RAAus Fails CASA Audit Again

Robert

Guest Andys@coffs

Time for some more facts.:-

The following is not speculation it is indeed fact. I wont tell you from where, but an IQ of 160plus isnt required to work out the likely sources!!

1) The RAAus fleet size is around 3600

2) RAAus staff have a recurring registration rate of around 14 aircraft per day.

3) this whole issue blew up on or around Tuesday the 6th of November

4) No aircraft (thats zip zero, nil......) have been reregistered since the 6th of Novemebr, which is not to say work towards reregistration isnt occuring but just that that final bit where your renewal arrives in the mail becuase RAAus put it in the mail that isnt occuring.

5) The reregistration embargo isnt just 24 registered its everything with an RAAus registration.

6) The fleet of unregistered aircraft must given that there have been 16 working days must be of the order of 224 aircraft and growing by 14 per working day.

As I understand it RAAus is working towards a point in time when great chunks of the grounded fleet can (subject to the limitations of beig able to only do X per day) be renewed as CASA and the RAA employed consultant agree that brand X, meets the registration requirements (providing the owners can document that appropriately such that the RAAus file is completed) however that hasnt yet occured.

<From here on in not facts but speculation by me>

While the president provided news update right up until the point where he said in effect "phew.... all good again from Friday" it would seem that the reality is that NOTHING HAS CHANGED WE STILL CANT REGISTER A SINGLE AIRCRAFT!"

Have we been misled!! I would argue we have. The current update suggest that things are still tough, but I dont believe for one minuite it suggests Zero Aircraft have been reregistered.

What I also dont understand is why we havent more signatures for a GM (we have enough to meet the constitutional need, but I believe there are more upset members than members with a signed form requestinga GM) there are currently 224 aircraft owners ( who must be RAAus members) who cant use their aircraft and have no idea when they will be able to. I would have expected those members at the least to be in favour of a please explain at a GM!

Im still gobsmacked that the situation today is no better then when we were told it'll all be better from Friday........

What do you think????? am I over reacting!!!

Andy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett the reason I'm posting this is that Ed Herring extensively used this forum along with a couple of others, got himself elected and that's pretty much the last we heard of him.

He runs a big risk of being seen as, rightly or wrongly, being seen as part of the problem.

This all sounds like a red herring to me. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

This last year really has been an "Annus Horribilis" for the RAA, and the more we learn, it appears, the closer we get to the anus.

I look at this issue the other way. The more we learn, the more horrible the whole matter looks. Either the RA-Annus is completely cleaned up and renovated or a rival, more efficient, member-focused organisation should emerge as a competitor.

... Either the RA-Annus is completely cleaned up and renovated or a rival, more efficient, member-focused organisation should emerge as a competitor.

I much prefer the former than the latter thanks. The current situation is eminently fixable by the members, if they have the will.

• Like 3

Guest Andys@coffs

The "President" Has updated the RAA News site:-

http://www.raa.asn.au/2012/11/aircraft-registration-update-281112/

He claims "A small number of renewal registrations have been authorized" but unless some people have had renewal completely occur in the last hour os so "authorized" does not translate to registered.

Once again I claim, if not technically misleading, certainly the intent to mislead with semantics

I challenge anyone on the current board to tell me Im wrong and that one or more members have renewal certificates with them, or on the way in the post?

Hang on, why is it signed Steve Runciman President ? I thought he pulled the pin yesterday arvo ? I thought that once somebody resigns from board.

There was no going back & recinding the resignation. 054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

Or are we just getting bent over again & a pineapple being deposited where it dosent belong. big_gun.gif.bf32cf238ff2a3722884beddb76a2705.gif

• Like 1

Hang on, why is it signed Steve Runciman President ? I thought he pulled the pin yesterday arvo ? I thought that once somebody resigns from board.There was no going back & recinding the resignation. 054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

Or are we just getting bent over again & a pineapple being deposited where it dosent belong. big_gun.gif.bf32cf238ff2a3722884beddb76a2705.gif

Pow, this is the sort of thing I was referring to. Action is being taken after a resignation. He may have been secretly reinstated and such reinstatement may have been legal, or the reverse could apply, and the actions turn into a horrific mess, particularly if registrations have not started.

