Rain, rain go away!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't come back another day. Go somewhere else for a change. Moderate flooding expected today according to weather forecasts - moderate compared to? Had two planes to use for the past two weeks and it has rained pretty solidly nearly every day for the past two weeks.086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was supposed to do an introduction to STOL training this weekend, might have to change to amfib training!

Getting bored doing housebound jobs to fill in time but am thankful that I don't have a flooded house like some.

Guest ozzie

80 acres of dz and it has been non stop mowing when it is dry enough.

Had the hanger flood out. And the entire place covered in water. Couldn't get into town for food for a couple of days. Chips and picnic bars from the vending machine for dinner.

Guest Maj Millard

Well we may be a bit more used to it up here in the far North, to us it's just another good wet setting in. I've managed to get some good flying in between weather events with the air very thick and humid. However I did pull my prop off the other day to give it the yearly look over, so I'll be down for a week or two.

Word around these parts is it's going to be a very wet March !!...we're more than happy to keep sharing, and passing it on to you happy folks down there in the SE corner.................................................................Maj.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Guest Howard Hughes
I was supposed to do an introduction to STOL training this weekend, might have to change to amfib training!

Great weather for 'soft field' training! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Been trying to put up a 6ft colourbond fence to keep a young fella in. Managed to auger a few holes the other day,went down about 4ft and the ground is soaking wet at that depth. Before all this rain I had cracks opening up in the yard big enough for the kids to get their feet into. Good to break a leg while playiing footy if not carefull.

Had been thinking of making a small microlight but was afraid I would have fallen down a crack on take off. If I tried it now it would be like disapearing in quicksand.

• Winner 1

Another 14mm and this will be the wettest year since I started keeping records in 1988 and we still have over 8 months to go. Too wet to pull the plane out of the hangar, it would sink.

Clouds broke up a little this morning. Aha, thinks I! I might just duck up to the strip and get a few circuits in... Brief look at the weather station put paid to that idea. Winds 20ktG25kt directly across the strip. Too much for this little black duck. 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

We have had rubbish wet weather for too long. I have flown once since 20th january, and now there is a cyclone predicted to form end of this week. Who knows what that is going to do. Hopefully things may dry out enough before the end of the week for a good fun fly before things turn very wet again. And the wind is getting up tonight too. :-(

The smiles wont work on my ipad. It just goes to the home page....

Great weather for 'soft field' training! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

If you've got an east/west strip, then the 30kmh+ winds predicted for the next week will certainly lower your ground speed for the short field landings. (and your takeoff roll)

I think all of the eastern sea board would gladly put a collective breath together and blow this toward SA. Persistent showers forecast again today and looking outside I can see what remains of the windsock fluttering away very busily. Moderate flooding expected today. Got to brave the crap weather and go feed the cat and the rabbits. Dare I say the only thing missing in this scenario is snow. Today is the first day of 3/52 leave from work.

Met office says there is a possible cyclone developing N of Townsville and well out to sea. Will not be a threat to Southern coast. If I remember that is what they said about Oswald. Look out Bundy.

I note that the doomsayers are now saying all these disasters are because of global warming. I think a lot of them aren't new, but in the old days we never heard about them. In the 70"s we never heard of Boyne Island flooding, nor Agnes Water and Bundy was never so bad. But in the old days the total population of those places was so small they never got a mention.

Met office says there is a possible cyclone developing N of Townsville and well out to sea. Will not be a threat to Southern coast. If I remember that is what they said about Oswald. Look out Bundy.I note that the doomsayers are now saying all these disasters are because of global warming. I think a lot of them aren't new, but in the old days we never heard about them. In the 70"s we never heard of Boyne Island flooding, nor Agnes Water and Bundy was never so bad. But in the old days the total population of those places was so small they never got a mention.

With all this global warming, watch out for unseasonal snowfalls from Anzac day onwards. Remember Tim Flannery's prediction that the dams will never fill again, global warming is an in-exact science.

• Agree 1

Guest Maj Millard

Pissing down at Shute harbor/Airlie beach as I write this. Monsoon trough is as low as it's been this year, March is upon us ! Problem is, everywhere is already topped up to the brim, so with a lot more rain, quick flooding is possible........................087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif......................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif