RAAus Fails CASA Audit Again

Robert

For every gaffe, disaster, ignorant decision-making, and whatever else catastrophe oozing seeminly endlessly from RA-Aus, I'm so glad I don't have a plane yet. If I were to buy one right now, I'd buy a VH one and avoid an RA-Aus plane like the plague.Now, I don't say that to be smug or something, I'm frankly appalled at what is happening here. It's run (or not) like a business in the third world. Well, or Italy.

It's a farce with possible disastrous consequences. I have to admit I'm not entirely sure CASA controlling things wouldn't be a good thing at this point. I know, they're "bad", but since they sit with the off-on switch, and RA-Aus themselves doesn't seem capably of hammering a stick into a sh!t without destroying both, and does it continuously with no sense of reality. I don't think it would be such a bad idea, if it at least would bring actual management to the organisation, or am I completely off my rocker?

"Well, or Italy." Like ICP, the manufacturer of Bingo and Savannah aircraft??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, or Italy."Like ICP, the manufacturer of Bingo and Savannah aircraft??

No, like Italy, who jails scientists for not being able to warn precisely about coming earth quakes. Like Italy, where corruption is widespread. Like Italy, where nepotism is everywhere, like Italy where it matters nought what you know or can, but know the right people, and you're hired.

That Italy.

• Like 1

For every gaffe, disaster, ignorant decision-making, and whatever else catastrophe oozing seeminly endlessly from RA-Aus, I'm so glad I don't have a plane yet. If I were to buy one right now, I'd buy a VH one and avoid an RA-Aus plane like the plague.

Also, without trying to be smug - I have been watching RA-Aus for the last couple of years and have been very unimpressed. I started with the AUF for my first few hours before switching to GA, and nothing I have seen is encouraging me to join. And I really would like to. 95.10 has interested me for quite some time but until the dust settles, it is hard to be convinced to spend the dollars.

• Like 1

So who is keen to create a real organization that is run by the members for the members and not a buch of clowns. Adam I'm sure would be able to help out on the technical side, I'm sure Zane or Jill could handle operations. The regulations are in place already so all we need is a body of people to support the birthing process. It can,t hurt as most of us will be grounded soon and just before Xmas too. Thanks RA-Aus board you guys rock.

• Like 1

One thing to be sure, You don't want CASA running this part of aviation directly. AOPA exists to try to keep CASA straight. I get the impression all along that THEY ( CASA), don't want it (our section of aviation),either. I personally, would not know whether the audits etc were too stringent or a set-up or what. I am sure that more assistance could be provided by them in any case Certainly with the legal load which could cripple the organisation, and was incurred acting on behalf of CASA.

What is CASA's view of U/L's etc. I feel they are involved with airlines and care little for anything else. All our stuff is probably a nuisance to them. Anyhow I have had plenty of experience with safety investigators and have plenty of knowledge of how you can be treated. In a legal situation they have the deapest pockets and if you clear yourself on one charge they will issue another as you walk out of court, if they want to be nasty and it has happened. GA is not doing too well either and it only from GA and RAAus ranks that australian pilots will be trained.

We used to have pilots equal to the best in the world. Australian pilots trailblazed all over the world, fought in the second war with the NZ and Canadians allied with the Brits. with distinction.

We are a poor shadow of all that now. Time for action, but do it right. Explainations must be forthcoming. Too many things are a bad look... Nev

• Like 1

For every gaffe, disaster, ignorant decision-making, and whatever else catastrophe oozing seeminly endlessly from RA-Aus, I'm so glad I don't have a plane yet. If I were to buy one right now, I'd buy a VH one and avoid an RA-Aus plane like the plague.Now, I don't say that to be smug or something, I'm frankly appalled at what is happening here. It's run (or not) like a business in the third world. Well, or Italy.

It's a farce with possible disastrous consequences. I have to admit I'm not entirely sure CASA controlling things wouldn't be a good thing at this point. I know, they're "bad", but since they sit with the off-on switch, and RA-Aus themselves doesn't seem capably of hammering a stick into a sh!t without destroying both, and does it continuously with no sense of reality. I don't think it would be such a bad idea, if it at least would bring actual management to the organisation, or am I completely off my rocker?

Yep you are off your rocker.

So much for having things up and running again Tuesday week ago?

Now I have an aircraft that's expired, and contacting the office today (Wednesday), I'm told it may go back on the backlog list after Friday?

bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

I say let LSA, older GA pilots and CASA's RPL all go off under CASA, and we restart the AUF for 95:10 and 95:25!

Thrusters, Lightwings and Drifters were only built to basic standards, but they got a lot of us to where we are today with very little problems, and acceptable cost.

• Like 6

So much for having things up and running again Tuesday week ago?Now I have an aircraft that's expired, and contacting the office today (Wednesday), I'm told it may go back on the backlog list after Friday?

I say let LSA, older GA pilots and CASA's RPL all go off under CASA, and we restart the AUF for 95:10 and 95:25!

Thrusters, Lightwings and Drifters were only built to basic standards, but they got a lot of us to where we are today with very little problems, and acceptable cost.

You have my support on this Pylon!!! We don't even need to do too much except sack the board, elect a new one and change the name back. Hand all the other BS over to CASA.

Well if you are going down that track you won't have my support . You are making an assumption I would say. Are the problems you speak of , really at the cause of the problem.

Is a return to the past a good idea.? I believe those types are only flown by a minority these days and most have 2 stroke engines. I have flown them and am a fan of them but not everybody wants to fly that kind of aircraft. Your organisation will be pretty small. Too small to have much say? perhaps.

Fracturing the show is the wrong way to go. We should be MORE united NOT LESS. Eventually we will be under a bigger umbrella not a smaller one, if we survive. The solution is not as simple as just doing what you propose. I am quite prepared to go to battle to protect the rights of the more basic aviators but you are happy to just kick some members out. It's just a tad offensive. Nev

• Like 11

So much for having things up and running again Tuesday week ago?Now I have an aircraft that's expired, and contacting the office today (Wednesday), I'm told it may go back on the backlog list after Friday?

At last, some sanity!!!

I'm with you pylon500

Pud

• Like 2

At last, some sanity!!!I'm with you pylon500

Pud

l am with you both lets get back to the real ultralights Rag and tube that's what it was first started for Ultralights get rid of the 600kg class and the Lsa give that to Casa to over see ,you would be surprised how many of us are out there .

cheers Geoff

• Like 1

Well if you are going down that track you won't have my support . You are making an assumption I would say. Are the problems you speak of , really at the cause of the problem.Is a return to the past a good idea.? I believe those types are only flown by a minority these days and most have 2 stroke engines. I have flown them and am a fan of them but not everybody wants to fly that kind of aircraft. Your organisation will be pretty small. Too small to have much say? perhaps.

Fracturing the show is the wrong way to go. We should be MORE united NOT LESS. Eventually we will be under a bigger umbrella not a smaller one, if we survive. The solution is not as simple as just doing what you propose. I am quite prepared to go to battle to protect the rights of the more basic aviators but you are happy to just kick some members out. It's just a tad offensive. Nev

How about 95.10 and 95.25 bail out Nev, and set up under the old AUF. Leave everyone else here with the status quo? Or would you call that deserting our fellow aviators? It's not kicking anyone out, it is as it should be. As for not having a say, or at best, a minor say - most 95.10 and 95.25 flyers, in my opinion, would be very happy with that.

Pud

• Like 2

With the greatest of respect to some recent posts, the problems that have been exposed in RAA are not ones of Rag & Tube Vs 600 Kgs.

The staff in the front line are also not the issue, and do a great job under what must be terrible circumstances.

The problem has been numerous examples of pathetic, if not incompetent & culpable, governance and management at and/or near the top.

Some of the clowns that have been most responsible for years of poor management and governance probably think that they have done a great job.

And just read Tizzard's resignation statement to the members again. It ain't his fault, is it?

The Board is to blame, the Executive is to blame and the senior management is to blame. Surely all that needs to be done now is to accurately determine the quantum of blame that should be apportioned to each and hold them accountable accordingly, then fix it.

Not split up the membership into different organisations just because of what they fly.