Any comments about the resignation, from me, revolve around the inconsistencies..One law for one and another law for someone else. I am not calling specifically for Steve to resign. Perhaps people (the board) want Steve and at the time they didn't want John... BUT you can't run the show that way! Not now, not ever!. You have to have rules, and they apply equally, whether you are liked or whether you are not. That seems pretty obvious.. NEV

• Like 4

The "President" Has updated the RAA News site:-http://www.raa.asn.au/2012/11/aircraft-registration-update-281112/

The minor issue of his resignation aside (Geez Louise) ......... at least this has been a 4 paragraph attempt to inform the membership .................... or if history is any guide it may perhaps just be the best possible spin that can be put on the situation in order to placate the owners of the 250 grounded reregistration aircraft who may be massing at the gates.

I bet that SlartiButtGrounded now feels much better, all is forgiven, and he is out buying Xmas cards for SR and Middo (which he now has plenty of time on his hands to do).

I will relinquish the CEO position on Friday 4 January 2013.Kindest regards to all.

Steve Tizzard

20 November 2012

Dirk

The RAA staff Xmas party is going to be a hoot. The morale, and the flow of scotch, are going to be thru the roof.

You have to have rules, and they apply equally, whether you are liked or whether you are not. That seems pretty obvious.. NEV

This is the what got Ra-Aus into this whole mess in the first place... It seems that the Board has never had a proper understanding of "the rules". Remember the process of employing the last former Ops Manager? According to my member correspondence there was confusion regarding "the rules" during the simple process of employing someone... My opinion... given this the rot will be through the whole system... just naturally follows.

• Like 1

I did give the office staff a 5 star rating early last week about how fast my licence came through. I have to give them another compliment today as well. Leanne I spoke to on Monday to get a copy of my weight and balance data that I submitted when I first registered my aircraft back in May as for some strange reason I could not find my copy here and it wasn't in my manual in the aircraft for some reason. I was sure I scanned it before I sent the originals away. Leanne told me on monday she would get to it when she could I also said I understand you are snowed under but when you can it would be nice but I can wait no problems. A scanned copy of all the weight and balance I sent down some 11 pages in total turned up in my email this afternoon which when you consider the pressure the admin staff are under at this time is really fantastic and I again have to thank her for a great job. Credit where it is due........The Board and Executive well as we know that is an entirely different matter

Mark

• Like 6

I did give the office staff a 5 star rating early last week about how fast my licence came through. I have to give them another compliment today as well. Leanne I spoke to on Monday to get a copy of my weight and balance data that I submitted when I first registered my aircraft back in May as for some strange reason I could not find my copy here and it wasn't in my manual in the aircraft for some reason. I was sure I scanned it before I sent the originals away. Leanne told me on monday she would get to it when she could I also said I understand you are snowed under but when you can it would be nice but I can wait no problems. A scanned copy of all the weight and balance I sent down some 11 pages in total turned up in my email this afternoon which when you consider the pressure the admin staff are under at this time is really fantastic and I again have to thank her for a great job. Credit where it is due........The Board and Executive well as we know that is an entirely different matterMark

I have over all these years, found the office staff to be fantastic. Very efficient and helpful.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Like 3

I have over all these years, found the office staff to be fantastic. Very efficient and helpful.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Totally agree Dazza and Mark however, I have NEVER had a reply to an email to either ST or the now departed Tech Manager.

