reason our ex operations people have been so keen to depart for CASA lately... They know it... CASA knows it... Its just a matter of time until they act IMO.

I would have thought Operations Management would have been the first priority for our organization and at the top of the Pyramid as far as functions CASA requires."

Gotta laugh... Just found my post from way back in January of this year on this site on another thread related to the ongoing issues...

Believe me I am not a mind reader... "

It is just a matter of time until they (CASA) react"

.... 10 months or so to be exact.

If I could see it from the little involvement I have in North Queensland... Surely any of the current Board Members who have been in for more than 2 months could see it. What gives? Still reckon this Board can fix it????

You would have to have rocks in your head to let them continue until the Executive decides it is time to blow more smoke up everyone's axxe in February.

The current crisis of grounded aircraft is related to the Technical functions of RAAus (aircraft registrations) and is not within the remit of the Operations manager, Assistant Ops manager or their delegates.

Cheers

John

The current crisis of grounded aircraft is related to the Technical functions of RAAus (aircraft registrations) and is not within the remit of the Operations manager, Assistant Ops manager or their delegates.Cheers

John

Yeah... I am not even bright enough to differentiate between Ops and Tech... YET I STILL GOT IT!!!

What gives Ra-Aus?

What bad experiences ?

I am not sure it would be wise for me put details on a public forum especially the way things are at the moment. I probably should be contacting my Area Rep about it instead but I haven't bothered to do so because on one matter it is my word against his and he is no longer with RAAus and the other matter recriminations are a concern.

I can understand your reservations...but there are only 2 answers really...If you think you are in the right and have been badly done by then fight tooth and nail to expose that...and of course the second one is if you did stuff up so you need to fix it then by whatever means necessary.

I know Zane quite well and he is a real stickler for procedures especially if they are written in stone. I spoke to Zane on sunday at the YCAB aero club AGM which by the way he got up and did a explanation of the current issues...albeit in a simplistic way but at least he did get up in front of 100 plus people and did so. I also spoke to him about it and some other matters after and got what I thought were some reasonable answers but not all answers on a few subjects..not all related to this current Klusterf%@k. He is of course a bit removed from this as he is not based in Canberra and doesnt need to be and has his own boat to row but I did impress to him in no uncertain terms that the communication to the RAA membership was absolute crap and that if it had been a lot better there would not be these current issues. He said he would express my concerns to SR in a email when he got back but I doubt whether it will do any good as the executive have circled the wagons and have no intention at this stage to do anything other than hide behind the non communication curtain.

Mark

There never was any confidentiality at head office. IF someone put in a report about a school the identity of that person would not be kept from the school if they pushed. I have always had the impression the show leaked like a seive. This is a hard issue to deal with but unless it is properly sorted out there will be no apppropriate responses nor will there be the reports put in that should be. I am with FT on this issue. Nev

• Like 2

Latest posted on the RAAus web site by someone claiming to be the President:

AIRCRAFT REGISTRATIONS UPDATE 5/12/12

I have received correspondence from members expressing concern about the number of aircraft registrations we are currently processing and the fact that as at yesterday (Tue 4 Dec 12) we had not processed any new aircraft registrations. I respectfully request that members put any information they receive into perspective. We did not receive permission to start registering new aircraft until very late on Friday afternoon. The Technical Consultant was not in the office on Monday, so by the time the phone call was made to the office on Tuesday we had not processed any new registrations but, as can be seen, there was a reason for this.

The team were working through some new registration applications today but were slowed down due to missing documentation. Members are asked to check the paperwork and documents being provided and check again prior to sending the application to the office. I have also heard of a few members not sending their paperwork in because of the current situation. I ask that once you are sure that your paperwork is correct that you do not hang on to it but send it to the office as soon as you can.

Please rest assured that the team are working through the files as quickly as possible and are getting the aircraft registered as soon as they can. There are more people arriving tomorrow to provide assistance and this should help with the backlog.

It has been noted that members being requested to provide documentation are doing so in a timely manner and I would like to express my thanks for your patience and understanding during this difficult period.

Kind regards,

Steve Runciman

President

So at a time when many aircraft are grounded, how many days a week is the technical consultant (read single point of failure) actually working ?

If permission was recieved Friday, what was done on Saturday and Sunday ?

Where's the sense of urgency ?

Like it or not the President is still the President at this time until such time that the RAa website announces otherwise.

Owner maintenance biting a flying schoo down the track? Well that would be on the neck of the L2 that did the pre-hire and reward inspection. No different to a dodgey L2 or LAME.