Regards Geoff

PS ..... And still no audited Treasurer's Report and no Minutes of the AGM, but I guess that is not Reid's fault or Middo's fault respectively, and where is our "I'll fix it all" President in this? Just presiding, I guess.

• Like 4

How about 95.10 and 95.25 bail out Nev, and set up under the old AUF. Leave everyone else here with the status quo? Or would you call that deserting our fellow aviators? It's not kicking anyone out, it is as it should be. As for not having a say, or at best, a minor say - most 95.10 and 95.25 flyers, in my opinion, would be very happy with that.Pud

The organisation will be too small Pud. It will ultimately be marginalised and suffer as a minority.

Being a part of a larger organisation is the key to surviving.

As FT put so well, if we fix the problems in RA Aus, 95-10 and 95-25 can still flourish, contrary to what many believe.

People are the problem here, not aircraft categories. The current issues we have are born out of arrogance not out of LSA.

• Like 1

I do not want the problems, complications and cost of what the RAA is currently trying to do which is to provide an alternative organisation for GA pilots who can't pass their medicals and people who want GA style conditions at an ultralight price.

As FH has stated there are down sides to splitting the organisation but what we have now is not working and the AUF was never set up for or intended for what RAA now is, which just may have something to do with why it is not working.

Surely no one would still argue the wide range of RAA aircraft are not difficult to manage or do not cause extra expense because the groundings and having to bring in outside help to conduct aircraft renewals should be a bit of a clue to any normal person.

I personally do not see any alternative but to have two organisations one AUF style and the other for people who are wanting more expensive, faster and heavier style of aircraft.

Richard.

• Like 4

Ok Tecky.

I'll concede, but only if you'll take the main Exec & Board offenders over into your bit.

(This was meant as an attempt at black humor, ................. but just in case, I have my solicitor drawing up the appropriate forms in the event that you agree to the above).

Regards Geoff

• Like 1

The organisation will be too small Pud. It will ultimately be marginalised and suffer as a minority.Being a part of a larger organisation is the key to surviving.

As FT put so well, if we fix the problems in RA Aus, 95-10 and 95-25 can still flourish, contrary to what many believe.

People are the problem here, not aircraft categories. The current issues we have are born out of arrogance not out of LSA.

I agree with your statement 'people are the problem' David, they usually are the problem with most things and with people being human they are too often arrogant. You will not be able to change that, it is here to stay, and that is why I cannot see our organisation working the way it is.

Richard.

Ok Tecky.I'll concede, but only if you'll take the main Exec & Board offenders over into your bit.

(This was meant as an attempt at black humor, ................. but just in case, I have my solicitor drawing up the appropriate forms in the event that you agree to the above).

Regards Geoff

Funny one Geoff, I have no idea where this will end up but I have a feeling no one wants those guys doing there various roles in the organisation any more.

Richard.

Guest Andys@coffs

Richard

I have one of each. I dont want to be in 2 organisations. I want the one we have now which has process and people deficiencies to be fixed.

I strongly believe that what we have now is recoverable and to carve off a chunk and say over to you boys now that we are right just to me seems to be looking after yourself at everyone elses detriment.

Besides, the issue that is current is that our registration details and processes are wrong....how will carving off a chunk fix that? Wont you take the same wrong processes and people as well? wont that just mean CASA has 2 seperate organisations that it has to work with to fix? But I know we have both said our piece on this many times and neither of us has moved an inch in thinking.

In any event right or wrong, you and those that think like you have as much a right to test that in a general meeting as anything else that we want to discuss.......Why dont you think on it and work up a proposal to put to the members that will be present. If they agree, your (or the remainder) are on their way.

At some time discussion has to get turned into action....Nows the time

Andy

P.S I guess it will come as no great suprise that I will vote against a split....but its the rest of the membership that matters

The problem with changing what the RAA does, doesn't fix how it does things, which is the problem. Fix the RAA and #25 and #10 will pickup.

IMO

THE problem today occurred because the AUF changed what it does to RAA... From my understanding and reading it was not "designed" to administer the new class of GA type Aircraft and the pilots who want the higher standards that go with them and this is the root cause of all the current problems...

• Like 2