Cheers

Mike I must say when I spoke to Adam at Monto he was very good and sensible and when I emailed him some curly stuff that I was quizzing him about at Monto it took a week but I did get a proper and full response...so my dealings with Adam were very positive

I did give the office staff a 5 star rating early last week about how fast my licence came through. I have to give them another compliment today as well. Leanne I spoke to on Monday to get a copy of my weight and balance data that I submitted when I first registered my aircraft back in May as for some strange reason I could not find my copy here and it wasn't in my manual in the aircraft for some reason. I was sure I scanned it before I sent the originals away. Leanne told me on monday she would get to it when she could I also said I understand you are snowed under but when you can it would be nice but I can wait no problems. A scanned copy of all the weight and balance I sent down some 11 pages in total turned up in my email this afternoon which when you consider the pressure the admin staff are under at this time is really fantastic and I again have to thank her for a great job. Credit where it is due........The Board and Executive well as we know that is an entirely different matterMark

To blame the office staff in this would be crazy... Sort of like Holden laying people off because management..... oh wait... sort of like Qld Health laying front line staff off because management... oh sorry... Um... Ah....

Sorry had to add the first bit... I agree the office staff are not at all to blame... THEY ARE VICTIMS AS MUCH AS WE ARE AND HAVE AS MUCH TO LOOSE AS ANYONE IN MANY CASES MORE.

I am concerned by the fact that the office staff have time to be preparing and sending 11 page faxes to members at this time... The fact they have that time worries me more than if they had taken a month....

Don

It did take 2.5 days to do so considering what they must be doing in the office I would think that it was a very reasonable timeframe. Under normal conditions it may have only taken until the afternoon on Monday to get it after my phone call

I am concerned by the fact that the office staff have time to be preparing and sending 11 page faxes to members at this time... The fact they have that time worries me more than if they had taken a month....

Actually I would not be worried! What is happening elsewhere is way above their pay grade. If there is paralysis at the top and lack of communications then the staff can only continue to work and produce what they can for the membership.

We have heard from the Pres that the bottleneck is the consultant has to clear things with CASA first, if there is nothing for the staff to process; then actioning members requests as they are able shows that some levels are still functioning well.

One can only imagine the scene in Canberra, the staff should be applauded for working through it and servicing member requests as best they can.

• Like 3

All,

Calmness is the order of the day. We need RAA to function well as it is in our interest. The question is "what can we do to unite and reconstruct RAA?" There is nothing to be gained running around like chooks with their heads cut off. So what do we need to do?

Allegro 2000

• Like 2

To All Interested RAAus Members,

An email was sent to Steve Runciman today asking him bluntly "Did he submit a letter of resignation to RAAus as President".

He has been open & honest in his reply stating that he did in fact submit a letter of resignation to RAAus on Monday 26.11.12 to RAAus, & during mid week he obtained a legal opinion about wanting to withdraw this resignation letter & the legal advise received indicated that this would be in order to do so, which the Board accepted.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

All,Calmness is the order of the day. We need RAA to function well as it is in our interest. The question is "what can we do to unite and reconstruct RAA?" There is nothing to be gained running around like chooks with their heads cut off. So what do we need to do?

Allegro 2000

Support the General meeting called by the members and attend if at all possible.

• Like 1

All,Calmness is the order of the day. We need RAA to function well as it is in our interest. The question is "what can we do to unite and reconstruct RAA?" There is nothing to be gained running around like chooks with their heads cut off. So what do we need to do?

Allegro 2000

Very true, but to rebuild, sometimes the foundations have to be removed.

To All Interested RAAus Members,An email was sent to Steve Runciman today asking him bluntly "Did he submit a letter of resignation to RAAus as President".

He has been open & honest in his reply stating that he did in fact submit a letter of resignation to RAAus on Monday 26.11.12 to RAAus, & during mid week he obtained a legal opinion about wanting to withdraw this resignation letter & the legal advise received indicated that this would be in order to do so, which the Board accepted.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

Well there is an example of double standards if ever I have seen one.

The Board refused to allow ex President John Garden to withdraw his resignation even before it came into effect allegedly based on legal advice at the time. John issued a letter of resignation stating it would take effect on the Monday and then attempted to withdraw it on the weekend before it came into effect and the Board refused to allow him to withdraw it, here is the proof from the Board master resolution List:

07/11/08

08/56

Motion: That a withdrawal of a letter of resignation from a board member be accepted. Eugene Reid/Lynn Jarvis NOT CARRIED

So 'one rule for the Goose and another for the Gander' ...

What on earth are these guys doing?